Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

What do you think your team's record will be in 2017? If you feel so inclined to indicate so, do you consider your projection a best case scenario? Worst case? Somewhere in between?

Once the season is over we'll dust this thread off and laugh at how far off all of our predictions are!

I'll start.

I think the Broncos will go 11-5 this year. I think they'll do so on the strength of a still top-tier defense and an offense that should improve from awful to adequate. Despite what appears to be a pretty stout slate, the Broncos play their toughest games at home, so that works to their advantage. The division is pretty tough, too but the Chiefs didn't make any obvious strides forward and the Raiders will need a lot of improvement from their defense (they had the lowest scoring differential of any 12-4 team in NFL history) so even what appears to be a tough division isn't out of reach for the Broncos.

I consider 11-5 to be pretty close to best case scenario insomuch as it does assume some degree of improvement mainly to the play of the offensive line, and that improvement facilitating improvement to the effectiveness of the offense as a whole. This also assumes some improvement to the run defense as well. Since injuries are impossible to predict I don't really get wrapped up in their ramifications until something actually happens.

There's mine. Let's here your expectations for your team this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 08:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
dallas was 13-4 last season. i think this season they go 12-4 in the regular season, maybe 11-5. how they fare in the playoffs remains to be seen, though i think this season they win a couple games there.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:28 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
The NFC West records last year!
Seahawks - 10-5-1
Cardinals - 7-8-1
Rams - 4-12
49ers - 2-14

Being a homer, I want to believe that the Cards will do better this season, and come up with a 13-3 (Best Case Scenario).
Being a realist, I'll say they'll actually go 11-5!

Old 08-09-2017, 09:53 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
Packers 10-6. They always go 10-6.
Best case - 12-4 (win the home games & split the road games.)
Worst case - 9-7, still win the division

Old 08-10-2017, 06:39 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
I'm hoping the Packers break the 10-6 syndrome, I'll go 11-5 and hope for 12-4. I definitely think they win the division!

Go Pack Go!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:46 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
10-6. Httr!

Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
My gut feeling is that Miami Dolphins' record could range anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6, as it has done since at least 2012.

On the offensive side, the crucial question is the offensive line: center Mike Pouncey's health is questionable, they have already lost veteran guard Ted Larsen for at least eight games, so it is still not clear whether the promising natural tackle Laremy Tunsil will be playing guard again, and the rest of the crew does not inspire confidence.

In contrast, there is high confidence in the receiving crew and the running backs, featuring Jay Ajayi, though anyone is vulnerable to injury.

Neutral feeling on the quarterbacks: Moore, Cutler, Tannehill are all adequate if surrounded by good linemen and ball handlers.

On the defensive side, the front seven has been inconsistent and questionable since at least 2012; there have been new acquisitions during the off-season, but they still have to prove themselves on the field. There is confidence in the secondary if the main players stay healthy.

In short, the Dolphins have to do a much better job of dominating the line of scrimmage, and on a consistent basis, on both sides of the ball in order to repeat or improve on their 10-6 performance and play-off berth of last year. Otherwise they could regress in view of the much tougher schedule this season.

Best Case: 11-5 (I want to see the optimistic side and hope for a miracle)
Baseline: 8-8
Worst Case:6-10

Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2017, 07:47 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
I'm calling on Dallas' record to be 10-6 as best case scenario and 8-8 as worst. They have a tough schedule. Wild card maybe.

Their defense suffers most as they'll have a completely revamped the secondary and done nothing really to upgrade their D-line. OL hurts with trying to work new faces in and Ty Smith's ongoing back issues.

Looming and already suspended key elements hurt the team. David Irving and Zeke Elliott will be the hardest to overcome.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:24 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,698,612 times
On paper, the Eagles have a very good team this year, so it really depends how everything comes together. If the players gel - especially on offense - we could be looking at an 11-5 team. If not, we're probably 8-8. So much depends on Wentz and his growth.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Every team in the NFL but two.. Anywhere between 4-12 and 12-4..

I think Cleveland and the Jets wind up being the cellar dwellers. One of them will manage 3 wins, the other only 1.

Giants, I think are something of a paper tiger. I expect them to hover around .500 and questions to rise about Eli.

Cardinals.. I suspect will again come up short of expectations, and the questions that are out there about Palmer come to a head.

Patriots.. I think you start to see cracks in the armor of Brady. Nothing bad. But there's going to be a few times this year that his age starts to show. The nagging little questions that are out there about Palmer right now will apply to Brady after this year. Still fully expect them to win the division.

Dolphins.. Eek.. with Cutler? Yeah, i'm revising them downward towards the 4-12 mark after thinking that they'd contend for a playoff spot.

Vikings.. Boy.. Bridgewater I don't expect to play this year.. And this injury is going to affect them for years down the road. Even if he's healthy and hasn't missed a step and comes back next year.. 2 years off? There's going to be serious rust. It'd be 2019 or 2020 before he was back to the point he was before and.. He'd be aprpoaching 30 by the time.. Lots of prime time of his career missed.

Redskins.. I am really expecting that they could win the division.. It all hinges on Dallas to me.. I suspect Dallas will take at least a small step back. And that then opens the door for Washington, who I don't think have lost anything, and MAY have gained on offense. Running game will be the biggest question. They have a solid ground game to take some of the pressure off Cousins and they should do very well.

The Bears.. They're a 4-12 team.

Rams.. 4-12

NFC South should be the most competitive division. I can't really see the Saints winning it, but every other team could.

I suspect an NFC team wins the Super Bowl. You've got a good number of good teams there. In the AFC.. You've got about 4 really good teams. Patriots, Steelers, Texans and Raiders.. And those last two are questionable as to whether they're on par as a really good team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football