Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 09:01 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,611,105 times

Advertisements

Were only 5 days away from the opening night kick off to the season in New England. I am back to defend my 2016 title. This open to anyone who wants to play hopefully everyone returns and we even get a few more.

Here is how some of us finished the 2016 season:

Bill the Butcher- 171
Colt AZ- 166
Calico696- 163
ditchlighs- 161
7express- 159
iknowftbll-158 (I had to do a little work to get your win total iknowfbll)
maniac77- 157
WyoNewk- 155
susancruzs- 155
RightonWalnut- 153
rarog- 46-20

2015 Season Champ- Calico696- 163
2014 Season Champ- Rarog-167

And so here are this weeks picks:

Kansas City @ New England
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Jacksonville @ Houston
Oakland @ Tennessee
Philadelphia @ Washington
Indianapolis @ Los Angeles Rams
Seattle @ Green Bay Packers
Carolina @ San Francisco
New York Giants @ Dallas
New Orleans @ Minnesota
Los Angeles Chargers @ Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 09:33 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,681,548 times
Woo! Let's get it started! Glad football season is back.

New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Oakland @ Tennessee
Carolina @ San Francisco
New York Giants @ Dallas
New Orleans @ Minnesota

Old 09-02-2017, 09:56 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,991,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Were only 5 days away from the opening night kick off to the season in New England. I am back to defend my 2016 title. This open to anyone who wants to play hopefully everyone returns and we even get a few more.

Here is how some of us finished the 2016 season:

Bill the Butcher- 171
Colt AZ- 166
Calico696- 163
ditchlighs- 161
7express- 159
iknowftbll-158 (I had to do a little work to get your win total iknowfbll)
maniac77- 157
WyoNewk- 155
susancruzs- 155
RightonWalnut- 153
rarog- 46-20

2015 Season Champ- Calico696- 163
2014 Season Champ- Rarog-167
Haha, whoops, sorry. I thought I totaled it up as I went last year!

Old 09-02-2017, 10:16 AM

805 posts, read 687,234 times
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Jacksonville @ Houston
Oakland @ Tennessee
Carolina @ San Francisco
New York Giants @ Dallas
New Orleans @ Minnesota

First couple of weeks are always a total crapshoot.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:56 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,443,445 times
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Oakland @ Tennessee
Seattle @ Green Bay
Carolina @ San Francisco
New York Giants @ Dallas
New Orleans @ Minnesota

Old 09-02-2017, 01:35 PM

9,746 posts, read 7,454,879 times
As usual from previous seasons I'll post by Thursday pick either Wednesday or Thursday, and than quote that with the rest of the weekend on Saturday. And last year, was one of my better years and I still finished 12 wins behind the Butcher

Old 09-02-2017, 02:51 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,605,754 times
Nice of Bill to put this together, easier if people put their wins/losses each week! Calico got 163 twice, how did she manage that?

Interesting people picking Pack over Seahawks, Pack fans in a panic over them getting Richardson. I'm not ready to do my picks yet! Enjoy everyone, let the season begin!

Old 09-02-2017, 06:57 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,605,418 times
Thanks for getting the 2017 season started, Bill!

Here we go again, folks! Good luck to all of us football frea... uh, enthusiasts... out there!

Old 09-02-2017, 08:10 PM

7,592 posts, read 6,076,467 times
Welcome to a new season and another year of Cat Picks and quips, designed to entertain. There are NO UPSETS the first week of the season, because we do not yet know who is going to be good and who is not. So the Rams win at home? That is an upset? how do you know that the Rams are not the good and the Colts not ?
So no such thing as an UPSET the first week. We are starting with a clean slate.

That being said, there are a few trends this week. No Super Bowl rematches yet, two inter conference games and several division rivalries. In the Mythic Warrior division, the Raiders will Invade the Titans. The Titans being larger and at home will be a challenge, but the Raiders are used to sweeping in and conquering
Saints and Vikings is another interesting one, as it was the Saints who ended up converting the Vikings to Christianity over 4 centuries in the Middle Ages
So on to the Picks Live from the Sunshine State and in LIVING COLOR

Chiefs @ PATRIOTS Billicheck and Company begin their Super Bowl Title defense on Thursday against the Chiefs. Tom Brady starts at QB and has only 12 years left on his contract, so Billicheck might start thinking about a backup for 2029.

Jets @ BILL'S BUFFALOS The BUFFALOES get an easy win, which they need to enjoy because they will not have many this year. But it IS only the Jets

FALCONS @ Bears The Falcons can treat this like a practice game too, as they are against the other laughingstock of the league....Da Bears.

Ravens @ BENGALS I'll give opening day and home field to the Stripey Cats but I expect the Ravens to get it together and make a good showing as the season progresses

STEELERS
@ Browns The New And Improved Browns can show off their improved team, but against Big Ben and the Steel Curtain, it won't appear on the surface to be much different. but stay tuned Browns fans: Great things are in the works !

CARDINALS @ Lions The Pesky Red Birds Fly to Detroit Rock City to take on the Lions. I expect this to be a really good game. Both teams should see playoff action in January

Jaguars @ TEXANS The Texans announced that they will allow boats to park at the stadium and each fan will receive an inflatable life ring in Texans colors. While the rest of the city swims underwater, Goodell will make dure that the area around the stadium is dry and the game goes on as scheduled. Priorities, priorities

BUCCANEERS @ My Finz Well, this is just not what you want to see, visions of Pirates spearing Dolphins from their sailing ship.

RAIDERS @ Titans Another great game of the week, as the Silver and Black match up in what will probably be the two first place finishers in their respective divisions

Eagles @ REDSKINS A Civion Rivalry, the Eagles are not quite ready to fly high this time but maybe next week.

Colts @ RAMS Me thinks the NFC West will have three good teams this year Rams win easily at home as Andrews Luck has run out and he probably won't even play. Nor will the defense

Seahawks @ PACKERS Another good game. Two solid teams matching up in the game of the week.
PANTHERS @ 49ers Me thinks the NFC West will have three good teams this year and the 49er swill NOT be one of them

GIANTS @ Cowboys Same old song and dance. The Cowboys open against a division rival (usually the Giants) and lose, over rated and undercoached while we get glimpses of the improvements made by the New York Football Giants

Saints @ VIKINGS There is a really interesting book about how the Saints influenced the formation of the Christian government in Scandanavia for those into Rleigious, European or Viking history......
https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Strong.../dp/8763507919

CHARGERS @ Broncos

As Promised (and as is tradition)
Q: How do you stop a Chargers fan from beating his wife?
A: Dress her in Broncos blue and orange.

HA HA HA

OK Fans there you have it. Like most of the league, my record going into week one is 0-0 so that means that right now I am up there with Bill and Colt and I know football !

Old 09-02-2017, 09:22 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,219,977 times
New York Jets @ Buffalo
Atlanta @ Chicago
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
Arizona @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ Miami
Oakland @ Tennessee
Carolina @ San Francisco
New York Giants @ Dallas
New Orleans @ Minnesota

These were tough to pick. I probably overthought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football