U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 05:20 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times

Advertisements

Ravens. Steelers for sure, and I believe they play NE this year, so let's add that to the list this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 05:35 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,361,294 times
There are 2 regular season Lions games that stick out the most to me:

December 17, 1995: Lions 44 Jacksonville 0 - I was in attendance at the Pontiac Silverdome after years of begging my dad to take me to a Lions game. I was able to watch what would be the best Lions game played for many many years. Barry Sanders scored twice. Due to the merciless traffic people began to leave early in the 4th quarter as the blowout was apparent. We ended up moving down to the 50 yard line just a few rows back. After the game a drunk guy stormed the field sans shirt, shoes or socks and rocking a mullet & he was rocked by security and police.

November 15, 2015: Lions 18 Packers 16 - Not the best game for either team involved but it was the first Lions victory and Lambeau since December 15, 1991. It was like winning a Super Bowl for any Lions fan that was not alive in the 50s.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:48 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Ravens. Steelers for sure, and I believe they play NE this year, so let's add that to the list this year.
They do not. They do play Green Bay, but I'm not sure if you misread the question.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:23 AM

2,749 posts, read 2,370,127 times
I’m sure there are games from the Favre era worth mentioning but my memory is too poor to recall.

I agree with Susan, the Packers beatdown of Seattle last year felt so good. Packers beat the Seahawks the previous year, but this game was glorious, especially against a team & fans who like to talk as much as Seattle.
- Packers caused 6 turnovers (5 interceptions, 1 fumble.)
- Gave Seahawks their worst loss since Carroll became coach.
- Rodgers had a passer rating of 150.8 (18-23, 246 yds, 3 TD) which is the highest allowed by a Seahawk D in that timeframe.

Honorable Mention
10/15/2012 Packers 42, Texans 24
Packers started the season 2-3 (after going 15-1 last season). Fans were very uneasy and voicing criticism everywhere. Media joined in on the bashing & especially against Rodgers. Shannon Sharpe (who admitted he’s never met Rodgers in person) said a bunch of junk like Rodgers doesn’t get along with his receivers . . . he throws his teammates under the bus . . . he’s not a good person etc.

Texans were undefeated at 5-0 & the game was at Houston, on Monday Night, so lots of hype leading to the game. Packers came out on fire & it was 21-10 by half. Rodgers tied a team record by throwing 6 TDs (tied with Matt Flynn.) It was one of many games where the fans & the NFL knew “the Pack is Back.” Packers went on to go 8-2 after that game to finish the season. After the game a reporter on the field asked Rodgers “what do you think you told the critics tonight?” He simply went “Shhh” & walked away.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:23 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
There were other great games, going to Falcons 13-3, fans were so confident, Packers lost to them during the season, game would be a walk in the park. Nope, it was a blow out on the way to the Super Bowl, awesome game. Oh, wait, it was supposed to be regular season, this was playoffs!

Seattle bugs me more than any other team, because of the way they play and their fans. I'll put up with Bears, Lions and Vikings fans any day over Seattle.

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-16-2017 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 05:56 AM

10,677 posts, read 11,085,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
There were other great games, going to Falcons 13-3, fans were so confident, Packers lost to them during the season, game would be a walk in the park. Nope, it was a blow out on the way to the Super Bowl, awesome game. Oh, wait, it was supposed to be regular season, this was playoffs!
Yup, that was a playoff win you're thinking of. 2010, right? The only other time I remember the Falcons going 13-3 was 2012 and the 49ers were the team that beat them that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seattle bugs me more than any other team, because of the way they play and their fans. I'll put up with Bears, Lions and Vikings fans any day over Seattle.
After SB XLVIII someone asked me if I was frustrated by the way the Seahawks play, specifically their secondary and how they pretty much hold on every play and dare the refs to make a call. I replied I wasn't because you can't fault them for finding a way to win. It seems like borderline cheating but if the refs are going to let it continue then the onus is on the opponent to adjust. I was more frustrated with my own team for refusing to adjust their style of play to match the Seahawks willingness to push the rules. I kept expecting Decker, JT or DT to designate a play or two where their sole job was to not get open but to serve notice to Seahawks players. Never happened. Instead they kept playing for PI flags that never came. There were all kids of other problems with that 2013 Broncos team and the way they went into that game but that's a subject for another thread. Suffice to say the Broncos lost that game before they even suited up.

I was so glad to see that temperament change when Kubiak took over: it was a tough team that won dogfight after dogfight, dominating the playoffs by allowing a combined 44 points to the #1, #3, and #4 scoring offenses from that season.

As for the Seahawks and their fans I can understand. Nobody likes a sore loser but if there is anything worse than a sore loser it's a sore winner. I've never seen a Super Bowl winning team run their mouths the way the Seahawks did. They won and I give them all the credit for that. Why the disrespect to an opponent? What more did they have to prove? And the fans followed suit. Even way out here in Virginia the occasional Seahawks fan felt compelled to get a jab in if I happened to be out and about in Broncos gear. I can always understand being excited about a big win, but I have no use for fans who feel the need to talk $*** after a win. With that said, there are a lot of Seahawks fans out there who are normal people and weren't running their mouths.

Okay, back to regular season games!

Last edited by iknowftbll; 09-17-2017 at 06:13 AM..

Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 PM

10,677 posts, read 11,085,382 times
I'm not going to lie. This may not rank as most satisfying and if I'm honest even ranking it top 5 is probably more recency bias than anything else but the Broncos stomping the Cowboys after hearing all about how Ezekiel Elliot was going to run over the Broncos behind the best O-line in the game was pretty nice.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:14 PM

3,309 posts, read 2,302,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Yup, that was a playoff win you're thinking of. 2010, right? The only other time I remember the Falcons going 13-3 was 2012 and the 49ers were the team that beat them that year.

After SB XLVIII someone asked me if I was frustrated by the way the Seahawks play, specifically their secondary and how they pretty much hold on every play and dare the refs to make a call. I replied I wasn't because you can't fault them for finding a way to win. It seems like borderline cheating but if the refs are going to let it continue then the onus is on the opponent to adjust. I was more frustrated with my own team for refusing to adjust their style of play to match the Seahawks willingness to push the rules. I kept expecting Decker, JT or DT to designate a play or two where their sole job was to not get open but to serve notice to Seahawks players. Never happened. Instead they kept playing for PI flags that never came. There were all kids of other problems with that 2013 Broncos team and the way they went into that game but that's a subject for another thread. Suffice to say the Broncos lost that game before they even suited up.

I was so glad to see that temperament change when Kubiak took over: it was a tough team that won dogfight after dogfight, dominating the playoffs by allowing a combined 44 points to the #1, #3, and #4 scoring offenses from that season.

As for the Seahawks and their fans I can understand. Nobody likes a sore loser but if there is anything worse than a sore loser it's a sore winner. I've never seen a Super Bowl winning team run their mouths the way the Seahawks did. They won and I give them all the credit for that. Why the disrespect to an opponent? What more did they have to prove? And the fans followed suit. Even way out here in Virginia the occasional Seahawks fan felt compelled to get a jab in if I happened to be out and about in Broncos gear. I can always understand being excited about a big win, but I have no use for fans who feel the need to talk $*** after a win. With that said, there are a lot of Seahawks fans out there who are normal people and weren't running their mouths.

Okay, back to regular season games!

Totally agree! Then the following season after the last second SB loss to NE, the team and fans complained about how the Patriots gloated afterwards. to me that's worse-dish it out but can't take it.

To answer your OP, oops, but the one that comes to mind as a GB fan is 2007 in Denver Favre to Jennings in OT. I admit I was still a tad salty over SB32 10 seasons before, and having to hear Denver fans act like they themselves ran for 160+ yards that day, well I admit it was a a sweet victory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or