U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:45 PM

3,760 posts, read 1,363,656 times

Advertisements

Well today I have a CBS game at 4pm in my local area and during halftime there are still no highlights of the early games. Also my local CBS station didn't air news during halftime from which means highlights of the early games at halftime of 4pm game is a thing of the past. I do feel better I can watch a NFL Highlights show at 7:30pm on the NFL Network of all the games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Well today I have a CBS game at 4pm in my local area and during halftime there are still no highlights of the early games. Also my local CBS station didn't air news during halftime from which means highlights of the early games at halftime of 4pm game is a thing of the past. I do feel better I can watch a NFL Highlights show at 7:30pm on the NFL Network of all the games.
And you can also do the same on the internet, for example, Panthers 49ers you can watch the highlights from YouTube.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 AM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,136 times
What I miss most was when I was a kid, staying up to halftime (central time) on Monday nights to watch the highlights from Sunday. This was back when Cosell used to call all the halftime reels, the cable had all of 6 channels and living in Texas, if you were not a Cowboy fan, you were out of luck because that was the only game shown.
The only way I could see how the FINZ Jets Rams Packers did was on Monday night when the halftime rolled in and Cosell ran the highlights. Something I looked forward to, because the local news on Sunday night ran ONLY the Dowboys highlights (Which I had already had to see if I wanted to watch TV at all on Sunday)
I can remember many times, not knowning the scores from the day before until the paper came Monday night or MNF came on.

Living in small town Texas sucked (See my rants on the religion section)

NOT today, the opposite is true. The Potential for sports OVERLOAD takes place. While we had only 6 channels on Cable TV as a kid, we have more than that just for sports...probably just for ESPN
With the internet, I can get info from not only the game scores as they happen, but ongoing stats from everything to how many pass attempts Big Joe Flacco made down to how many boogers Jerry Jones pulled out of his Nose !

And thanks to sports bars, I can watch 6 games at once.

Perhaps that is why highlights and game reels are not shown as often now, since they assume that everyone has already seen everything But I wish they would run the highlights at halftime at the 4 games and through the halftime of MNF which I have not seen

Old 09-20-2017, 11:34 AM

3,760 posts, read 1,363,656 times
I didnt see highlights this past Sunday because the cowboys/broncos game started late due to lighting. So by that the game went off the sunday night game was already innprogress.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:50 PM

14,540 posts, read 22,402,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
You're on your own to figure that out for yourself.

On second thought, don't bother.

Good Luck!

+5. I hear ya. I don't watch local news anymore. About the only thing solid anymore is final scores and the obituaries.

What gripes me is how local networks are to chicken-bleep to show me Raiders and Chiefs games concurrent with or following my Bronco games. I don't care about any other games, like the hapless New York Giants or any other out of conference team, until playoff time.

If my team isn't playing MNF or TNF, that's a no-brainer. I don't watch it. If I missed something, like an amazing play or something, like Odell Beckham Jr making a td and handing the ball to the ref and acting like an adult, I can catch it later on my phone or something.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,192,061 times
Ravens are laying a huge, ugly Raven egg in London this a.m......setting back NFL in Europe by decades.....Jax leading 37-0, third quarter.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:47 AM

14,540 posts, read 22,402,943 times
The NFL sucks so hard, they're really there to just laugh at this wrongly named sport anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or