U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:34 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,369,384 times

Advertisements

Week 1: 10-5

Texans @ Bengals
Browns @ Ravens
Bears @ Buccaneers
Vikings @ Steelers
Patriots @ Saints
Eagles @ Chiefs
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Colts
Bills @ Panthers
Jets @ Raiders
Dolphins @ Chargers
49ers @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Rams
Cowboys @ Broncos
Packers @ Falcons
Lions @ Giants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 07:34 AM

689 posts, read 338,647 times
Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals

Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers
Minnesota Vikings at Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots at New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles at Kansas City Chiefs
Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals at Indianapolis Colts
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Jets at Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers
Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

Detroit Lions at new York Giants

Old 09-13-2017, 07:37 AM

21,342 posts, read 21,917,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Houston @ Cincinnati
Buffalo @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Pittsburgh
New England @ New Orleans
Philadelphia @ Kansas City
Chicago @ Tampa Bay
Arizona @ Indianapolis
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
NY Jets @ Oakland
Miami @ LA Chargers
Dallas @ Denver
San Clara @ Seattle
Washington @ LA Rams
Green Bay @ Atlanta
NY Giants @ Detroit

Went 12-3 for the first week

Sorry I didn't see this thread in time before I posted

you have some of these that appear to have both selected?

Old 09-13-2017, 07:38 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,059,199 times
Week 1: 9-6

Texans @ Bengals-Based on what happened in Week 1, this should be another craptacular Thursday night game. While I think Watson is the answer at QB and will show glimpses of brilliance, he's still a rookie QB making his first NFL start on the road in a short week against an angry Andy Dalton. I give Watson a pass for last week because he was thrown into a bad situation. He will be better this week, but I expect Dalton to play better and do just enough to help his team eke out a win. I really expected Houston to play inspired football last week in honor of the Hurricane Harvey victims, but that clearly didn't happen. Maybe getting out of Houston will be what they need to get back on track. They are usually playoff contenders in the lowly AFC South.

Browns @ Ravens-I expect this to be a low-scoring dogfight. Browns are definitely not competing for the biggest dumpster fire this year. They're going to be competitive in most games. I liken them to the Chargers. They're good enough to keep the games close, but not good enough to win them. If the Ravens blanked the Bengals, I don't see the Browns being able to put up many points against the Ravens since it will be Kizer's first road start.

Bears @ Buccaneers-In my throwaway pick of the week, I'll take Da Bears. Mike Glennon will smoke a Winston and get revenge against his old team.

Vikings @ Steelers-This should be an excellent game as the Purple Reign's stout defense takes on the Steelers potent offense. I'll take the Killer B's at Heinz Field against most teams, but I could totally see the Viqueens getting off to another hot start like last season.

Patriots @ Saints-This could be a shootout based on the matador defense both teams employed in Week 1. However, Brady is angry and Belichick will make the necessary adjustments to ensure that Week 1 debacle doesn't happen again. They're the defending Super Bowl champs for a reason and the Saints simply don't have enough talent defensively to hang with the Pats.

Eagles @ Chiefs-Eagles are my pick to take the NFC East this year, but winning at Arrowhead against a good Chiefs team will prove to be too difficult of a challenge. I think they'll make it a closer game than the Patriots did though.

Titans @ Jaguars-Are the Jags for real or was Week 1 an anomaly? I think this game will provide that answer. I remember the Titans losing in Jacksonville last season, which essentially knocked them out of the playoffs. I expect the Fighting Mariotas to get revenge here.

Cardinals @ Colts-Whoa! Add Colts to the list of contenders for the biggest dumpster fire with Da Bears, Jets, and my Niners. They could be the worst team in the NFL without Andrew Luck. Is there a more important player to their team than Luck? I don't think so. With Luck, they at least have a slim chance of winning. Without him, they're bloody awful. I wonder if the Colts can get Peyton Manning to come out of retirement until Luck returns. That solution couldn't be any worse than who they're throwing out there. Cards will win this easily.

Bills @ Panthers-This should be a close game, but I'll take Carolina in their home opener. It could be a shock to the system for the Panthers to play a real team after the scrimmage with my hapless Niners last week.

Jets @ Raiders-Jets are jokes and the Raiders are for real. I expect a woodshed beating.

Dolphins @ Chargers-Chargers are still the bad news bears. Yes, it's their home opener, but will anybody care? They're always among the lowest in attendance and the move to LA certainly isn't going to help that. While Jay Cutler is making his debut with the Fins, he knows the offense and Miami has enough weapons to eke out a win.

49ers @ Seahawks-Seahawks are getting the gift of hosting my pathetic Niners this week at Century Field where they get all the calls. While my Niners usually show up for divisional opponents, that just means it will be more like a 20-7 loss than a 48-3 loss.

Redskins @ Rams-Now that Goff has had the training wheels taken off the offense that hindered the Rams last year, I think the Rams will be much improved and can certainly handle a mediocre Redskins team at home. Redskins are obviously going to be stiffer competition than the Colts, but that Rams D is stellar.

Cowboys @ Broncos-Yes, this is just a wishful thinking pick. I know the Cowboys are the better team, but Denver does win a lot at home. Maybe justice will prevail and the Cowboys can lose this. Any Given Sunday.

Packers @ Falcons-The Super Bowl hangover continues for the Falcons who barely got a win against the hapless Bears last week. It will be Aaron Rodgers and the Pack christening the new stadium with a win as they get revenge against a Falcons team that beat them twice last season.

Lions @ Giants-I usually don't pick the Lions on the road, but I have no choice since the Giants offense is on life support. I don't even think the Lions will require another 4th-quarter comeback from Matt Stafford.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-13-2017 at 07:50 AM..

Old 09-13-2017, 07:49 AM

21,342 posts, read 21,917,974 times
week 1: 7 - 8

Texans @ Bengals

Browns @ Ravens
Bears @ Buccaneers
Vikings @ Steelers
Patriots @ Saints
Eagles @ Chiefs
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Colts
Bills @ Panthers

Jets @ Raiders
Dolphins @ Chargers

49ers @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Rams
Cowboys @ Broncos

Packers @ Falcons

Lions @ Giants

Old 09-13-2017, 08:30 AM

19,986 posts, read 18,971,742 times
Week 1/Season: 7-8

Houston Texans (0-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1)

The Texans disappointed last week because they played a surprise Jacksonville Jaguars team. Either DeShaun Watson needs to get his feet wet in regular season games, or the Texans continued playing bad from last season.

Marvin Lewis is a game closer to ending his tenure with the Bengals. Starting the the season with a shutout loss is a smart move to accomplishing that goal.

This is a questionable game to pick. I will need to lean toward the Bengals because of experience.

Cleveland Browns (0-1) at Baltimore Ravens (1-0)

Chicago Bears (0-1) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0)

Minnesota Vikings (1-0) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

New England Patriots (0-1) at New Orleans Saints (0-1)

The Patriots got a surprise loss courtesy of the Kansas City Chiefs. They should be playing better this week after the embarrassment.

The Saints have not changed much in recent seasons. Sean Peyton remains the head coach. Drew Brees remains the quarterback. The Saints have no defense. The Saints continue to lose games. Losing to Sam Bradford specifically is another legitimate reason of decay.

Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) at Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

Tennessee Titans (0-1) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-0)

I was not projecting the Jaguars to defeat the Houston Texans last week. The Jaguars have trended downward in recent seasons. If they are starting to trend upward, the AFC South is in for a surprise.

The Titans' concerns start with quarterback Marcus Mariota. This is the season Mariota needs to step up and produce.

Arizona Cardinals (0-1) at Indianapolis Colts (0-1)

Buffalo Bills (1-0) at Carolina Panthers (1-0)

New York Jets (0-1) at Oakland Raiders (1-0)

Miami Dolphins (0-0) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-1)

San Francisco 49ers (0-1) at Seattle Seahawks (0-1)

Washington Redskins (0-1) at Los Angeles Rams (1-0)

The Redskins losing to the Philadelphia Eagles was a surprise. Either the Eagles were a good team, the Redskins were a bad team, or Kirk Cousins has been solved.

Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Denver Broncos (1-0)

Green Bay Packers (1-0) at Atlanta Falcons (1-0)

Detroit Lions (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1)

Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM

6,551 posts, read 4,499,759 times
Last week: 9-6
Season: 9-6

Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals. Both teams stunk last week, so this is basically a pick em....however....I think the Texans with Watson have more upside than the Bengals do. Watson wasn't very good either but I have a feeling these are what the Bengals are, a mediocre to bad football team. Will get the rest in over the weekend.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:58 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,130,959 times
NFL 2017 WEEK 2 PICKS:

We’re on to Week 2… all ye Wranglers!

Houston Texans @ Cincy Bengals – Thursday Night: Flip-a-Coin / 0-1 Bowl

Buffalo Bills @ Carolina Panthers – Winner goes to 2-0!
Minnesota Vikings @ Pittsburgh Steelers – Winner goes to 2-0 II!
Noo England Patriots @ Nawlins Saints – Is a 40-somethin’ too old for football?
Philadelphia Eagles @ Kansas City Chiefs – KC in da sunshine, man! (Winner: 2-0 III)
Chicago Bears @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Postponed Bucs = HUNGRY Bucs?
Arizona Marginals @ Indianapolis Colts – Are homers irrational? (0-1 Bowl II)
Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens – Blew it on the Blackbirds last week!
Tennessee Mariotas @ Jacksonville Jags – Mariota bandwagon beckons!
Noo Yawk Jets @ Oakland Raiders – Silver & Black… are back!
Miami Dolphins @ LA Chargers – Sentimental pick: Fins! (Bolts go zzzzzt!)
Dallas Cowboys @ Denver Broncos – 2-0 IV: But will Dakkenzeke reach the playoffs?
St Francis Neeners @ Seattle Seahawks – When will the Neeners rise up?
Washington Redskins @ LA Rams – Which Kirk will show up?
Go Pack Go! @ Atlanta Falcons – At the risk of repeating myself… In Aaron We Trust!

Detroit Lions @ Noo Yawk Giants – Yep, it’s another Flip-a-Coin Bowl

Old 09-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Status: "Phillies baseball is MLB dysentery." (set 2 days ago)

1,238 posts, read 584,349 times
I'm doing this from my phone, so I'm being lazy. Full team name signifies the winner and partial name is the loser or "looser" since I'm doing it the millennial way.

This weeks Schedule

Houston Texans at Cincinnati
Bills at Carolina Panthers
Minnesota at Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots at Saints
Eagles at Kansas City Chiefs
Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay
Arizona Cardinals at Indianapolis
Browns at Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville
Jets at Oakland Raiders
Miami at Los Angeles Chargers
Dallas at Denver Broncos
49ers at Seattle Seahawks
Washington Redskins at Rams

Packers at Atlanta Falcons (New Stadium opening, both teams will bring it but ATL still has more balance on offense. GB doesn't have Chicago's D Line talent and they aren't playing Seattle's O Line).

Detroit at New York Giants

Old 09-13-2017, 02:38 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,943,656 times
Practically everybody picking the Chiefs over the Eagles (including myself)!!

Can the Eagles pull out the upset win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football