U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,127,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
So I start Week 2 like I start most weeks.....with a loss.
Welcome to our 0-1 party!

Almost all of us picked the dirty, rotten Bengals, with the exception of a couple whose coin flipped the Texans way!

I have to believe that Marvin Lewis (HC since 2003) may be in trouble, unless he has something on the owner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:44 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
Bengals play GB next at Lambeau. Only team Rodgers hasn't beat. A writer wrote, trouble with the game is Packers are known for fixing whatever ails any given team??? What??? Can we please concentrate on Week 2 first!

Last edited by susancruzs; 09-15-2017 at 09:05 AM..

Old 09-15-2017, 07:55 AM

5,721 posts, read 5,468,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post

Almost all of us picked the dirty, rotten Bengals, with the exception of a couple whose coin flipped the Texans way!

I have to believe that Marvin Lewis (HC since 2003) may be in trouble, unless he has something on the owner?
I can't understand how he wasn't fired after their humiliating playoff loss to Pittsburgh 2 seasons ago.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:03 AM

23,648 posts, read 33,445,874 times
Quote:

Damn those Texans, being less sucky than Cincinnati. I'm befuddled how Marvin has a job with 14 years without one playoff win. Yes, he made the Bengals revelant but you gotta set higher standards at some point.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:31 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
Quote:

haha, it's more that I will never ever trust the Bengals and pick them. Lewis shouldn't even be a question at this point, fire him and start over.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:18 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,260,972 times
Texans
Eagles
Vikings
Cardinals
Buccaneers
Broncos
Redskins
Seahawks

Sorry I'm a little late for the party since I missed the Thursday night game because we had no internet connection for 2 weeks, lol!

Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,260,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Texans
Eagles
Vikings
Cardinals
Buccaneers
Broncos
Redskins
Seahawks

Sorry I'm a little late for the party since I missed the Thursday night game because we had no internet connection for 2 weeks, lol!
And I forgot Packers and Giants, LOL! I continue to forget some games again like I have the last couple years! LOL!

Packers
Giants

Old 09-16-2017, 04:05 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,223 times
Week 1: 11-4

Have already screwed up this year and continued my own annoying tradition of forgetting to pick the Thurs Night Game.

Here are my other picks:

Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals (Missed)

Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers
Minnesota Vikings at Pittsburgh Steelers
New England Patriots at New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles at Kansas City Chiefs
Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Arizona Cardinals at Indianapolis Colts
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars
New York Jets at Oakland Raiders
Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers
Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks
Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons

Detroit Lions at New York Giants

Old 09-16-2017, 06:24 PM

2,495 posts, read 3,638,012 times
Week 1: 12-2 (Missed the KC v NE game)

Week 2: 0-1 ( chose Bengals against my better judgement )

Buffalo @ Carolina
Minnesota @ Pittsburgh
New England @ New Orleans
Philadelphia @ Kansas City
Chicago @ Tampa Bay
Arizona @ Indianapolis
Cleveland @ Baltimore
Tennessee @ Jacksonville
NY Jets @ Oakland
Miami @ LA Chargers
Dallas @ Denver
San Francisco @ Seattle
Washington @ LA Rams
Green Bay @ Atlanta
NY Giants @ Detroit

Old 09-16-2017, 08:42 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 9-6
Season: 9-6

Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals. Both teams stunk last week, so this is basically a pick em....however....I think the Texans with Watson have more upside than the Bengals do. Watson wasn't very good either but I have a feeling these are what the Bengals are, a mediocre to bad football team. Will get the rest in over the weekend.
Buffalo Bills at Carolina Panthers. Panthers should win in their home opener
Minnesota Vikings at Pittsburgh Steelers. I picked against the Squeelers last week and they won. Hopefully picking them to win means they lose!
New England Patriots at New Orleans Saints. Patriots defense was bad, but I see them bouncing back. Saints defense is STILL bad and are already having locker room issues.
Philadelphia Eagles at Kansas City Chiefs. Are the Eagles for real?? Almost nobody is picking Philly, so I could steal a game here if the Eagles win.
Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bucs at home over the toothless & clawless Bears.
Arizona Cardinals at Indianapolis Colts. Can I pick a tie?? Palmer looks to be on his last legs and the Cardinals are a greater than touchdown favorite......on the road! Without Luck, I think the Colts maybe the worst team in football. Nobody was more embarrassing week 1 than the Colts.
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens. This will be a close game as the Brownies are much improved, but the Ravens take it.
Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars. This is a tough game. I'm thinking the Jags may surprise this year, and if they want to, they better win games like this at home.
New York Jets at Oakland Raiders. Should be an easy.
Miami Dolphins at Los Angeles Chargers. I actually liked the Chargers until I heard Melvin Ingram's idiotic comments the other day when he basically said Cutler brings nothing to the table. You lost to Trevor freaking Simien in week 1, shut up!
Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos. Broncos at home.
San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks. I've got the Seahawks in the survivor league, so better pick them here.
Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams. Another tough pick Obviously the Redskins are better then the Colts, the Rams may actually have to break a sweat this game. But the Redskins have to fly across the country, and McVay would love to beat his old employer. I'll take the Redskins just because I trust Cousins more than Goff, even though Goff severely outplayed him last week.
Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons. Packers open the Mercedes Benz stadium with a road win.

Detroit Lions at new York Giants. Yes, I know Caldwell is a better coach than McAdoo, Stafford is now a better QB then Eli, and the Lions are a better team than the Giants. if this was in Detroit it would be a no brainer, but I still can't pick myself to pick the Lions on the road in a national TV game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football