U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:12 PM

781 posts, read 479,894 times

Advertisements

History has shown LA is undeserving of one NFL team, let alone two. Maybe one of the teams will prosper this time around, but I doubt it. Real fans don't let the antiquity or newness of a stadium impact them to the extent seen thus far or expected down the road when the new stadium is complete; it's a weak excuse for a city of disinterested transplants who have their own teams to root for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 12:22 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,065,022 times
I think the enormous interest in fantasy football, which was created by the younger computer oriented generation, had also impacted the NFL. They care about individual players rather than getting attached to an NFL team, and don't care about going to games, they'd just as soon stay home and watch all the games.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,700,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svicious22 View Post
History has shown LA is undeserving of one NFL team, let alone two. Maybe one of the teams will prosper this time around, but I doubt it. Real fans don't let the antiquity or newness of a stadium impact them to the extent seen thus far or expected down the road when the new stadium is complete; it's a weak excuse for a city of disinterested transplants who have their own teams to root for.

The Rams will be fine. 60,000 range is a good number.

We will see about the Chargers.

I'm seeing plenty of empty seats in all NFL stadiums these days. I guess all teams aren't "working out" or whatever.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:14 PM

2,014 posts, read 2,014,761 times
Well I said it before and I will say it again, the NFL needs LA more than LA needs the NFL. We would only get a team under our conditions and not be saddled with the cost of building an NFL stadium.

With that being said, I am glad to have my Rams back. But until they win consistently, they may have low attendance. With the Rams looking better, I do expect them to get more people showing up to their games if they keep it up.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,700,457 times
If they get to the 50,000-70,000 range consistently going forward. That's perfectly fine. They don't need to sell out the 93,000 Coliseum. Mighty NYC doesn't even have to do that.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:49 PM

2,014 posts, read 2,014,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
If they get to the 50,000-70,000 range consistently going forward. That's perfectly fine. They don't need to sell out the 93,000 Coliseum. Mighty NYC doesn't even have to do that.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Most of the money comes from the networks anyway.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:20 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,883,415 times
Another week, another Charger home game where the opposing team's fan completely dwarfed the Charger fans. This continues to be a bad look for the NFL and the the Chargers. How the team canNot easily sellout a stadium that seats less than 30,000 and have the bulk of the fans in attendance be cheering for your team speaks volumes about the prospects for the Chargers in LA.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:04 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,151,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Another week, another Charger home game where the opposing team's fan completely dwarfed the Charger fans. This continues to be a bad look for the NFL and the the Chargers. How the team canNot easily sellout a stadium that seats less than 30,000 and have the bulk of the fans in attendance be cheering for your team speaks volumes about the prospects for the Chargers in LA.
Roger Goodell was there to see the Chargers get booed when they took the field, Eagles loudly getting cheered when they scored, but the absolute best is the "Cowboys suck" chant throughout the stadium. Eagles fans took over the Stub Hub arena, nice job guys.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 19,441,565 times
The NFL has ruined the fan bases of two major metropolitan areas (San Diego and St Louis) all for the media revenue of LA. So far the attendance at Chargers games is nothing short of embarrassing and the Rams fan base seems slow to be even as passionate about the team as St Louis was.

For every fan they gained in LA, they probably lost 3-4 in other parts of the country.

Yea, I would say it's going to backfire.

And now the kneeling thing is really pissing off the core demographic of the NFL fan base. (working class blue collar etc). I get the kneeling and I don't really care if they kneel, but these guys are using the wrong platform to send their message because they are insulting so many NFL fans that are very patriotic and or military/first responders.

The NFL and their players have lost touch with who their fans even are.

Hint, hint. It's not the LA fans that will fill up a billion dollar stadium to wine and dine each other.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:45 AM

1,581 posts, read 985,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Eagles fans took over the Stub Hub arena..
Reminds me of vintage Clippers.. when fans for visiting teams would virtually take over Memorial Sports/Staples Center. I remember in the early 2ooos, Clippers public relations resorted to advertising visiting NBA stars to promote attendance.

There was very little grassroots demand for the Chargers to come to LA, it is what it is now.. I feel for the long-time, loyal San Diego fan base tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or