Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your rate for Romo as a broadcaster?
1 6 8.33%
2 2 2.78%
3 2 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 5 6.94%
6 5 6.94%
7 6 8.33%
8 18 25.00%
9 10 13.89%
10 18 25.00%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:50 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times

Advertisements

He sucks, but they all suck in their first year. He'll get coached up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 06:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
What do you think? On a scale of 1-10 I would say 6. I think it will take time for Romo to be a good announcer.
too early to tell...caught a few minutes of his broadcast on Redzone and he's different....sounds like a kid in the broadcast booth enjoying the game - very different than Nantz.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:25 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
I like him, very refreshing and fun. I'll take Gruden, Romo, Rex, Aiken...the rest of them are boring. Bring back the days of Madden, Griffin, Cosell, Meredith, those dudes were great. Nance is awesome golf commentator, the best, but football???

Old 09-24-2017, 07:46 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
I haven't had the opportunity to hear him yet.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:57 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
I was good with his game today with the packers game. A little too much predicting the plays but better than a lot of the other guys.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:23 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
I finally heard him as well. I like his enthusiasm. He's enjoying the game and obviously loves football. That's fun and easy to listen to. He doesn't make endless dumb jokes like a lot of them which is refreshing. It's not a night at the comedy zone after all. Does he walk over Nance some? Yes but Nance is dull as dirt. He needs talking over at times. I think he's going to do well. (I already enjoy him more than Simms, and I'm one of the few that was okay with Simms).

Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
One thing I've realized listening to him over the last two weeks? That Mofo, gets the game of football. I'm talking beyond the typical X's and O's. I love the way he sees things developing as they happen and predicts plays like 95% correct. You see one aspect of what made him such a great QB, his head was in the game. He knows literally everything going on out there and it's refreshing to hear this during a game, rather that just the same old boring commentary. I've followed football all my life since a young child and I've learned several new things about the game just the last two weeks watching him. His analogy last week about Belichick throwing a few plays to throw off the opposing team future review of tape was brilliant.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I finally heard him as well. I like his enthusiasm. He's enjoying the game and obviously loves football. That's fun and easy to listen to. He doesn't make endless dumb jokes like a lot of them which is refreshing. It's not a night at the comedy zone after all. Does he walk over Nance some? Yes but Nance is dull as dirt. He needs talking over at times. I think he's going to do well. (I already enjoy him more than Simms, and I'm one of the few that was okay with Simms).
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
One thing I've realized listening to him over the last two weeks? That Mofo, gets the game of football. I'm talking beyond the typical X's and O's. I love the way he sees things developing as they happen and predicts plays like 95% correct. You see one aspect of what made him such a great QB, his head was in the game. He knows literally everything going on out there and it's refreshing to hear this during a game, rather that just the same old boring commentary. I've followed football all my life since a young child and I've learned several new things about the game just the last two weeks watching him. His analogy last week about Belichick throwing a few plays to throw off the opposing team future review of tape was brilliant.
I agree with both of you about Romo.

People may not like him personally for different reasons, or they may be turned off by his unpolished, non-announcer mannerisms or voice. However, the guy knows the QB position and football, and he points out many things that we (the basic audience) might not catch as the game unfolds.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:46 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,137 times
Now that I'm actually paying attention to the announcers, I like Romo. He's refreshing. I fear he'll be bland & vanilla after this season though.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:58 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
I've listened to Romo for the Packers/Bengals game, and the 1st half of the game tonight.

He is refreshing and actually makes you WANT to listen to the guys in the booth.

Not surprising his knowledge but its great how he translates it before the play actually happens....

I give him a 9 out of 10.

i think he deserves a very high mark if you can be objective an seperate him from when he played football...some will be bias because they didn't like him as a QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football