U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 01:56 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times

Advertisements

I missed pretty much all of this game, but my question is this: Has Goff really made that leap from someone that couldn't throw 10 yards last year, or was Jeff Fisher just totally lost?? I have a feeling it's probably more Fisher than Goff making a leap (remember Fisher made Todd Gurley completely ineffective last year), but if you are a Rams fan you have got to like what you are seeing so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 02:33 PM

23,638 posts, read 33,429,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I missed pretty much all of this game, but my question is this: Has Goff really made that leap from someone that couldn't throw 10 yards last year, or was Jeff Fisher just totally lost?? I have a feeling it's probably more Fisher than Goff making a leap (remember Fisher made Todd Gurley completely ineffective last year), but if you are a Rams fan you have got to like what you are seeing so far.
They should have left Fishers carcass in St. Louis in the first place. But I think you have to give credit to McVay. What he did with Kirk Cousins bailed the Redskins out of the RGIII megafail. I think he helped Goff get his confidence rebuilt.

The Rams have a great opportunity to control the NFL West with the Cardinals and Seahawks looking suspect.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:10 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,490,735 times
Quote:
Last week: 12-4
Overall: 21-10

Thursday
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers. The Rams are a slightly better team, plus they'd like to rebound from the 0-2 against the Niners from last year, but not confident in this pick at all, as something in my mind is telling me to pick the Niners because that will be the team that ends up winning.

Sunday
Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars (early) across the pond. Why are we going to London in week 3??

As usual, will get the rest in later on in the weekend.
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills. In Simien Broncos fans trust??
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers. Panthers have looked terrible, plus with Olsen out I think they would be in trouble against someone else, but they should have fun against the Saints matador defense.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears. Bears may play them close for a bit, but the talented Steelers will put down the toothless Bears sometime in the 2nd half.
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions. In Stafford & Caldwell we now trust??
Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts. Yup. The Colts without Luck are THIS bad that the Browns are a freaking road favorite! Sure, the Colts may end up winning, but as Vegas notes, the Browns are the smart play.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings. Case Keenum will not be smoking a Winston.
Houston Texans at New England Patriots. This could be getting ugly early.
Miami Dolphins at New York Jets. I actually think the Jets may be leading at half or even after 3, but the Dolphins have talent and that talent will win out in the 4th.
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles. My "upset" pick of the week. You throw records out the window in the NFC East derbies. Giants offense has been atrocious through 2 weeks, but they know this week is their season as if you start 0-3 you can pretty much pack it in. Defense is still legit even with that atrocious offense, they may have to win it for them.
Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans. Something is brewing in the Seahawks clubhouse.....and what it is, is not good!
Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers. Packers should crush them, but that's football. Watch Dalton come out and play a flawless game as the Packers lose by 2 touchdowns. Think this will be closer than people think, but the cheeseheads at home.
Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers. Another game that will be closer than people think. Chiefs win close games, while the Chargers lose close games, and since I think this game will be close, guess which team I'm picking?? Hint: It is NOT the team who's field goal kicker cost them 2 winnable games! Chiefs
Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins. I'm not sure you can call this an "upset" even with the Raiders favored. I think the Redskins win a close one.

Monday
Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals. Cardinals in their home opener fly to victory.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:44 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,958,966 times
Thursday
Los Angeles Rams. WON

Sunday
Baltimore Ravens
Denver Broncos
Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Detroit
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay Packers
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

Monday
Dallas Cowboys

Old 09-23-2017, 07:41 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,370,127 times
Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars (early) across the pond
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans at New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins at New York Jets
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans
Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers
Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers
Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins

Monday
Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals

Old 09-23-2017, 10:42 PM

9,417 posts, read 17,391,848 times
Thursday
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers (picked earlier)

Sunday
Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers

Monday

Old 09-24-2017, 07:22 AM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
Season 16 - 15

LAR
- S.F.

BLT - JAX

CLV - IND
DNV - BUF
HOU - N.E.
MIA - NYJ
ATL - DET
N.O. - CAR
NYG - PHL
PTS - CHI
T.B. - MIN

SEA - TEN

CIN - G.B.
K.C. - LAC

OAK - WSH

DLS - ARZ

Last edited by Ghengis; 09-24-2017 at 07:34 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 08:25 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,957 times
Doh! Forgot to get my Ravens vs. Jags pick in. Had I picked it I would have taken the Ravens anyway though who are currently down 13-0. Hopefully that score stands. If it does I'll just count it as an L

Sunday
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills My gut tells me too take Buffalo in an ugly one. But my gut was already wrong on Thursday night.
New Orleans Saints at Carolina PanthersCarolina is giving up 3.0ppg this season

Monday

Old 09-24-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers. Panthers have looked terrible, plus with Olsen out I think they would be in trouble against someone else, but they should have fun against the Saints matador defense.
They've looked questionable on offense but that defense has been outstanding. They've given up only 3 points in each of their two games this year. Against questionable offenses yes, but then again, the 49ers did just put up 39 points in their last game.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:36 AM

With five minutes to go in the first half the Ravens have 3 total yards on offense. Holy cow!. And I thought the Bills offense was the worst I had scene last week. I think they at least had like 35 or 40 yards in the first half against Carolina. Jags going up 20-0 now as I type this.

Side note: Any other Pennywise fans here? I love that they play Bro Hymn at the Wembly stadium after Jags TDs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football