U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:43 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,977,230 times

Advertisements

2017 WEEK 3 schedule
Have fun and good luck

Thursday
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers

Sunday
Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars (early) across the pond
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers
Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings
Houston Texans at New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins at New York Jets
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans
Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers
Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers
Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins

Monday
Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 11:19 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,938,675 times
11-5 last week
22-9 on the season

Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 09-19-2017, 11:28 AM

4,324 posts, read 2,261,580 times
Rams
Ravens
Broncos
Panthers
Steelers
Lions
Browns
Vikings
Patriots
Dolphins
Giants
Titans
Packers
Chiefs
Raiders
Cowboys

Old 09-19-2017, 11:46 AM

3,241 posts, read 1,605,623 times

10-6 last week and 22-9 for the season

Old 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,977,230 times
21-10 after a better week 2
Thoughts going into this week:
Rum is not good for Cats. Sure they may like it, and drink more of it when served to them, in say, a sports kennel, but the result is when the cat then wanders home and falls asleep in front of the TV he misses his favorite team beating some team he really does not like. So this weekend, NO RUM
Second, I guess my predictions are blown on the NFC East. I realize that it is early, but the Giants look more like midgets (aka dwarfs, little people) than division champions.....although someone could win this division with a 9-7 record and it could well be the Eagles.
ZEKE Elliot should have taken his suspension and saved himself and his team the shame of what he did on the field. Or rather what he DID NOT do....play like a first round pick. Too many teams have figured out the Cowboys simple basic system, and are ready for this season. Too bad the owner and the coach still have not figured out what they are doing.....
On the East Coast......
The Jets look like a team with no direction. ...

And the Bengals, having talent but no touchdowns? Not that things will be any easier this week in Lambeau field, the Pack has a few issues too. But the Power Rankings still have the JETS sitting at the very lowest spot. Hopefully that will not change after this week.

RAMS at 49ers That first weeks game on Thursday was great, last weeks was like watching peewee football, this one will be like watching trash burn in a dumpster. Maybe a good night to have some whiskey and soda?

RAVENS at Jaguars (early) across the pond Don't get me started on ditching the London games. I am all for playing the season here at home. Goodell has some nerve sending players to a city with such a high terror alert. Kind of like going into Oakland wearing a Broncos jersey.
Big Joe Flacco has looked good this year, and even in London he will impress. Sadly, the Jags have lost their best WR and this is hurting.

BRONCOS at Bill's Buffalos The Broncos were not supposed to be this good....but they are. The Buffalos are not that good sadly, this will be another win for the Horses

Saints at PANTHERS Seriously, neither team is showing brilliance so far. The CATS beat two not great teams, while the Saints lost to 2 good ones. This could go any way but I will take the BLACK CATS at home

STEELERS at Bears I had predicted that the Bears would be bad and the Steelers good...that much I got right.
[b]
Falcons at LIONS Upset special? Maybe but the Falcs are the number one power ranked team on ESPN this week, but on the road, agasint a solid Lions, look for the great Cats to eek out a win in a close game

BROWNS at Colts Colts will be without any luck again this week. And without any defense or hope. The Browns should get their first win on the season

BUCCANEERS at Vikings Bradford has to play if the Norsemen want any chance to stop the Pirate's attack. The Bucs looked ARRRRRRRRR good last week.

Texans at PATRIOTS Look for Brady and company to just stomp all over them. I expect either a huge win for the Patriots OR a huge loss for the Texans.

MY FINZ at Jets This type of game scares me because the cellar dwelling Jets can move the ball, unlike that striped cat team, but a number of fellow FINZ FANS have talked me out of worry and said that the team will prevail.

Giants at EAGLES Eagles can FLY HIGH into First place all alone in the NFC east.

Seahawks at TITANS only giving this to the home team because the Seahawks have not impressed so much so far, and the Titans are getting it together

Bengals at PACKERS Of course, if I DID decide to spend Sunday drinking, I could be nice and invite the BENGALS over...I am sure that they are not going to be doing anything this Sunday.

CHIEFS
at Los Angeles Chargers Chiefs number one on NFL power ranking website

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
================================================
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH

RAIDERS at Redskins The Silver and Black attack rolls into the Nation's Capital on their way to fame and fortune

COWBOYS at Cardinals Honestly not sure which versions of these teams will show up for the game. So I have no idea who to pick. The Clownboys are faves so I will take them I guess.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:49 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,553,483 times
Rams @ 49ers
Ravens @ Jaguars
Browns @ Colts
Giants @ Eagles
Dolphins
@ Jets
Broncos @ Bills
Saints @ Panthers
Steelers
@ Bears
Falcons @ Lions
Buccaneers @ Vikings
Texans @ Patriots
Seahawks @ Titans
Bengals @ Packers
Chiefs
@ Chargers
Raiders @ Redskins
Cowboys @ Cardinals

11-5, Season 20-11

Old 09-19-2017, 02:29 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,959,340 times
Last week: 11-5
Season: 18-13

Los Angeles Rams (1-1) at San Francisco 49ers (0-2)

Baltimore Ravens (2-0) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1)

Cleveland Browns (0-2) at Indianapolis Colts (0-2)

This is an uneventful game of the week. The Browns are perpetual losers. The Colts are coached by loser Chuck Pagano, will be without quarterback Andrew Luck, and have a dismal roster.

New York Giants (0-2) at Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at New York Jets (0-2)

Denver Broncos (2-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-1)

New Orleans Saints (0-2) at Carolina Panthers (2-0)

Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) at Chicago Bears (0-2)

Atlanta Falcons (2-0) at Detroit Lions (2-0)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) at Minnesota Vikings (1-1)

Two overrated quarterbacks in the National Football League compete for the toilet bowl.

Houston Texans (1-1) at New England Patriots (1-1)

Seattle Seahawks (1-1) at Tennessee Titans (1-1)

Cincinnati Bengals (0-2) at Green Bay Packers (1-1)

The Bengals bring the Marvin Lewis farewell tour to Green Bay, Wisconsin, for another loss.

The Packers need their heads examined. Dom Capers remains their defensive coordinator. Their defense sucked against the Falcons. A change in defensive coordination is overdue.

Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) at Los Angeles Chargers (0-2)

Oakland Raiders (2-0) at Washington Redskins (1-1)

Dallas Cowboys (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 09-19-2017 at 02:46 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 03:08 PM

434 posts, read 249,785 times
Went 12-4 last week and am 23-8 so far this year.

Los Angeles Rams
at San Francisco 49ers
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions (at least I hope so!)

Old 09-19-2017, 04:59 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,058,662 times
Overall Record: 21-10

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers-If my Niners are going to get a win this season, this would be their best chance. If there's such a thing as a moral victory, it would be the Week 2 loss at Seattle in which they hung with the Seahawks until the end and only lost 12-9. They've always played divisional opponents tough, they're on a short week when anything can happen, and they swept the Rams last season for their only 2 wins of the season. They own the Rams. Of course I'm 0-2 so far on picking Thursday Night games, so what do I know?

Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars-Oh great the London games start! Nothing like breakfast football. They seriously need to scrap this series. At least Mexico City gets the Patriots vs Raiders this year. The poor Londoners have to watch this game, Saints vs Dolphins, Cardinals vs Rams, and Vikings vs Browns. What bullocks! One of my picking rules is to always take the Jags in the London games. They've won their last 2 and this will be their 5th year participating. This is basically their Super Bowl. Blake Bortles will save his job with a brilliant performance. I'm not so sure the Ravens stellar defense will translate in other continent.

Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills-I'm officially jumping on the Trevor Siemian bandwagon and believe he can eke out a victory at the Ralph. If the Bills could only put up 3 against Carolina, I can't imagine them faring much better against the Broncos tough defense.

New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers-This is such a coin toss and I keep going back and forth. I find it hard to believe that Brees and the Saints will go 0-3, but I will take Carolina's poor offense against the Saints matador defense in a shootout just because the Panthers are at home and have more weapons on both sides on the ball.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears-Steelers have won 9 regular season games in a row dating back to last season. Da Bears are competing for biggest dumpster fire in the NFL. It will be closer than it should be, but the Killer B's will escape with another win.

Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions-IMO this is the game of the week since it's the only matchup in which both teams are undefeated. I think Stafford will outduel Ryan in the Battle of Matts. Whoever has the ball last wins and that's usually the $135 million dollar man.

Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts-I think the Browns are a better team than the Colts at this point, but they're still the Browns and will find a way to blow this opportunity for a victory.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings-Either Sam Bradford or Case Keenum will smoke a Winston. I like the Viqueens chances of smoking a Winston a lot better if Bradford is under center.

Houston Texans at New England Patriots-Now that the Patriots got that loss out of the way in Week 1, we can safely pick them every week for the rest of the season.

Miami Dolphins at New York Jets-This is my throwaway pick of the week. I have no clue why I'm taking the Jets here. It's just a gut feeling. It is their home opener and I feel like Cutler is going to have a bad game.

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles-With the Giants offense still on life support, I'll take the Eagles as they cruise to the NFC East crown this season. You've gotta be able to put points on the board against Wentzylvania and the Giants are allergic to breaking planes so far this season (and they're not the only team).

Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans-Seahawks are looking awful so far this year and were bad last year despite making it to the playoffs. They're on the decline. I remember the Titans used to be the worst team in football, but the Fighting Mariotas are now an up-and-coming team with the AFC South for the taking with the Texans, Jags, and Colts all looking extremely weak.

Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers-Aaron Rodgers finally gets that win against Cincy. Yes, the Packers receiving core is depleted, but you could throw Rodgers out there with 4 guys from a local YMCA flag football league and that would be enough firepower to crush the touchdownless Bengals.

Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers-Will the Chargers make a game out of this? Absolutely. Will they find a way to blow it? Absolutely. And the Chiefs keep quietly going about the business of winning football games.

Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins-Raiders are an excellent road team and going across country to beat decent opponents is what they do regularly. Redskins usually don't beat good opponents. They typically only feast on bad teams.

Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals-This is another wishful thinking pick. Hey, it worked last week. I hope the Cards pull this out just so I can get the "sky has fallen" reaction from Jerry Jones and Cowboys fans. A loss to the lowly Cards on Monday Night Football would be a rock bottom for them.

Last edited by maniac77; 09-19-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 09-19-2017, 08:37 PM

634 posts, read 470,947 times
Baltimore Ravensat Jacksonville Jaguars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football