U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 03:58 PM

604 posts, read 366,882 times

Advertisements

After watching the NFL since the mid 1960s I gave it up for free Sundays. The drug addicted, drunk driving, illegal gun carrying, baby momma slapping, anthem hating, finger flipping activist pushing idiots aren't worth my time. They miss me as much as I miss them. Not at all.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:46 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,479,946 times
Nice takedown of Kaepernick and his movement here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRdRhsuNok

Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,297,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
After watching the NFL since the mid 1960s I gave it up for free Sundays. The drug addicted, drunk driving, illegal gun carrying, baby momma slapping, anthem hating, finger flipping activist pushing idiots aren't worth my time. They miss me as much as I miss them. Not at all.
Damn that is worth 10 reps.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 AM

2,782 posts, read 2,383,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Bill Burr strikes the nail squarely upon the head.

Can we please just be able to watch a game for a few hours without having to hear about some loathsome disease, social problem, or natural disaster?
Also get rid of the hyper-patriotism in the NFL. I agree with Bill Maher. "You know what I don’t like about sport events? I don’t like the big celebration of militarism — the flyovers of the jets and all that [expletive]. I’m just trying to watch a game, I don’t want to be reminded of all that.”

Do we really need a flag the size of a football field or the obsession with honoring troops? Seems like every game is honor the troops game.

I suppose those who say to the flag protestors to - "leave the country if you don't like it" because the national anthem is our heritage, won't take it well when activism month is here & they're told to leave the country if they don't like it (activism month), because our country has a strong history of activism.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 AM

4,310 posts, read 1,869,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Also get rid of the hyper-patriotism in the NFL. I agree with Bill Maher. "You know what I don’t like about sport events? I don’t like the big celebration of militarism — the flyovers of the jets and all that [expletive]. I’m just trying to watch a game, I don’t want to be reminded of all that.”

Do we really need a flag the size of a football field or the obsession with honoring troops? Seems like every game is honor the troops game.

I suppose those who say to the flag protestors to - "leave the country if you don't like it" because the national anthem is our heritage, won't take it well when activism month is here & they're told to leave the country if they don't like it (activism month), because our country has a strong history of activism.
Great points. Especially when it was discovered that the NFL and it's teams were charging the military to be honored.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:55 PM

1,894 posts, read 3,148,847 times
I miss the days when sports were an oasis away from politics. Why can't we have just ONE damn area of life that is free from politics? Why do sports have to be the new area for people to express their political opinions? Can't they do that in the off season in some other manner?

I remember when sports were something that bought races together. When you were cheering your team in a sports bar or at a game, you had a common ground with other races. It was one of the few things that really bought races together.

But now...oh boy...with the turning down of white house invitations, kneeling at the anthems, trash talking by players of politicians. This will not end very well. I think teams and players are going to alienate their fans and divide their fan base. Not good.

What would have happened if say Tom Brady turned down Obama white house invitation because he didn't like his politics? The liberal media would have went freaking nuts on Brady!

Leave politics out of sports! And leave it off ESPN! We have enough freaking media propaganda on nearly every TV channel and web site being crammed into our brains...WTF do we need to see it on ESPN too????

Old 09-23-2017, 08:05 PM

4,649 posts, read 3,631,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
I'm unplugging the NFL...and the NBA.

You know it was getting bad when the ''Don't Beat Women'' commercials started running during NFL games...now this Colon Kaepernick, himself a product of a ''white privilege'' life and community, grows a 1969 Angela Davis afro and suddenly becomes an ''activist'' on his employer's dime.

Last edited by Kamms; 09-23-2017 at 08:38 PM..

Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 PM

14,636 posts, read 22,481,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Oh for the love of God......one more reason to not continue to support the NFL by not watching.

A group of four players sent the NFL a memo in August requesting league support and asking for a month to be dedicated to social activism, not long after commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly had talked to several players regarding their game-day activism efforts.

NFL players want month dedicated to activism
The NFL should dedicate the months of March, April, May, June, July and August to Activism Month.

Teams like the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Los Angeles Rams, and the San Francisco 49ers could add January and February to the list.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:56 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,297,115 times
Trump opened a can of worms. Tampa Bay is a military town - the team has always shown the deepest respect toward the military and first responders/police/fire/etc......thanks to Trump, this is going to get ugly. You'll see more take a knee today.

Trump fallout: Bucs' DeSean Jackson to make 'statement' Sunday | Tampa Bay Times

Old 09-24-2017, 06:06 AM

757 posts, read 613,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Also get rid of the hyper-patriotism in the NFL. I agree with Bill Maher. "You know what I donít like about sport events? I donít like the big celebration of militarism ó the flyovers of the jets and all that [expletive]. Iím just trying to watch a game, I donít want to be reminded of all that.Ē

I agree with you.
But I don't want to see politics or activists in sports. NOBODY is watching a game to see a player kneel down or protest at their job. Do a special on ESPN or at halftime.
Like the woman said, do something about people living today, than only when they die.

I fail to see how protesting with a 2-minute kneel will change anything in how the police operate. Hiring some lawyers and convincing local congresspersons, senators, and governors to change the laws and throw out the excuse policemen use, "for fear of my life" to kill someone is a better strategy.

Oh...and Trump said yet another stupid thing, that NFL players should be fired for kneeling. Now a lot more players and maybe even fans will kneel down. Then DT rescinded a white house invitation for Steph Curry. For Steph!!! Trump has got to go. ADD, mentally unstable, unfit and so many more. I hope he does not finish his term and comes to his senses and fires himself. No way the guy gets re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or