U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 06:22 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm not going to let ignorant people dissuade me from being patriotic and loving my country. I hope it doesn't give you a bad taste. I'm going to focus on all the great things our country has done and is doing. Of course there is so much room for improvement (ie social inequality). I am discouraged though, like you, that there are so many Americans who'll pretend that social inequality doesn't exist.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 AM

6,399 posts, read 4,174,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Its not just protests dragging down NFL ratings. Of course that is the lighting rod issue people will flock to. But the NFL is dealing with an aging fan base that is not being replaced as quickly with younger fans. The younger generation is simply not as into football as the current one. And they definitely aren't sitting for 3 hours in front of a TV to consume it. Their are a variety of reasons for that. But the youth's perception of the game is changing very quickly. And not for the better.

Middle aged fans with an ax to grind will blame it on protests. But this was coming long before players started kneeling for the National Anthem. And seeing NFL owners support players in their rift with Trump tells you all you need to know. Do the owners really care? Of course not. But they recognize they have a real problem. Old guys may get a charge out of hearing Trump's comments. But owners realize the younger fan base they fighting to connect to don't feel the same way. And that's their future.

The NFL won't collapse. But its steadily losing ground.
If you really look closely at the younger Football viewers they are sitting there with the TV on, typing away on their cell phones oblivious to what is going on in the game. The game is a good excuse to be able to sit down while they type.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:12 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,289,711 times
The football players are protesting police brutality and inequality that black, minorities and illegal aliens face in the USA. LOL..

As a minority that was not born in the USA, i have taken advantage of all the opportunities that the USA has given me. I worked for it it was not given to me. I also made sure that negative energy and people never stayed too long near me.

My motto in life is never expect anything from anyone and you will never be disappointed. Taking a knee will not resolve the issues in the black community. White people can't resolve the issues in the black community. Black people need to solve the issues in the black community.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 AM

6,399 posts, read 4,174,894 times
I was initially disturbed by the fact that (last year's) kneeling incident was disrespecting the Flag and the Anthem and as a result, the Nation. I could not understand how he could get away with flouting a NFL rule for a protest, no matter what it was for, that had nothing to do with game, and get away with it. I though it was especially stupid for him to do it because he was not even an average level QB, and the team could easily have fined him, fired him, whatever, with little to no effect on the team's outcome.

Had this been nipped in the bud at that time, the NFL would not be wondering if they will be around in a few years. Now, the pendulum has swung even further, with the owners capitulating to the players in the name of harmony among the players. Meanwhile, a significant number of fans are giving up on the NFL.

There is only one way in my mind that this can end in a positive note. The owners and Goodell need to come together and make their rules stand and take action against players that do not comply to their dictates. They are the employers and the players are the employees. The fans understand the relationship. It's high time the players learn it too. If they don't they can face lower salaries if they have any at all.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:50 AM

3,174 posts, read 4,637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The football players are protesting police brutality and inequality that black, minorities and illegal aliens face in the USA. LOL..

As a minority that was not born in the USA, i have taken advantage of all the opportunities that the USA has given me. I worked for it it was not given to me. I also made sure that negative energy and people never stayed too long near me.

My motto in life is never expect anything from anyone and you will never be disappointed. Taking a knee will not resolve the issues in the black community. White people can't resolve the issues in the black community. Black people need to solve the issues in the black community.

Well said.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:19 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,826,606 times
This article came out before Sunday. Scroll through to see the empty seats in Cali.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game in a half-empty stadium - Business Insider

Old 09-26-2017, 08:29 AM

1,560 posts, read 629,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

Thank you for being courageous enough to speak the truth which goes against what the outspoken PC bullies want people to believe.

Glad to hear of your success as well.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,564,600 times
Read this the other day...

Quote:
"The real issue oughtn't be the kneel or non kneel, but whether there is a degree of institutional abuse perpetrated against minorities. That's a pretty important discussion to have whether we are talking about disparities in sentencing length, arrests, use of force, etc. And if there is an institutional problem or if there is an institutional willingness to turn a blind eye when it happens then the question is what can we do to remedy this illness in the body American."

Old 09-26-2017, 08:42 AM

23,631 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
This article came out before Sunday. Scroll through to see the empty seats in Cali.

The NFL is getting hammered after another game in a half-empty stadium - Business Insider
I would not use California teams as a barometer for attendance issues personally speaking. Explanations for each CA team

Rams - their stadium experience is not optimized for the NFL, poor records quelled interest in them.

Chargers - see Rams and add in POed San Diego fan base not traveling to LA for games

49ers - terrible records and extended distance for most their fan base to travel

Raiders- fans turned off by decision to move to Las Vegas

Old 09-26-2017, 08:51 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,826,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I would not use California teams as a barometer for attendance issues personally speaking. Explanations for each CA team

Rams - their stadium experience is not optimized for the NFL, poor records quelled interest in them.

Chargers - see Rams and add in POed San Diego fan base not traveling to LA for games

49ers - terrible records and extended distance for most their fan base to travel

Raiders- fans turned off by decision to move to Las Vegas
The NFL has been losing fans for multiple reasons and the events from this weekend won't help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football