U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:53 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,023,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Likewise. I hear all about the big problems in this country and around the world from Monday through Friday, so I prefer to decompress from that when I watch football, but apparently I can't even do that anymore, at least on Sunday. A simple desire to enjoy sports apolitically doesn't suddenly make me unaware of the world's problems, so I would much appreciate it if the NFL and its employees don't shove it all down my throat again on Sunday. I understand that the players and coaches are human beings with political views, but it doesn't mean that they have to share them with God and everybody. Furthermore, it's perfectly possible for players to "engage" their fans without delving into politics. They can talk about music, movies, video games, travel, charity efforts, etc. They can upload video of their exercise routines, or pictures of what they had for dinner. But the moment a player gets political, he's going to alienate half of his fans, one way or the other. As for the protests themselves, if Jim Brown, the original NFL-player-turned-activist, says that you're doing it wrong, then you're probably doing it wrong.
I think that what this all boils down to - these "we need to heal as a country" "white people need to acknowledge their privilege" dog whistle propaganda slogans - I think when we really, REALLY boil it down...what it all comes down to, is blacks want REPARATIONS.

I don' think it is anything less than that. That is the "healing" they are misleading about. Of course after they got that the next step would be eliminate every sort of thing to do with the Founders (slave owners) from this country's history and on and on.

At least that's how I see it.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:02 AM

8,092 posts, read 5,300,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I think that what this all boils down to - these "we need to heal as a country" "white people need to acknowledge their privilege" dog whistle propaganda slogans - I think when we really, REALLY boil it down...what it all comes down to, is blacks want REPARATIONS.

I don' think it is anything less than that. That is the "healing" they are misleading about. Of course after they got that the next step would be eliminate every sort of thing to do with the Founders (slave owners) from this country's history and on and on.

At least that's how I see it.
When you have a free moment you should watch this interview. At one point, the interviewer ask "what is it you want from white people?" The 2 kids had no idea how to respond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq_MZEECq68

MOD COMMENT---As usually with threads like this, it does not take long for things to go off topic on a testy subject--and the NFL is a testy subject. The above youtubes prove my point regarding the thread title. I'll close this thread.

The thread that is going on for the season is a *sticky*---"Pro Football Is Dead To Me." It includes everything NFL related that is causing problems. It most likely will last the season, at least.

Thread closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-27-2017 at 04:17 PM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football