U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 02:18 PM

5,758 posts, read 4,387,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Actually he is saying "no hair outside the helmet". And he is suggesting that players with hair outside their helmet look like gangbangers. Maybe it's just me but I've never considered a players hairstyle into whether or not I like or dislike them and whether I perceive them as a gangbanger. Plenty of players have both tattoos and long hair and are the furthest thing from gangbangers. Both black and white. Heck even the golden boy Tom Brady has "hair outside his helmet" at one point.
FAIR enough but what the hell does any of that have to do with RACISM? NOTHING! That's the point.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:26 PM

4,588 posts, read 2,005,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
FAIR enough but what the hell does any of that have to do with RACISM? NOTHING! That's the point.
Fair enough as well. Maybe I missed judged the original posters intent.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:17 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,989,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
To confirm what idiots these NFL players are, they kneel in London during our National Anthem but stand for ''God Save the Queen''.
They're dissatisfied w/ the way OUR country treats minorities. Britain isn't at issue. Try to keep up with what's going on.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:30 PM

3,750 posts, read 3,996,390 times
I hope all of these people boycotting the NFL over some players doing a silent protest also call out those around them while attending a sporting event when people don't stand, don't remove their hats, are talking, looking at their phones, etc. during the national anthem.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:44 PM

5,758 posts, read 4,387,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I hope all of these people boycotting the NFL over some players doing a silent protest also call out those around them while attending a sporting event when people don't stand, don't remove their hats, are talking, looking at their phones, etc. during the national anthem.
Good point, because you see that in droves at every event. Most of the time, they are simply NOT paying attention.. still, inexcusable.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:43 PM

6,718 posts, read 19,067,371 times
With only two games into the season TV viewing and attendance at games are both down compared to last season.
Colin K has not been signed even as a backup (2 nd stringer).
Invisible writing is on the wall....time will tell.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 PM

24,326 posts, read 34,364,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
To confirm what idiots these NFL players are, they kneel in London during our National Anthem but stand for ''God Save the Queen''.

Ah, yes, England, with its history of worldwide oppression and being the country and monarchy that brought slavery to the America. England, the country that left the U.S. and the world all sorts of issues we need to clean-up.

This just shows that these players are dumb, naïve, and disingenuous with this ''protest'' nonsense.

Unplug the NFL (and NBA) now. Wait until these owners start taking a financial hit; wait until NBA Commissioner Adam Silver takes a $5.00 hit to his wallet.
England left the UN not the US, google Brexit.

5 people have been killed by police in Britain in 2017 (4 of them being confirmed terrorists.)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/410392...tings-uk-2017/

883 people have been killed by police in the US in 2017

Killed By Police - 2017

I know which one I'd have more respect for.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,989,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I was in the livingroom of two people whining and bad mouthing the players while they themselves are reclined back in their recliner.....I made sure to point out that they failed to stand up themselves...LOL.

Pretty hypocritical, isn't it?

Old 09-24-2017, 06:02 PM

6,718 posts, read 19,067,371 times
When in the Military inside your barracks/qtrs you do not stand on hearing the National Anthem or Taps being heard as I recall (been a while).
They were right staying in their recliner since everything was on the boob tube.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:01 PM

4,822 posts, read 3,786,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
They're dissatisfied w/ the way OUR country treats minorities. Britain isn't at issue. Try to keep up with what's going on.
Britian's not an issue? Britain created American racism and is rooted in the English monarchial history. These Americans respected the racist legacy of the Queen and all she represents while disrespecting their own country abroad. Try to keep with history.

Colon Kaepernick started this ''taking a knee'' movement for all oppressed people around the world. Try to keep up with what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football