U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 PM

1,560 posts, read 629,040 times

Advertisements

These players don't even know what they are protesting.

Are they protesting that police have killed violent drug dealers and criminals?

Are they protesting that whites are more likely than African Americans to be killed by police?

Are they protesting the media lied to them starting the "hands up don't shoot" fake story

Are they protesting the disproportionate number of African American abortions or fatherless families?

Are they protesting for the respectful treatment of women? (i doubt it!)

Are they protesting the fact that if an African American is murdered there is like an 85% chance it was a fellow African American who murdered him?

No.

They are just useful idiots allowing themselves to be used as pawns in the left's continued anti American agenda.

Perfect example, I'm a bills fan. Lesean McCoy took to Twitter to call trump "a a◊◊hole". If you want to make a fool of yourself on your own time, go for it. When you "protest" the anthem by rolling around and doing fake stretches during the anthem, well now you are the disrespectful face of a billion dollar franchise proudly flaunting an anti American message.

Pathetic.

Your on your employers time it's not the time to make a political statement at a sporting event let alone during the national anthem. Disrespectful, classless, tasteless embarrassing.

Making a spectacle of yourself in political protest while at work isn't protected by the first amendment.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:22 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Perfect example, I'm a bills fan. Lesean McCoy took to Twitter to call trump "a a◊◊hole". If you want to make a fool of yourself on your own time, go for it. When you "protest" the anthem by rolling around and doing fake stretches during the anthem, well now you are the disrespectful face of a billion dollar franchise proudly flaunting an anti American message.
I'm a Bills fan too but I'm all for McCoy stretching as much as possible. The more the better. He has a history of his hamstring tightening up on him. We need him on the field. As for all the other non-sense? It's just that and I can tune it out with the flip of a switch.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:36 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Lotta good/close games this week. Ratings must be judged on a yearly basis, not week to week ... that's just too short of a format.
Agreed.. i think that next week will see a drop in ratings but by then end of the year, they could return to norm.. but if there is an impact, i think we would see it next week..

Old 09-25-2017, 12:42 PM

3,828 posts, read 1,011,097 times
Quote:

They are just useful idiots allowing themselves to be used as pawns in the left's continued anti American agenda.

At the end of the day I think this is what it's all about.

I am pretty conservative (more than conservative, actually, and I won't get into that here), and I feel like the anthem played at every game is too much. However, it's part of the culture of sports in this country for better or worse. It is what it is.

That said, I think what you said is what it's all about.

It's nothing less than being pr-cks for the sake of being pr-cks.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:56 PM

6,416 posts, read 4,830,900 times
As a black male my opinion on this is the players are wasting their time. I understand what Kaepernick was trying to do. The relationship between law enforcement and American black males needs some work. Iím not sure kneeling during the national anthem fixes thing. Maybe Colin was on to something. White Americans seem to really love this American flag & national anthem of ours. I get the vibe sometimes white America feels that flag belongs to them and them only. Colin not respecting the flag\anthem seems to annoy white Americans the most than any other race in America. I wonder why that is? People say the anthem & flag is to honor the military and that players are disrespect them. Anyone that is angry about what the black players are doing. I would suggest talking with your wallet. Donít watch the games on TV. The Entire game. Donít attend the games. Donít go to sports bars that are showing NFL football. The NFL is supported mostly by white America, most black people cannot afford to attend these games in person. Most of the owners want to win because winning creates more money for them. They are not going to stop hiring black players because many of the good football players are black. I think many of the white people (TRUMP included) donít want to abandon football at all. Many just want these black players to be good little boys and just play football and be quiet about police murdering black males with no penalty. They want these players to be silent and just play. They have that right to want that. You are either going to support the NFL during protest or move your money and ad eyes elsewhere. Honestly I donít think the NFL is going anywhere. The Super Bowl is a huge part of American culture. Sunday football is an American tradition. So what are you going to do?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:58 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,200,766 times
Quote:
These players don't even know what they are protesting.
sure they do

Old 09-25-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
sure they do
What is it?

If it is police killing blacks, it's a false narrative on a number of levels.

More whites are killed by police; blacks killed by police (or security, like George Zimmerman, a Latino) are more likely to be killed by a non-white police officer that a white cop.

Furthermore, don't they care about all the blacks that are being murdered by their own black brothers? That issue is WAAAAAY more detrimental to blacks in America today. Don't they care about that?

Lastly, WHAT, exactly, is it that they want? Reparations? Jobs? 40 acres and a mule?

Their vagueness is profound.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
As a black male my opinion on this is the players are wasting their time. I understand what Kaepernick was trying to do. The relationship between law enforcement and American black males needs some work. Iím not sure kneeling during the national anthem fixes thing. Maybe Colin was on to something. White Americans seem to really love this American flag & national anthem of ours. I get the vibe sometimes white America feels that flag belongs to them and them only. Colin not respecting the flag\anthem seems to annoy white Americans the most than any other race in America. I wonder why that is? People say the anthem & flag is to honor the military and that players are disrespect them. Anyone that is angry about what the black players are doing. I would suggest talking with your wallet. Donít watch the games on TV. The Entire game. Donít attend the games. Donít go to sports bars that are showing NFL football. The NFL is supported mostly by white America, most black people cannot afford to attend these games in person. Most of the owners want to win because winning creates more money for them. They are not going to stop hiring black players because many of the good football players are black. I think many of the white people (TRUMP included) donít want to abandon football at all. Many just want these black players to be good little boys and just play football and be quiet about police murdering black males with no penalty. They want these players to be silent and just play. They have that right to want that. You are either going to support the NFL during protest or move your money and ad eyes elsewhere. Honestly I donít think the NFL is going anywhere. The Super Bowl is a huge part of American culture. Sunday football is an American tradition. So what are you going to do?
If the protesting players are protesting "White oppression" specifically or "white privilege" or whatever, I would kindly explain to them they are benefiting off of a WHITE INVENTION - football. It is a sport not only invented by white men but exclusively played by white players from its inception. Same with basketball and baseball (both white inventions).

In addition, how many tens of thousands of non-professional athletes have received a free college education because of athletic scholarship? The benefits they have reaped off these white inventions (basketball was a white invention, as was baseball) are so profound in that they go beyond monetary and have given tens of thousands of poor African Americans the best educations the world has to offer and therefore an even more profound road out of poverty.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:35 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,200,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
What is it?

If it is police killing blacks, it's a false narrative on a number of levels.

Whatever your view on their protest in inconsequential. It could be the dumbest reason, as long as it doesn't infringe on your rights as American citizen, I'll support their right to speak out as long as their employer doesn't object otherwise, do it on their own time when not representing the team's owner/team.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
sure they do
I think the bigger issue is many fans do NOT know what they are protesting! That's a problem for them. Its not clear cut what they are protesting so it comes off as they are simply protesting AMERICA.. because its the National Anthem that they are sitting out on.. I think we all knew what Kaep was protesting.. his girlfriend was a BIG BLM person so she got him to stage a protest.. I didn't mind what Kaep was doing because he was at least trying to shine a light on what he saw a big social injustice. I may not agree with it but i certainly did not begrudge him for it.. Now that issue seems to be watered down some and this new protest seems to be aimed at Trump and is more politically motivated. I think Trump was dumb to bring it up but i think the players are dumber for reacting...... I hate politics more than anything so when you bring politics into one of my favorite past times.. i am gonna get irritated.. keep it up and eventually i change the channel.

Its laughable when the players association and teams send out memes that our players is united while at the same time, includes pictures of the sidelines with some players standing and some kneeling... obviously they are NOT united.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football