Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 04:01 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times

Advertisements

I am noticing now that when watching a 4pm game, once halftime comes there are no highlights of the 1pm games. Years ago the studio guys would show highlights of what happened in the 1pm games but now it's just a quick highlight session of the other 4pm games and that's it. Then my local news comes on and then the game is back in sesssion. On top of that, I don't even know where to turn to for highlights of all the games played today after 7pm. This was something we NFL fans didn't have to worry about years ago but now it's like all you get is final scores of the earlier games and no highlights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 04:06 PM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I am noticing now that when watching a 4pm game, once halftime comes there are no highlights of the 1pm games. Years ago the studio guys would show highlights of what happened in the 1pm games but now it's just a quick highlight session of the other 4pm games and that's it. Then my local news comes on and then the game is back in session. On top of that, I don't even know where to turn to for highlights of all the games played today after 7pm. This was something we NFL fans didn't have to worry about years ago but now it's like all you get is final scores of the earlier games and no highlights.
With internet and YouTube and other online venues, television halftime show is obsolete. I haven't watched a pre-game, halftime or post-game show on television since at least 2012.

In fact, I don't even turn on the television until after kick-off so I don't have to hear or see any non-football related shenanigans on the sidelines or anywhere else off the field.

You can usually find highlights on YouTube quarter by quarter.

Last edited by bale002; 09-10-2017 at 04:20 PM..

Old 09-10-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
With internet and YouTube and other online venues, television halftime show is obsolete. I haven't watched a pre-game, halftime or post-game show on television since at least 2012.

In fact, I don't even turn on the television until after kick-off show I don't have to hear or see any non-football related shenanigans on the sidelines or anywhere else off the field.

You can usually find highlights on YouTube quarter by quarter.

I agree about the pregame shows because they are now useless. But when it comes to the halftime shows at 4pm there is never any highlights of the 1pm games. It was like 7 games played at 1pm and not one single highlight of any game. Seems like only the host should be seen at halftime now since there is no highlight segment.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM

9,362 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I agree about the pregame shows because they are now useless. But when it comes to the halftime shows at 4pm there is never any highlights of the 1pm games. It was like 7 games played at 1pm and not one single highlight of any game. Seems like only the host should be seen at halftime now since there is no highlight segment.
Unfortunately, television and advertising executives have decided that fake news and such sell better than halftime highlights.

The 4PM games are not over yet, and you can find right now on YouTube 6-8 minutes of highlights for each and every 1PM game, and probably quarter by quarter at the end of each quarter.

Television should be used like a paper towel or toilet paper.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Unfortunately, television and advertising executives have decided that fake news and such sell better than halftime highlights.

The 4PM games are not over yet, and you can find right now on YouTube 6-8 minutes of highlights for each and every 1PM game, and probably quarter by quarter at the end of each quarter.

Television should be used like a paper towel.

Just was better for me to eat my dinner and watch a highlight show at the end of the day. I don't have a way to connect the internet to my TV.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:22 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
I think some of it is because today's schedule is so crowded. Except for the Florida teams that got canceled because of Irma, every team plays, and there's barely enough time to give the scores and some highlights for the in progress games, but not enough time to do highlights of finished games.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I think some of it is because today's schedule is so crowded. Except for the Florida teams that got canceled because of Irma, every team plays, and there's barely enough time to give the scores and some highlights for the in progress games, but not enough time to do highlights of finished games.
Not full highlights I figure they can show one TD score for each 1pm game by the winning team.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
It's a product of the NFL getting massive TV contracts from both FOX and CBS. Those networks need to run as many ads as possible to make their money.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Fake news? Wtf are you talking about?

Old 09-11-2017, 03:35 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Fake news? Wtf are you talking about?
First time I have heard local news called fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football