U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Palm Beach County
1,683 posts, read 3,690,013 times
Reputation: 610

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
it's good that Rogers is calling on all the fans in the stadium (many of them owners) to lock arms as a show of solidarity with the players this Thursday, would expect many of their fans at home and in taverns across Wisconsin will all do the same
very unlikely. Rodgers was also a Bernie supporter but that didn't mean Packers fans lost their minds and voted for the mad socialist scientist just because Rodgers was.

Even a fan base as loyal as Packer fans are, are getting irritated that he's making this political.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2017, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
lol you'll take a knee for social injustice. You could always go out and try to make s difference if you're so concerned instead of watching multi millionaires play a children's game.

Did you care this much before kaepermick? Or did he show you the way?
Serious question.
I didn't care when 1 player or even 8 players silently demonstrated. I became incensed when the POTUS called the players' mother's bi*****, and said they shouldn't be allowed to silently protest and should be "fired'. This is the same guy who didn't support me when I was in the military fighting overseas OEF/OIF, the same guy who used 5 deferments to keep out of Vietnam while my father did two tours. 23 yr Army Vet here, and I'll be damned if this idiot tells my fellow Americans how they can and can't express their displeasure w/ social injustice.

Sports entertainment business is no place for the guy when there are pressing issues facing Americans right now to include N. Korea nukes.

Millionaires playing a child's game is a common complaint by the snowflakes - I'd like to see you play football for more than a couple of minutes without being carried off the field. And what does income have anything to do w/ one's right to protest? Jealous, it appears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2017, 06:17 PM
 
3,743 posts, read 1,806,463 times
Reputation: 3762
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
very unlikely. Rodgers was also a Bernie supporter but that didn't mean Packers fans lost their minds and voted for the mad socialist scientist just because Rodgers was.

Even a fan base as loyal as Packer fans are, are getting irritated that he's making this political.
Agree 100% with the last sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2017, 04:15 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,217,684 times
Reputation: 14611
https://www.facebook.com/CBSSports/v...5297671571773/

Villeneuva says that Vets like him fought to give protesters the right to take a knee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines
1,981 posts, read 2,584,515 times
Reputation: 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I didn't care when 1 player or even 8 players silently demonstrated. I became incensed when the POTUS called the players' mother's bi*****, and said they shouldn't be allowed to silently protest and should be "fired'. This is the same guy who didn't support me when I was in the military fighting overseas OEF/OIF, the same guy who used 5 deferments to keep out of Vietnam while my father did two tours. 23 yr Army Vet here, and I'll be damned if this idiot tells my fellow Americans how they can and can't express their displeasure w/ social injustice.

.
1) Those players call each other alot worse on a regular basis. They're just choosing to be offended now b/c they blindly hate Trump even tho many of them don't even know why. That's usually just an expression anyway that nobody takes personally in regard to their mother. And to be honest with the history of many of their mother's, it's only painful b/c the description is dead on in many instances. Often times they're mother's raised them under terrible conditions with little effort to improve life. Start with the story of Phillip Buchanan if you need an example. Chris Carter's mom had 7 kids by 25 with different dads. Explain to me why she thought that was a good idea.

2)I've been a soldier. It wasn't that great a time. I don't blame anyone who got deferments personally. If I had college money would've never joined. I signed that contract at a baby's age of 17 and thank god it didn't cost me getting me head blown off. We all signed for personal reasons. Very few did out of some sense of honor. You don't get a lifetime of sympathy and running off at the mouth for free just for being a veteran.

Last edited by jacktravern; 09-30-2017 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Missing sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2017, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,177 posts, read 11,791,368 times
Reputation: 32188
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
1) Those players call each other alot worse on a regular basis. They're just choosing to be offended now b/c they blindly hate Trump even tho many of them don't even know why. That's usually just an expression anyway that nobody takes personally in regard to their mother. And to be honest with the history of many of their mother's, it's only painful b/c the description is dead on in many instances. Often times they're mother's raised them under terrible conditions with little effort to improve life. Start with the story of Phillip Buchanan if you need an example. Chris Carter's mom had 7 kids by 25 with different dads. Explain to me why she thought that was a good idea.

2)I've been a soldier. It wasn't that great a time. I don't blame anyone who got deferments personally. If I had college money would've never joined. I signed that contract at a baby's age of 17 and thank god it didn't cost me getting me head blown off. We all signed for personal reasons. Very few did out of some sense of honor. You don't get a lifetime of sympathy and running off at the mouth for free just for being a veteran.
Sorry but the President of the United States should be held to a higher standard than "locker room talk" and personal denigration of players and their families. If you can't understand that, that's a very sad statement about what constitutes appropriate behavior in our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top