Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:42 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,405,361 times

Advertisements

The one Steeler player who stood for the anthem now has the best selling jersey in the kNeel FL. Good for him! Thank God there is still someone who's got some balls and can think for themselves independent of herd and mob behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 03:04 PM

731 posts, read 724,295 times
Good for him but after following the NY Giants since the mid-1960s I quit. People can continue to watch but I cannot. I'll stick to watching the golf and hockey.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:41 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
The one Steeler player who stood for the anthem now has the best selling jersey in the kNeel FL. Good for him! Thank God there is still someone who's got some balls and can think for themselves independent of herd and mob behavior.
They need to stock up on Villanueva's jerseys since they are burning all the other Steelers gear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULJ4...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxe...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWnWm62My-g

Old 09-25-2017, 10:11 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
These people who are burning their merchandise, I wish they would at least consider donating it instead. There are people out there who have very little in the way of clothes. Seriously for anyone out there considering lighting their stuff on fire, just donate it instead.

Not to mention, once this passes they are going to regret burning their $100 jerseys

Old 09-25-2017, 11:46 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
These people who are burning their merchandise, I wish they would at least consider donating it instead. There are people out there who have very little in the way of clothes. Seriously for anyone out there considering lighting their stuff on fire, just donate it instead.

Not to mention, once this passes they are going to regret burning their $100 jerseys
They rather make it all about them and get their 15 minutes of fame I guess. But that is a great point about donating.

I watched a few of the videos and the one crazy looking lady was donating some of the stuff to the homeless shelter and auctioning off other things for charity. So at least one of the former fans had enough brains to do something charitable.

Last edited by Bill the Butcher; 09-26-2017 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: .

Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post

----------

Sounds to me that it was unintentional.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alejandro-v...223017948.html

Alejandro Villanueva takes blame for standing by himself for anthem

“Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself, I feel embarrassed,” Villanueva said, according to the Twitter feed of Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

“Unfortunately I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally,” Villanueva said, according to KDKA-TV.

Last edited by BucFan; 09-26-2017 at 05:31 AM..

Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
I think he was doing what he thought was right for him to do, and probably disagreed with the protest. Now he is probably being forced to say it was unintentional. I was considering becoming a Steelers fan since they at least avoided the controversy, but I have to think about that. Unless the owners and commissioner get a handle on this and put a stop to it, I will have more free time to do something else on game day now.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:16 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Sales will go down, now that he has backed down, and decided supporting the Steelers and his Coach is more important than supporting his country.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Sales will go down, now that he has backed down, and decided supporting the Steelers and his Coach is more important than supporting his country.
Again, you believe what you want to believe. Wrap yourself up in the flag and pretend your the most patriotic American. You and Trump and his supporters are completely lost in the silent protest. These are American who love the country, love the military, do great things in their community. They are unhappy with POTUS, and most importantly social injustice for minorities in our country.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:40 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
More on what Villanueva said about the incident. He wanted to be true to his own beliefs but supports those who choose to protest as well.

Quote:
“I take no offense. I don’t think veterans at the end of the day take any offense. They actually signed up and fought so that somebody could take a knee and protest peacefully whatever it is that their hearts desire.”
In the end, Alejandro Villanueva’s beliefs were more complicated than many wanted to hear | For The Win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football