U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the kneeling controversy ruined football for you?
Yes - I am done, I no longer care 40 33.90%
Maybe -It makes me less likely to care but I will watch occasionally 27 22.88%
No - It makes no difference 51 43.22%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,192,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Trump is right.

If an athlete has a political position to present, then do it on his own time.

If an athlete has a political position to present, then do NOT do it during the National Anthem.

All those kneeling during the Anthem (white, black, hispanic, asian) are worthless pieces of c**p. They're dead to me.......as is the NFL.

College Football is as fun (& sometimes even more fun) to watch anyways.

Playing the race card (on every stinking issue) is so exhausting and juvenile. You guys keep shoving more and more people (who truly are in the middle of the road politically) over to the Republicans.
Trump needs to stick to our nation's biggest issues.

It's not his job to tell Americans when they can and can't speak up.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:48 AM

10,457 posts, read 5,917,794 times
For the life of me I will never understand being a big football fan for 40 years and then burning your season tickets over this issue. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Me? I wasn't a fan of what Kap did, and Michael Bennett IS a lying fool. Sack and TD dances don't bother me, hey it's hard to make a big play in the NFL so enjoy the moment.

But none of this will ever make me stop watching a game I love. For those who will stop watching over this, well seems pretty foolish to me.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:49 PM

3,738 posts, read 1,800,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
For the life of me I will never understand being a big football fan for 40 years and then burning your season tickets over this issue. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Me? I wasn't a fan of what Kap did, and Michael Bennett IS a lying fool. Sack and TD dances don't bother me, hey it's hard to make a big play in the NFL so enjoy the moment.

But none of this will ever make me stop watching a game I love. For those who will stop watching over this, well seems pretty foolish to me.
You’re only seeing half the picture. Football is 20-25 Sunday’s and a decent amount of time effort and money on top of that.

People SACRIFICE other things for football. Plenty of other activities out there. Just because someone gets fed up doesn’t mean they crawl under a rock and die.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:25 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You’re only seeing half the picture. Football is 20-25 Sunday’s and a decent amount of time effort and money on top of that.

People SACRIFICE other things for football. Plenty of other activities out there. Just because someone gets fed up doesn’t mean they crawl under a rock and die.
lmao, sacrifice. People sit on their couch and watch tv while getting fat.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:23 AM

Fans are coming back. Fu,L house in Tampa Bay last night. Unheard of for Bucs to fill stadiums.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:46 AM

oddly this topic has seemed to have died - shows the influence of the news cycle and people's attention span

Old 10-07-2017, 06:27 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,687,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
oddly this topic has seemed to have died - shows the influence of the news cycle and people's attention span
A.most football fans aren't a bunch of whiny liberals that like to keep talking politics on a football forum. There is a section of cd for politics since you clearly like to keep bringing this up it might be a good place for you.

B. As with most discussions with liberals the liberal side takes no responsibility and ignores any points or facts that are made that against their argument. No point in continuing a discussion like that.

C. if people really did stop watching football they probably stopped going to football forums as well.

D. Most players are back to standing and respecting America again.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,170,610 times
Quote:
Fans are coming back. Fu,L house in Tampa Bay last night. Unheard of for Bucs to fill stadiums.
There is a dynamic to nationally televised sports events like SNF, MNF and TNF where there is a significant number of people that can say they watched something on TV, while, since you live close by, you have the chance to say that you were actually there.

For example, I watched the Boston College/Miami Doug Flutie Hail Mary game on live TV. I had lived in both the Miami and the Boston areas prior to this game, so I had an interest in watching it. This was probably the most significant college football game in my lifetime, and I was lucky enough to watch it unfold live. I can proudly mention I watched it live whenever the topic comes up. If I had been in the stands that day, I would probably be making sure the topic comes up more often!

People like to go to sporting events because they are events that a lot of people like to talk about. Usually it only lasts a week, but, anytime a conversation about that event occurs and someone involved was at the game, they always point out they were there. That is the motivation for more people to attend something that gets more attention, even though people don't realize it. And that is why we have progressed from Sunday afternoon NFL to game nights on Monday, Thursday and Sunday, because the people who benefit financially from having full attendance at the games like it that way.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:19 AM

We have some racist fans among us here and at the stadium....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...during-anthem/

Old 10-07-2017, 11:43 AM

3,169 posts, read 4,634,265 times
Quote:
Before Trump mouthed off there were only 8 kneelers. Last weekend there were quadruple that...on one team
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/s...mp-anthem.html

Fact is as I've stated before, Trump had no business even commenting about this crap. Not his place and it did stir up the ingrates that actually think they're making some kind of statement that matters.

What Trump said was RIGHT. He just should have kept it to himself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football