U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the kneeling controversy ruined football for you?
Yes - I am done, I no longer care 40 33.90%
Maybe -It makes me less likely to care but I will watch occasionally 27 22.88%
No - It makes no difference 51 43.22%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 03:57 PM

1,685 posts, read 3,698,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
We have some racist fans among us here and at the stadium....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...during-anthem/

There are definitely some ignorant fans out there.

Do you ever find it odd or hypocritical how anti-trumpers will complain about racism but almost in the same breath spout off racist comments about Trump or "trump supporters"...

Old 10-08-2017, 03:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,302,089 times
Lightning forward J.T. Brown raises fist during national anthem | WTSP.com

..for those of you opting to go support the NHL instead

Old 10-08-2017, 11:11 AM

National anthem protests don't appear to be hurting NFL ticket sales | WTSP.com

Old 10-08-2017, 11:26 AM

Sports Illustrated
1 min
About 20 members of the San Francisco 49ers knelt during the national anthem.

-----
VP Pence left the stadium after seeing that.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/08/vi...ow_facebook_si

Old 10-08-2017, 02:02 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,338,850 times
It's so nice having a President and VP that respects our flag and the men and women who died for it. Obama would have cheered the kneelers had he been there.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:44 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,895,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's so nice having a President and VP that respects our flag and the men and women who died for it. Obama would have cheered the kneelers had he been there.
The same president who was a draft dodger, mocked John McCain a veteran, and mocked a gold star family - what a model for respect to our veterans and active duty servicemen and women.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:58 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,338,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The same president who was a draft dodger, mocked John McCain a veteran, and mocked a gold star family - what a model for respect to our veterans and active duty servicemen and women.
Oh, you voted for McCain when he ran against Obama? Or are you a liberal repeating left wing talking points? I'll guess #2.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:15 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,895,805 times
Quote:
Oh, you voted for McCain when he ran against Obama? Or are you a liberal repeating left wing talking points? I'll guess #2.
Who I voted for in 2008 does not matter. Talking about what some liberals say does not matter. None of that changes the fact that the president is a draft dodger and has mocked those that actually served and then wants to turn around and call out those that he feels are somehow disrespecting the military.

There are far more important things Trump should be worried about yet he keeps stoking the flames and tweeting about it.

Last edited by TAM88; 10-08-2017 at 03:39 PM..

Old 10-08-2017, 04:51 PM

2,270 posts, read 889,342 times
Quote:
Actually, here in the real world, President Obama did no such thing.

Hint - Colin Kaepernick was kneeling when Barack Obama was President.

Quote:
“Sometimes out of these controversies, we start getting into a conversation, and I want everybody to listen to each other,” Obama said. “So I want Mr. Kaepernick and others who are on a knee, I want them to listen to the pain that that may cause somebody who, for example, had a spouse or a child who was killed in combat, and why it hurts them to see somebody not standing.”
Obama asks Kaepernick to think about pain he's causing military families - POLITICO

See, there's the real world, and then there's this fantasy world in which you make up things that President Obama supposedly 'would do' - even though, as is obvious from the historical record, he most certainly did not do when he had the chance.

PS:
President Obama's judicious consideration of the issue is an example of acting Presidential. It's a behavior we haven't seen in the last nine months.

Old 10-08-2017, 05:30 PM

13,227 posts, read 18,018,181 times
Today I pissed everybody off. I pissed off the boycotters because I watched a football game, and I pissed off several of the players because I still don't care any more about whatever they're protesting than I ever did before. The following are a few random thoughts of mine that might add up to a train of thought regarding all this stuff:

1. I've attended a handful of political rallies and protests in the past. Amazingly, none of them turned into football games. It's as if football wasn't the reason that anybody at the rallies or protests attended them in the first place.

2. For me, the flag presentation and National Anthem was always that time when everybody, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual preference, socioeconomic status or political views, literally stood together as Americans and celebrated that fact.

3. I don't suddenly become unaware of breast cancer from November 1 through September 30, and likewise, I won't suddenly become unaware of other problems in this country if the players stop protesting. Just because I prefer the game of football to be apolitical doesn't mean that I don't care. Not everything has to be made political.

4. If Jim Brown, the original NFL-player-turned-activist, says that you're doing it wrong, then you're probably doing it wrong, especially if Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg calls your actions "dumb and disrespectful."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football