Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the kneeling controversy ruined football for you?
Yes - I am done, I no longer care 40 33.90%
Maybe -It makes me less likely to care but I will watch occasionally 27 22.88%
No - It makes no difference 51 43.22%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
real americans are honored that he feels that way ... that`s why he got elected
Some Americans may be "honored" the President feels that way but they should damn well be concerned that he
acts that way.

It's very very concerning and it's much bigger than football or respect for the flag.

Last edited by maciesmom; 10-12-2017 at 03:05 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 12:44 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
So are the veterans that have come out and supported the NFL players kneeling not "real Americans" then?
Oh yeah? Well tell that to Rob O'Neill, the man who killed Usama bin Laden.

https://www.google.com/amp/insider.f.../article/58122

Rob asks, where is Colin Kaepernick playing football this Sunday? I really like this Rob character.

Every veteran he's talked to, every widow he's talked to, is offended.

"When you get killed in war, it doesn't matter what color you are, you come back in Red White and Blue."

There may be folks that say they are veterans and aren't offended. Either they are liars or they haven't talked to Rob yet. Go talk to Rob. I'm quite sure he'll straighten them out, with just a glance.

"When I see the Flag, I see Iwo Jima, I see Normandy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
so for every Veteran you quote, I can find another Vet who will say they fought and defended this nation so that every American citizen has a voice to protest if they desire - killing OBL was great, but it was a team effort - thousands died in the effort - one man didn't do it alone...... and his voice is not greater or lessor than any other vet who served ......as was said years ago a philsopher/writer/whatever, and believed by many vets..... I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.....they can protest, but it doesn't diminish their view of the Flag and the Anthem......
Rob also said this, "just because you say you're not disrespecting the troops doesn't mean you are not disrespecting the troops."

He also said, "If you have to explain why you're protesting, you just might be doing it wrong."

He also said, "Cops should just stop going to NFL games. Let the NFL shell out millions of dollars for their own private armed security."

Love this guy. Semper Fi! Oorah!

Arizona Cardinals up on Tampa Bay! How bout dat?

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-15-2017 at 02:13 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 01:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
so for every Veteran you quote, I can find another Vet who will say they fought and defended this nation so that every American citizen has a voice to protest if they desire - killing OBL was great, but it was a team effort - thousands died in the effort - one man didn't do it alone...... and his voice is not greater or lessor than any other vet who served ......as was said years ago a philsopher/writer/whatever, and believed by many vets..... I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.....they can protest, but it doesn't diminish their view of the Flag and the Anthem......

Old 10-15-2017, 08:15 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Collusion? Is claimed by Colin K agent.

NO team is compelled to sign C K even as a 3rd string backup.

The games played on before him and will continue on after him...as for me I like giving any NEW guy a chance to show his worth...the beat goes on ,the beat goes on.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
I don't care where, when, how, or what the players are protesting DURING THE GAME. I don't want politics of any kind mixed in with the entertainment I am paying to watch. It is another way for entertainers to be arrogant to their customers, and say FU, I am famous, and special.

Last edited by Pilot1; 10-19-2017 at 05:00 AM..

Old 10-19-2017, 04:44 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't care where, when, how, or what the players are protesting DURING THE GAME. I don't want politics of any kind mixed in with the entertainment I a paying to watch. It is another way for entertainers to be arrogant to their customers, and say FU, I am famous, and special.
you'll probably never want to go to rock/country music concerts - they usually interject some sort of message -

Old 10-19-2017, 08:40 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
you'll probably never want to go to rock/country music concerts - they usually interject some sort of message -
Right. Do you think the KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY ENTERTAINMENT! crowd has any complaints about Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Alice Cooper? Me, neither. Do you think they had a tantrum over Tim Tebow's bible-verse eyeblack? Or his end zone prayers? Of course not. The 1965 AFL All-Star Game was moved from New Orleans after a player boycott over racial discrimination in the city barring black players from some businesses. I wonder if they'd pitch a fit over that? Probably not, because I suspect that they would sympathize with the situation. In 2016, September 11th fell on a Sunday and marked the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Several NFL players wore cleats that commemorated the victims. Those uniform alterations violated NFL rules. The NFL declined to fine any of the players for breaking the rules in order to make a political statement. Again, the NO POLITICS! hue and cry was not heard.

A lot of people selectively discover that they really dislike politics in entertainment only when they happen to disagree with the message. When it isn't a message that ruffles their feathers, suddenly they have no problem with politics in sports.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:40 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Right. Do you think the KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY ENTERTAINMENT! crowd has any complaints about Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Alice Cooper? Me, neither. Do you think they had a tantrum over Tim Tebow's bible-verse eyeblack? Or his end zone prayers? Of course not. The 1965 AFL All-Star Game was moved from New Orleans after a player boycott over racial discrimination in the city barring black players from some businesses. I wonder if they'd pitch a fit over that? Probably not, because I suspect that they would sympathize with the situation. In 2016, September 11th fell on a Sunday and marked the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Several NFL players wore cleats that commemorated the victims. Those uniform alterations violated NFL rules. The NFL declined to fine any of the players for breaking the rules in order to make a political statement. Again, the NO POLITICS! hue and cry was not heard.

A lot of people selectively discover that they really dislike politics in entertainment only when they happen to disagree with the message. When it isn't a message that ruffles their feathers, suddenly they have no problem with politics in sports.
A lot of people wonder why they protest for people that have decided they don't have to obey a police command to "put your hands above your head." (so you can't shoot ME?) Yeah, a lot of people wondering about THAT since it is a well known fact that many NFL players are felons who have been arrested. I haven't ever been arrested. Is it because I am white or is it because I have been TAUGHT to obey the law? The big joke of the whole thing? I live in Chicago, they are killing each other as if they are in a war zone but these players kneel without acknowledging the FACT that the little kids in these area's cannot even GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY. We see their pictures the next day, who cares about this? Who cares the police go to each shooting or killing and see what they do to each other and think "Will I be next?" Put your hands above your head when commanded to do so but I am wondering, is that really the problem? They don't like to be "commanded"??? Maybe the police should beg instead?

Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
A lot of people wonder why they protest for people that have decided they don't have to obey a police command to "put your hands above your head." (so you can't shoot ME?) Yeah, a lot of people wondering about THAT since it is a well known fact that many NFL players are felons who have been arrested. I haven't ever been arrested. Is it because I am white or is it because I have been TAUGHT to obey the law? The big joke of the whole thing? I live in Chicago, they are killing each other as if they are in a war zone but these players kneel without acknowledging the FACT that the little kids in these area's cannot even GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY. We see their pictures the next day, who cares about this? Who cares the police go to each shooting or killing and see what they do to each other and think "Will I be next?" Put your hands above your head when commanded to do so but I am wondering, is that really the problem? They don't like to be "commanded"??? Maybe the police should beg instead?
Thank you for making my point that it's about the content of the message, not the fact that a political message is being sent.

Bonus points for insinuating that the only people who get shot by police are those that bring it upon themselves, and that it's about white people who obey they law and 'they' (non-white people, apparently) who don't. Apparently, either police are perfect and never commit any unlawful killings (in which case you're one of the most naive people on the planet) or because some/most police killings are justified, then people of the same race as those who are justifiably killed are guilty because of their shared race and have no right to complain about the unjustified killings.

At any, disagreement will not be tolerated! Those who dissent are SOBs who must be fired, boycotted, condemned!

Brilliant...

Old 10-19-2017, 04:21 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That's certainly true. No president should be saying things that can be construed to be telling people how to run their businesses. That intrusion doesn't sit well with me.

The owners are the ones who should be making the rules. If they understood their audience, they'd make the right rules. And anyone who thinks that a private business can't impose such rules with respect to the anthem because it represents a free speech/expression issue, has a strudel in his noodle. Ask the Boy Scouts.
The owner will go in the direction that will still pull in the money, even if its not a popular decision they are making. They will let the cons (literally) in some cases, run the business,until they go to far. The owners cave on this. There will be more protests to see how far they can take things. Thats coming. They have found an audience and a way to get attention for their protests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football