U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Has the kneeling controversy ruined football for you?
Yes - I am done, I no longer care 40 33.90%
Maybe -It makes me less likely to care but I will watch occasionally 27 22.88%
No - It makes no difference 51 43.22%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-28-2017, 01:18 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,249 posts, read 19,200,442 times
Reputation: 7010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
And now Trump has pushed the NFL into a corner. They have to totally shut down the protests involving the National Anthem or face continued loss of fan base, and income. If you are on the side of the Anthem, Flag and National pride you are on the precipice of a big win.
You say that as if the people who "are on the side of the Anthem, Flag, and National pride" are... oppressed, or something...

 
Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC
3,849 posts, read 3,976,894 times
Reputation: 6509
If you are only dropping the NFL because of the protests, you are a hater, period. You hate black people and/or Liberals (or even fair-minded conservatives like many NFL owners). So lame, lots of yall are gonna drop your favorite sport for your own animosity.

BTW, think of all the ways U Bum Trump has disrespected this country. He's made the US a laughing stock, and some of yall are worried about a little justified kneeling?
 
Old 09-28-2017, 01:55 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,514,091 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
None of his temper tantrum tactics of boycotting have been successful at all. Remember the "failing New York Times"? Their subscriptions are at record highs.

Whenever Trump says not to participate in something, it seems like more people participate in it than ever before. This is going to be great for the NFL, like it or not.
Almost no one is going to care. Sure, ultra-conservatives will ***** and moan about it, like many people here, but many of these are the same people who already complain about having to sit through commercials, or have cut the cable and only watch NFL red zone anyway -- and no longer actually go to games (if they ever did).
 
Old 09-28-2017, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
5,756 posts, read 4,242,878 times
Reputation: 3829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
If you are only dropping the NFL because of the protests, you are a hater, period. You hate black people and/or Liberals (or even fair-minded conservatives like many NFL owners). So lame, lots of yall are gonna drop your favorite sport for your own animosity.

BTW, think of all the ways U Bum Trump has disrespected this country. He's made the US a laughing stock, and some of yall are worried about a little justified kneeling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnPEBoM0lps
 
Old 09-28-2017, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Alaska
255 posts, read 122,312 times
Reputation: 905
Retired Veteran 26yrs of service


If you're angry and would like dispose of your season tickets, boycott the NFL and honor a vet I can help you do all.


Send your season pass to me.
 
Old 09-28-2017, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,249,983 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalabran View Post
Retired Veteran 26yrs of service

If you're angry and would like dispose of your season tickets, boycott the NFL and honor a vet I can help you do all.

Send your season pass to me.

Thanks for giving so much of your adult life to serve your nation. You've got my respect.
 
Old 09-28-2017, 03:18 PM
 
2,008 posts, read 2,196,467 times
Reputation: 3104
I don't like football but now I want to watch! Trump's attacks on peaceful protests make me want to support these players and coaches more than ever.
 
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,312 posts, read 2,332,935 times
Reputation: 4475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Unless Trump opens his mouth again, i expect this to die down again except for a handful of players silently taking a knee and all will be forgotten like normally happens in the 24-hr news cycle. Networks barely even mention Charlottesville anymore, do they?

Yep. Money will win over. Billions now and will continue to be made. Take a knee and you sit the bench and your pay is docked. Then see how many take a knee. Leave you're personal opinions at the gate. It creates too much of a distraction. I would guess coaches and owners hate this. Unless you're Jerry Jones looking to grab some attention. What an ahole.
 
Old 09-28-2017, 05:57 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
434 posts, read 250,763 times
Reputation: 653
Before the Kaepernick ordeal started, it seemed to me that many players (not all, but a good number) stood for the anthem just because everyone else was. They didn't have their hands over their hearts, and they definitely weren't singing/mouthing along to the anthem. So to me, I don't really see how kneeling during the anthem is much different than what they were previously doing.

That said, I prefer football players to stick to sports while they're on the field, and I prefer the president to stick to politics while he's in the White House.
 
Old 09-28-2017, 07:12 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,514,091 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
Before the Kaepernick ordeal started, it seemed to me that many players (not all, but a good number) stood for the anthem just because everyone else was. They didn't have their hands over their hearts, and they definitely weren't singing/mouthing along to the anthem. So to me, I don't really see how kneeling during the anthem is much different than what they were previously doing.

That said, I prefer football players to stick to sports while they're on the field, and I prefer the president to stick to politics while he's in the White House.
maybe. when I went to sports games over the years, I never cared for the anthem tbh. I stood up and was respectful and all that, but didn't pay attention to anything. I was more interested in watching the game. I don't think that makes me a bad American. I typically preferred hearing whatever song happened at 7th inning stretch I think. I don't think it's a big deal. I usually clap when they announce the various military people in the crowd though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top