Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,915,481 times

Advertisements

Here's the line-up for the upcoming week. A lot of good teams and a lot of teams looking to rebound after a crazy week of results.

Bears @ Packers
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans
Jaguars @ Jets
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 11:07 PM

6,327 posts, read 3,567,935 times
Full slate of games with no bye weeks yet. Love it.

I see some good match ups. I know we are only three games in but I feel like we are seeing more parity this year. Been a great season so far.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:27 PM
YAZ

7,697 posts, read 14,008,138 times
The NFC Norris Division is fighting itself. Will there be anyone left standing?

Old 09-26-2017, 08:17 AM

6,401 posts, read 8,915,481 times
Bears @ Packers
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans
Jaguars @ Jets
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs

Week 1: 10-5
Week 2: 9-7
Week 3: 8-8
Overall: 27-20

Old 09-26-2017, 08:35 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,417,533 times
Week 1 : 10-5
Week 2 : 11-5
Week 3 : 7-9

Bears @ Packers - Both teams went to overtime Sunday in the heat and now have to play again Thursday. I wouldn't expect a good game at all. But Packers will overcome their divisional rival.
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans - This should be one to watch.
Jaguars @ Jets - The Jets are infuriating their fans who want them to bottom out for draft picks.
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings - This is gonna be a good one too.
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos - The Raiders need to bounce back after that SNF performance.
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs

Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 AM

11,132 posts, read 10,898,077 times
Bears @ Packers

I will get the rest in later as usual.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:47 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,447,519 times
Overall Record: 30-17

Bears @ Packers-I'm actually looking forward to this Thursday Night Football game. Da Bears aren't the complete dumpster fire I thought they were and could really give the Pack a tough game. Anything can happen on Thursday night and I'm 0-3 picking Thursday night games so far. However, I almost always pick Green Bay and always at Lambeau, so why break tradition?

Saints @ Dolphins-Another London slobberknocker! That Drew Brees is a real corker. This is such a coin toss and I can never figure out the Saints from week to week, so I'm just basing this pick on who has the better record in the International Series and that's the Saints. They're 1-0 while the Fins are 1-2. Of course Brees and company haven't been there since 2008. This is a completely different team with a matador defense. I just don't trust Cutler to exploit it considering Miami only put up 6 against the Jets who are supposed to be competing for biggest dumpster fire and the number 1 pick in the 2018 draft.

Titans @ Texans-While the Fighting Mariotas are a team on the rise, I remember the Titans losing at Houston last year. I think the Texans can contain Mariota better than they contained the GOAT last week, and I really like DeShaun Watson as a QB who can lead Houston to another playoff appearance.

Jaguars @ Jets-Yeah, the Jets won their home opener against a divisional foe. However, I think the whole point of their season is to tank, so they don't want to start winning too many games. Jaguars are a jekyll and hyde team and coming from London, so they could be a little jetlagged. While they don't do as well in North America, I think they'll eke out a win in the Meadowlands.

Panthers @ Patriots-It might not be pretty and there's something offensive about the Pats defense this season, but with Brady and Belichick they'll find a way past the Panthers who could manage only 13 points against the Saints pathetic defense.

Lions @ Vikings-I don't usually take Matt Stafford on the road and the Viqueens have been showing up at home. Their defense is solid and Case Keenum had a good game against the Bucs. I expect Minnesota to pull it out in a close one.

Bills @ Falcons-Note to self. Quit picking against the Falcons. There is no Super Bowl hangover. They're still a dang good football team while the Bills are mediocre like usual.

Steelers @ Ravens-Steelers are a worse team away from Heinz Field, but with the Ravens struggling offensively and the defense disappearing in Europe, not to mention the jetlag, I'll take the Killer B's in an intense battle.

Bengals @ Browns-I always take the Bengals in the Battle of Ohio. However, this might be the first time both teams have met each other with a 0-3 record. Browns can play anybody tough. They just struggle to get wins. If the Bengals want to lose in the first round of the playoffs this year they need to start getting victories.

Rams @ Cowboys-This is my weekly wishful thinking and throwaway pick. Do I actually think Goff and the Rams can go into Arlington and beat the Cowboys? Nope. I just can't pick the Cowboys to win ever. Well, I did once and got it right, but I felt dirty about it.

Eagles @ Chargers-How bizarre is it that the team probably with the smallest fan base gets 3 home games in a row? Playing in Carson is no advantage for them. It's the same old story for the Bolts. They should win this game and will put themselves in position to win, but some debacle will happen that causes them to lose. Eagles will soar again.

Giants @ Buccaneers-Manning throws to ODB repeatedly and smokes a Winston!

49ers @ Cardinals-In the vein of the Chargers and Browns, my Niners will make a game out of this before finding a way to lose. I like the effort even if the results have been unfavorable so far.

Raiders @ Broncos-I usually pick the Raiders on the road, but factoring in the altitude and their lousy performance on Sunday Night Football, I'll give a slight edge to the Broncos.

Colts @ Seahawks-How bout them Colts? Hopefully they savor that win because it could be the last one without Luck on their side. I'll take the Seahawks at home in prime time every time, especially since their offense is now off life support.

Redskins @ Chiefs-Ho hum! Just the Chiefs quietly getting another win against a decent opponent. Cousins is better than I thought, but Arrowhead gives most opposing QBs fits. Ask Tom Brady.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,210,162 times
some very good games - Go Bucs!
first week for me

Bears @ Packers
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans
Jaguars @ Jets
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs

Last edited by BucFan; 09-26-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 09-26-2017, 01:16 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,603,844 times
8-8 last week
30-17 on the season

Bears @ Packers
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans
Jaguars @ Jets
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs

Old 09-26-2017, 01:46 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,619,981 times
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 11-4
Week 3: 8-8
TOTAL: 30-16

Went .500 last week, let's see if I can get north of .500 this week...here are my picks:

Bears @ Packers
Saints @ Dolphins
Titans @ Texans
Jaguars @ Jets
Panthers @ Patriots
Lions @ Vikings
Bills @ Falcons
Steelers @ Ravens
Bengals @ Browns
Rams @ Cowboys
Eagles @ Chargers
Giants @ Buccaneers
49ers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Broncos
Colts @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Chiefs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football