Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:52 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,603,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I turned it off, missing 3 FGs is bad, really bad. Who does that, I get a slump but 3 in a row? Pats not looking great.
It's okay to miss a 56 yard FG. BUT, the way he missed that one? It wasn't even close. The other two were bad misses two. Especially the last one since it was basically a chip shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Wanted Jameis to win...but his deep ball accuracy is just really off at times. Bucs should've capitalized off those 2 Brady turnovers. Nick Folk may not have a job after last night's game...3 missed FG's is awful. Pats a lucky team and got time to get better. Its hard to assess them right now...but their D has improved from below average to mediocre.
I'm not sold on the Pats D being even slightly improved yet. Seemed like the Bucs just had a terrible game plan matched with miss throw after miss throw in that first half. That said, with the Jets up next, yes, statistically, the Pats defensive rankings will be better after this game and the next.

That Pats o-line is another area of concern though too. If they weren't giving up pressure and hits on Brady they were getting called for penalties.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:18 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,919,322 times
Stick a fork in Folk. He's done.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:42 PM

9,734 posts, read 7,434,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 10-6
Overall: 37-26

Thursday Night Football
Patriots @ Buccaneers. I'd like to know how the Patriots are a 5 point favorite on the road . The defense is atrocious can't stop a nose bleed, and going on the road in a short week. I'm not sure they'll even win anyways, but if they do I can't see it by more than a field goal, which is what I will go with. Late field goal for the Pats moves the road teams to 4-1 so far on Thursday Night Football.
Holy crap, are there a lot of toilet bowl games this weekend. The 1 PM slate may single handily be the WORST set of games in the 1 PM timeslot I have ever seen in my life. As I was telling my friend the other day, this year is going to be crap for me picking wise. With the Patriots defensive decline there's not any really "great" teams. Sure, the Chiefs are the lone unbeaten, but they needed late scores to beat the Eagles & Redskins at home, so I wouldn't necessarily call them a great team, though they certainly are a good team. There's about 5-10 good teams (Packers, Chiefs, Falcons then you could put in Texans, Bills, Lions, Broncos, possibly Eagles, Redskins, Patriots, Raiders, Rams, Vikings) and then rest of the league is completely inept. I look at 3 games this week which makes my point: Jets/Browns, Chargers/Giants, and Niners/Colts. That is 3 atrocious games all the same week at the same time. In the height of the league maybe 5, 10, 15 years ago, you could go a month plus without seeing 3 games as terrible as those 3 are, and we get them all at the same time! Yippee! It's not kneeling during the anthem, the reason the ratings are down is because 66% of the league is completely inept, and most of the games are unwatchable because of these inept teams! But with that said, my picks must go on:

Sunday Games
Panthers @ Lions. One of the lone good games of the weekend as this should be a pretty decent game that I like the Lions to win that.
Bills @ Bengals. I know there's Bills fans here, but I just cannot trust them as they have blown games like this time and time again. It's entirely possible this new regime changes that narrative and I hope it happens because SOMEONE needs to challenge the Patriots, but until I see the Bills round that corner, I will take the Bengals.
Jets @ Browns. Toilet bowl #1
49ers @ Colts. Toilet bowl #2
Titans @ Dolphins. Toilet bowl #3 IF and only if Mariotta doesn't play.
Chargers @ Giants. Toilet bowl #4. Can I pick a 0-0 tie in this??
Cardinals @ Eagles. See my paragraph above with the Cards why I didn't put the Cards in the good category. This might be the worst 2-2 team in the history of the NFL.
Jaguars @ Steelers. Unfortunately, the Steelers lost to the Bears which ends the "One game a year the Steelers completely look past and fall flat on their face." If not for the Bears game, it would be this game.
Seahawks @ Rams. See the Bills/Bengals. Much like that game, the Rams are the better team, but until the Rams prove they can win big games like this, I will take the team that's been a force in the division, no matter how awful they may be. Like the Bills, maybe this new regime for the Rams has turned that corner, but until they do, I will stick with the power.
Ravens @ Raiders. This looks like toilet bowl #5 with Carr likely out.
Packers @ Cowboys. Packers look to be a better team than the Cowboys.
Chiefs @ Texans. What a shocker, another good game. I'll take the Texans with Watson, I have loved what I've seen out of him so far.

Monday Night Football
Vikings @ Bears. I'd LOVE to know why John Fox decided to have Trubisky make his debut against this defense?? Because they are playing at home?? I'd say its probably better to make your debut on the road because its less pressure. The Vikings defense is going to devour the poor kid.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Bills @ Bengals. I know there's Bills fans here, but I just cannot trust them as they have blown games like this time and time again. It's entirely possible this new regime changes that narrative and I hope it happens because SOMEONE needs to challenge the Patriots, but until I see the Bills round that corner, I will take the Bengals.
As one of those Bills fans I have also taken the Bengals this week. BUT, not because I do not believe in the new regime of the team in general. I do think this season we have turned a corner. But this is just tough game in general. The Bengals are not nearly as bad as they looked the first two weeks. Plus there defense has been really good all season. If a couple teams that are viewed as good teams like the Broncos and Falcons can lose to the Bills, it is entirely possible if not likely that the Bills could lose to the Bengals on the road where one team clearly has their back up against the wall and much more to play for.

It is quite possible that after week 5, the Bills, Patriots and Jets will all be tied for first place in the AFC East. Wonder what the vegas odds on that would have been before the season started?

Old 10-07-2017, 01:37 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,850,599 times
Sunday Games
Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans

Monday Night Football
Vikings @ Bears

Old 10-07-2017, 02:07 PM

14,313 posts, read 14,591,569 times
Glad to see you picked the Packers, Jonathan keeps picking against them!

Old 10-07-2017, 02:48 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,644,447 times
Week 1: 11-4
Week 2: 11-4
Week 3: 8-8
Week 4: 8-8
TOTAL: 38-24

I was good for the first two weeks, very average the last two...so what gives? We'll see. My picks for this week, keeping with my forgetful tradition of forgetting to pick the Thurs game...

Panthers @ Lions
Bills @ Bengals
Jets @ Browns
49ers @ Colts
Titans @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Giants
Cardinals @ Eagles
Jaguars @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Rams
Ravens @ Raiders
Packers @ Cowboys
Chiefs @ Texans
Vikings @ Bears

Old 10-07-2017, 06:01 PM

5,025 posts, read 6,085,239 times
Patriots WON

Lions
Bills
Jets
Colts
Titans
Giants
Eagles
Steelers
Rams
Raiders
Packers
Chiefs
Vikings

Last week 12-4

Good luck everyone

Old 10-07-2017, 06:58 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,850,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Glad to see you picked the Packers, Jonathan keeps picking against them!
Packers always seem to play well against the Cowboys. Won 6 of the last 7 matchups. Plus, I think the Packers will be fired up for this game. Something about playing in 'The Death Star' in front of Jerry Jones & Cowboy nation that does that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football