U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:35 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times

Advertisements

Jets-Patriots

I think they got the fumble/touchback call on the reversed ASJ TD right. Everybody is concentrating on what was happening on the ground with the ball but ASJ clearly loses possession of the ball before he gets to the goal line while still on his feet.

https://deadspin.com/the-jets-got-sc...own-1819488051
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,227,061 times
He bobbles it but never completely loses control. I think it's a poor nfl rule.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,900,925 times
Well, 6-7 with the Titans to go on MNF. The way this week is going I guess I'm lucky to match last weeks total.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:16 AM

4,889 posts, read 3,977,230 times
3 and 10 since the Giants won the Super Bowl rematch last night

Old 10-16-2017, 10:02 AM

8,583 posts, read 5,388,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Chiefs will get their first lost this weekend.
Ouch, I had a bad weekend going 5-8 so far, and the Monday night isn't going to change that. However, I did got my Steelers game right though, we usually play the good teams well. And I think the Jets were cheated on that call.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He bobbles it but never completely loses control. I think it's a poor nfl rule.

The rule stinks I agree, but because its a rule, the refs made the right call. What makes it one of the worst in history is that it was overturned on replay. The call on the field was a touchdown. What did the refs see under the hood that was indisputable video evidence that he actually did fumble before he broke the plane, because you sure as hell couldn't see it on the CBS broadcast!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Patriots don't cheat but they do stretch the rule book like when Brady snaps the ball quickly because he sees an opposing player trotting off the field and they get a penalty for having too many men on the field. I don't like when they do that but there is nothing in the rule book that says you can't. It is smart football.

Watching yesterdays Patriots game against the Jets I had this feeling that Goddell sent a memo to all the teams to make the games more exciting for the fans. There were times when the Pats defense was playing very well and then it seemed that that they would sit back and give up a huge play on third down.

The Patriots with Belechick and Brady has always been an exciting team to watch and they have had me on the edge of my seat many times right to the final seconds.

What was really odd was how the Jets touchdown yesterday was over turned, on their home field I would add.
Yes the ball was moving when he went over the pylon but he regained control as he landed out of bounds.
That was a bad call.

Rogers from Green Bay does this all the time. That's not cheating, that's outsmarting your opposition, isn't that the goal of the game?? You have advanced scouting you should know Brady & Rogers are going to run the no huddle and do this, so you should have your subs ready to go as the player is tackled on the previous play.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times
NFL - Ten underdogs covering fuel huge NFL Sunday for books

The Giants won 23-10, becoming the second 13-point underdog to win outright on Sunday. The Miami Dolphins upset the Atlanta Falcons as 13-point underdogs in the early slate. It's the first time that multiple 13-point favorites lost in the same day since Dec. 9, 1973 (Week 13), according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:23 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Hey! So many of the games this Friday the 13th Weekend were killers!

We the (mostly-for-fun) game-pickers were surprised at many of the outcomes. Many of our picks were not necessarily trendy, but were well thought out. Yes, some of us pick the shiney, trendy teams, because it's just what we usually do. Some of us are just totally biased homers who will almost always pick our homies, come Heaven or high water.

However, when some hi-filutin, mean guy declared that "on ANY given Sunday (Thursday, Saturday, Monday, etc), any team in the NFL can beat any other..."... the dude was absolutely right.

He was a football prophet. Actually, an all-sports prophet.

We, the fanatic and sometimes gullible fans... may not be aware that this prophet was non-other than former NFL commissioner Bert Bell ('46-'59)!

That statement of his was spot on, and we, the pickers, need to realize that we'll rarely, if ever, get our picks 100% correct!

However, I have to believe that Friday the 13th Weekend had some influence.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:44 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
What? Titans WIN? Yay! Just like we drew it up, right?

Week 1: 10-5 (1 Hurricane postponement)
Week 2: 10-6
Week 3: 8-8
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 9-5
Week 6: 6-8

Season: 53-38
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football