U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:02 PM

6,536 posts, read 4,489,472 times

Advertisements

5-7 with the Broncos (woof) and Titans (woof for the game) left.

Hurray for mediocrity, because mediocrity is the theme of the 2017 season, both with my picks and the play on the field! Packers will be playing most of the rest of the season without Rogers, Chiefs & Falcons lose, both at home to bad teams. Raiders with Carr lose to the Chargers, Broncos losing at home to the winless, no receiving threat Giants, Patriots may have lost as that touchdown would have only had them down 3 with half the 4th quarter to play against a bad defense. Granted, you don't know how the rest of that game will turn out the same as it did, but that maybe the worst call by a referee in NFL HISTORY! Say what you will about the Steelers/Lions coin toss, but you can't get into the mind of a referee about what they thought they heard vs. what was actually said. There was no view anywhere that the play was a fumble. That was atrocious, and go figure only something like that happens with the Patriots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 09:45 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
5-8? Who knew?

What an incredibly crazy week!

And now... on to MNF and Titans...

Old 10-15-2017, 10:11 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,465,447 times
7-6 going into MNF.

I am glad for the Giants though.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:51 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,174,755 times
8-5 with TEN tonight. Another crazy week for many.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:10 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,925,208 times
Sigh. 4-9 hahaha. Titans to go.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:16 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Right, hahaha for sure, as I am now 3-10, I've gone from first to worst!

Old 10-16-2017, 07:19 AM

19,377 posts, read 17,481,461 times
The NFL is all about making money and bringing in the advertising dollars for the SuperBowl. So towards that end, they'll do whatever they can to help certain high profile teams get there. Teams with star players that sell jerseys and they can hype, and teams with franchise that sell across regional markets.
So expect teams like The Patriots ( who only win when they cheat) to get preferential refereeing and that will extend to teams like the Panthers with players like crybaby Cam Newton. Its about selling a show that people will watch. And as the NFL gets more desperate with dropping off ratings, expect even more outrageous calls and even more dirty playing aimed at taking out players who are playing too well but aren't on the right team.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:35 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The NFL is all about making money and bringing in the advertising dollars for the SuperBowl. So towards that end, they'll do whatever they can to help certain high profile teams get there. Teams with star players that sell jerseys and they can hype, and teams with franchise that sell across regional markets.
So expect teams like The Patriots ( who only win when they cheat) to get preferential refereeing and that will extend to teams like the Panthers with players like crybaby Cam Newton. Its about selling a show that people will watch. And as the NFL gets more desperate with dropping off ratings, expect even more outrageous calls and even more dirty playing aimed at taking out players who are playing too well but aren't on the right team.
link please

Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 AM

23,631 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
7-7 last week
38-39 overall

Panthers
Ravens
Texans
Packers
Lions
Falcons
Jets (upset special)
Redskins
Buccaneers
Rams
Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos
Titans
3-10 so far. Yuck!

Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 AM

11,823 posts, read 8,241,478 times
The Patriots don't cheat but they do stretch the rule book like when Brady snaps the ball quickly because he sees an opposing player trotting off the field and they get a penalty for having too many men on the field. I don't like when they do that but there is nothing in the rule book that says you can't. It is smart football.

Watching yesterdays Patriots game against the Jets I had this feeling that Goddell sent a memo to all the teams to make the games more exciting for the fans. There were times when the Pats defense was playing very well and then it seemed that that they would sit back and give up a huge play on third down.

The Patriots with Belechick and Brady has always been an exciting team to watch and they have had me on the edge of my seat many times right to the final seconds.

What was really odd was how the Jets touchdown yesterday was over turned, on their home field I would add.
Yes the ball was moving when he went over the pylon but he regained control as he landed out of bounds.
That was a bad call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football