U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:20 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times

Advertisements

Sorry I have not been keeping up the weekly power rankings for the 4 or 5 of you who read them.
I have been very busy lately, spending a tremendous amount of time lately coming up with excuses to use to keep from having to do any actual work, all the while making it look like I am already too swamped to take on any more. While this would preclude any reasons for not writing the columns, it did backfire a few times as others have quit and left me with messes to mop up.

So anyway This weeks Power Rankings take us to the East coast and the West coast where A cocaine snorting dolphin coach is now employed at SEAWORLD and where where New Yorkers are turning in their blue for green, not to mention in Los Angeles where no one seems to know anything about the Chargers.

32 San Francisco 0 and 5ers 0-5 It is hard enough to be 0 and 5, it is even harder to be the worst team in the league considering the company BUT somehow the dumpster fire 49ers have done it.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

31 NY GIANTS Singing ELI ELI OH (And 5) 0-5 This week the Giants will not lose, but then again, will it matter. Last week, Beckham got his back bended, or rather, WRECKED, which is the one word I would use to describe this season.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 MY FINZ 2-2 Any comments about the two wins should be put to rest. One Win came from the 4th worst teams mistakes, the other with a little help from the referees. This is an 0-4 team masquerading as a 2-2 team, and it is not even HALLOWEEN Yet ! At least they have their costumes picked out...they are going to go trick or treating around the league dressed as a real football team. And I won;t even make any more jokes about cocaine because the team should be ASHAMED of themselves for allowing that sort of thing.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

29 CHARGERS 1- 4 I was in Los Angeles asking where the Chargers stadium was, and not only did no one know, they did not even know who the Chargers even were. Kind of like the rest of the NFL.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

28 BROWNS 0-5

The INDIANS need to give the good people of Cleveland something to cheer about, because it is still a few weeks until basketball season If the Indians lose, well, get used to the disappointment fans. The CAVS did not sign who they needed to get back to the finals either.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

27 DA BEARS 1 -4 Once the draft rolls around, Da Bears can give some hope to the fans for next year. The Cubs are still alive though.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

26 COLTS 1-4
Without any luck, this team will s*ck.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

25 SAINTS 2 - 2

They traded A P, but no matter, they will still be just as bad without him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

24 BUCCANEERS
2- 2

ARRRR MATEY The Filthy dogs be in the bottom ten as they be too inconsistant to be a good team ARRRRRR They have talent they waste and the Captain (the coach) calls plays like he has never sailed a ship before. Mutiny time.

23 CINCINNATI
BENGALS
2-3 Not sure which is worse: the uniforms, the dropped passes, or the missed tackles.

22 PESKY RED BIRDS

ALL out this year, as things just don;t work out for the Birds. And if they were a better team, things would. Or should. Either way, we have a load of Pesky Red Bird items just waiting for you to buy on Ebay coming soon.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

21 TITANS One step away from the bottom ten

20 RAMS 3 - 2 This team is so inconsistent that they ought to move to Washington DC and call themselves congress.

19 TEXANS Things will continue to slide in Houston as the city dries off, so do their chances of winning with major losses to players.

18 REDSKINS Keeping the Myth that the NFC East is anything special, the Redskins have shown mediocrity at it's finest so far.

17 COWBOYS
And speaking of MYTHS, this team is really really bad. And we have all seen them, because the NFL and Assorted stations seem to focus everything around them. So everyone can see that the sophomore slump of Elliot (who should be suspended), Prescott (who needs a few more years to mature) , the worsening O-Line which is only going to get worse and the JOKE of a defense really makes the Cowboys an awful team, no matter what the owner does to string along the fans, the NFL, and the networks.

16 SMACK DAB In the Middle of Mediocrity is the VIKINGS. A team that shows such inconsistent flashes of talent coupled with mistakes that look like practice was missed.

15 RAVENS Something about this season does not add up.

14 JETS I thought they would be 34th, not 14th, but they manage to fly.
13 JAGUARS 3-2 First place in AFC South can be yours even with a 7-9 record come January

12 RAIDERS are really better than their 2-3 record, but if they go 2-6 it is bottom 10 time

The Evil PATRIOTS
3-2 Not the best squad they have put together so far, but they will still see postseason work, and unlike the Giants, it will be playing instead of taking tickets.

10 STEELERS 3- 2 Wow Big Ben has blown the weekly betting pools with some bad games, but he had help from the Defense who has not quite shown up as the steel curtain this year.

9 LIONS 3-2 Looking good so far

8 SEAHAWKS Still a good team regardless of the record

7 Bill's BUFFALOES Showing a good strong Defense and impressive wins

6 BRONCOS Wow Defense still wins games, Offense looks good too

5 PANTHERS Cam Newton and company have been impressive so far.

4 EAGLES
FLY High Eagles. The NFC EAST is ALL YOURS this year !

3 PACKERS Somehow these guys always seem to find a way to win. talent does that.

2 FALCONS I don't know if this will last, but after some rest, the birds should fly.

1 CHIEFS
Arrowhead is the place to be this year for good football.

There it is, please feel free to add your own and opinions always welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Well, I'm one of your 4 or 5 readers, do appreciate them, they are fun! I like the pink bear and the kitty. Because of the horrible fires in CA wasn't sure until I scrolled down and saw it was a dumpster fire. Great list, hope Packers get some players healthy.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:04 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
I enjoy reading your rankings! I usually read them to my husband as well. I hope my beloved Eagles continue to fly high.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:56 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,121,697 times
Cat Man, I'm one of your 4-5 Fanz who refuses to stop being one of your homies.

Keep up the good or mediocre work which you do, or don't do.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:16 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
The 49ers may be better than the record indicates. Last 4 losses by 3 points or less.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:27 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
I'd move the Eagles up to #2 after their win. They've been impressive. They were knocked for having wins against the combined 1-9 Chargers and Giants. But I've viewed both of those teams as much better than their actual records. Going forward the Giants are probably more like their 0-5 record since they lost all their receivers. Then the Eagles crushed the Cardinals on the road. Yeah Cardinals are not that great but they did what a good team should do by crushing them.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:18 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Very true, some teams play down to their opponents, not a good idea, can anyone say "trap games"? Eagles look like the real deal, and we'll see going forward, NFC should be great to the finish this year.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:07 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'd move the Eagles up to #2 after their win. They've been impressive. They were knocked for having wins against the combined 1-9 Chargers and Giants. But I've viewed both of those teams as much better than their actual records. Going forward the Giants are probably more like their 0-5 record since they lost all their receivers. Then the Eagles crushed the Cardinals on the road. Yeah Cardinals are not that great but they did what a good team should do by crushing them.
Probably will next week. They did impress with what little of it I could see last night, sorry I missed so much of the game.

I wish you would make power rankings. While yours are not as jovial as minie, I tend to be less accurate and go more for a cheap laugh.
That being said the Eagles will fly up and I will see how the other teams do.
I agree with the Giants, they may go winless But MY FINZ really won two games by auspicious circumstanced, the first when the lowly California Chargers missed multiple field goals, and the Titans games because of a mistake by the referee which put a TD on the board for the home team. Take that away, and you have a winless team underneath it all. As for the 0and5ers, teams will often do only what they have to do to win, and it take little against the boys from Frisco right now.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:08 PM

1,578 posts, read 982,048 times
Cat, I like (& appreciate the work you put into) your weekly write-ups..

My contention is putting Washington in the bottom half of the league (#18), and characterizing them as mediocre..
Redskins were a dropped pass away from beating KC on the road. I think they've shown they're one of the better NFC teams. I think inconsistent would be a fair description tho. They don't always play to their full potential like that Chiefs game, but..

Keep the write-ups coming, peace

Old 10-14-2017, 01:17 PM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,840,791 times
My one-two punch would be Chiefs and Eagles. Doesn't matter though, 'cuz I'll be hangin' out in the garage listening to the Lions' game, then coming in to consume too many calories and watch Coach Arians Nation have a meltdown.

No risk it, no biscuit philosophy makes watching Cards' games fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or