U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 10:06 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times

Advertisements

P-Diddy wanted to buy the NFL, but considering the fact that this would be an impossible task, he is now considering starting up his own Pro Football league.

Sean Combs Hints At Starting Own Football League

He's been tweeting about it as well: .

I say it goes the way of the USFL and XFL. Do you think it would succeed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
P-Diddy wanted to buy the NFL, but considering the fact that this would be an impossible task, he is now considering starting up his own Pro Football league.

Sean Combs Hints At Starting Own Football League

He's been tweeting about it as well: .

I say it goes the way of the USFL and XFL. Do you think it would succeed?
More power to him, but no other leagues have ever lasted very long after their start-ups.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:20 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Any league that tries to compete directly with the NFL will fail.

Any new league should try to capitalize on the movement to eliminate or reduce the risk of CTE. I could see either a flag football or no helmet league having long-term success. Either would be similar to the current game but not directly competing because they would be different. Flag football would eliminate CTE and and rugby style football league would reduce CTE risk.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

Any new league should try to capitalize on the movement to eliminate or reduce the risk of CTE. I could see either a flag football or no helmet league having long-term success. Either would be similar to the current game but not directly competing because they would be different. Flag football would eliminate CTE and and rugby style football league would reduce CTE risk.
Have you watched a rugby match before? It's brutal!

Old 10-12-2017, 01:36 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,690,956 times
Quote:

the lingerie league is awesome! Just kidding I've never watched it

but I can't see anyone watching a mens flag football league.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
the lingerie league is awesome! Just kidding I've never watched it

but I can't see anyone watching a mens flag football league.
I never have watched that glorious league either!

I have heard of athletes getting hurt in flag football. They used to have a flag football game with the retired players. But yeah, I'm not watching flag football and anybody who thinks flag football would be a replacement to tackle football is not living in the real world.

It doesn't sound like Diddy's league would embrace any safer measures. It would still be tackle football, and they would be much looser on the rules. But, the comment about a league for "my" people? Don't want to speculate but............

Old 10-12-2017, 02:00 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Have you watched a rugby match before? It's brutal!
Yes, but they are not using their heads as spears.A bloody face will heal up. Damage to the brain won't. It is still tackle so you still have the risk of CTE but the risk would be less.

As for flag football, I wouldn't watch arena football either but it still exits. And you have to assume participation at the youth level will only increase.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:14 PM

28,505 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Is this going to be football's version of Ice Cube's "The Big 3" for basketball ?

Quote:
I never have watched that glorious league either!

I have heard of athletes getting hurt in flag football. They used to have a flag football game with the retired players. But yeah, I'm not watching flag football and anybody who thinks flag football would be a replacement to tackle football is not living in the real world.

It doesn't sound like Diddy's league would embrace any safer measures. It would still be tackle football, and they would be much looser on the rules. But, the comment about a league for "my" people? Don't want to speculate but............
Interesting... both leagues would not survive as the money making machine that it is, if it happened as he envisions it...

Old 10-12-2017, 06:55 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,668 times
Didn't even care about the headline. I'll pay attention when/if he gets serious. Anyone can say it.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:46 PM

32,475 posts, read 26,356,312 times
Quote:

no your suggestions would not eliminate CTE risks. they might show a slight reduction though.

as for combs creating his own league, if he does i would give it a chance and watch a few games, i still occasionally watch arena football, mostly when the rattlers are playing, but even then it doesnt hold the same water the NFL does.

but i also predict that any new league, whether it competes with the NFL or not, wont last long. that arena football lasted this long is nice, but it is slowly going down the tubes at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or