Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times

Advertisements

Chiefs@ Raiders
Ravens @ Vikings
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots
Redskins @ Eagles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 02:13 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,460,587 times
Overall: 54-37

Chiefs@ Raiders-Probably going to miss this since I'm 1-5 on TNF games, but the road team has won 5 out of 6 TNF so far and I feel confident the Chiefs will rebound after their loss to the Steelers. Steelers have the Chiefs number. The Raiders haven't beaten the Chiefs since 2014 and appear to be struggling a little bit.

Ravens @ Vikings-Both have great defenses, but I'm going to go with the team that has beaten Da Bears.

Panthers @ Bears-Da Bears aren't the dumpster fire I thought they'd be and Trubisky is doing good, but Soldier Field is a generous place for opposing teams looking for wins. Da Bears have only won at Soldier Field 5 times over the last 3 seasons. Panthers are too good of a football team not to eke out a win.

Jaguars @ Colts-With the Browns and my Niners in the league, the Colts are not competing for biggest dumpster fire of the NFL. However, they're really bad, and the Jaguars have looked tough all season, especially their defense.

Titans @ Browns-This is my gimme of the week since the Browns are allergic to winning. I remember the Titans are much better with Mariota under center.

Bengals at Steelers-Steelers have actually looked better so far on the road than at home in this young season. I see this being an intense battle and close game that smacks of upset potential, but I just can't pull the trigger on Cincy.

Seahawks @ Giants-Now that the Giants finally go off the snide, can I pick them? Nope. I trust the Seahawks defense more than I do the Giants offense. It will be close though since the Seahawks tend to play to the level of their competition on the road.

Broncos @ Chargers-Can the Carson Chargers make it 3 in a row? Not likely. They're going "home" where they're 0-3 on the season. They're home games probably feel like road games and I'm sure Chargers fans will be outnumbered by Broncos fans. It's not like Denver is playing great right now, but I feel like a sweep of the Chargers is in order if they want to make it to the playoffs. They'll probably win on a butt fumble safety or some other bizarre play.

Saints @ Packers-There will be no Romo or Kaepernick. Brett Hundley is the next man in, and the Packers will be fine. It is a tough thing to come into a football game you don't expect to be playing in and last week Green Bay was deflated when their leader got seriously injured. I am too. Sundays won't be as fun without seeing Rodgers out there. One of my great joys in life is watching him orchestrate an offense, and I wish him a speedy recovery. However, now that Hundley knows he's the guy I expect a better showing next week. Yes, the Saints matador defense has improved the last several weeks, but they're exploitable and this is definitely winnable for Green Bay at Lambeau.

Jets @ Dolphins-Fins will even the season series against their divisional foes. They actually showed some passion last week coming back from a 17-0 deficit at Atlanta. Jets are still sulking about the Seferian-Jenkins touchdown that was overturned. What a bad call, and I don't see the Jets bouncing back from that.

Cardinals @ Rams-Oh bullocks! Another bloody London game. This time it will be at Twickenham Stadium. I was going to pick this game by who's closer, but that shouldn't be a factor since they're both coming from the West Coast. This is actually a very important division game, but the Rams appear to be a much better team so far. All the cardiac Cards have done this season is beat 2 bad football teams-Colts and 49ers-at home in OT and literally smoked a Winston. Rams actually have a couple of quality wins on their resume.

Buccaneers @ Bills-It's tempting to take Ryan Fitzpatrick against his former team, but I think Buffalo will prevail coming after a bye week. I do question whether Tyrod Taylor will be able to exploit the Bucs weak pass defense, but he should be able to outduel a Bucs team that has no Winston to smoke.

Cowboys @ 49ers-This is my throwaway and wishful thinking pick of the week since I can't pick the Cowboys. However, I will say my 49ers have been competitive the last 5 weeks and it's just a matter of a time before they get that elusive win. They lost by 3 at Seattle, lost by 2 vs the Rams, lost by 3 in OT at Arizona, lost by 3 in OT at Indy, and lost by 2 at Washington. Something has to give eventually. I love C.J. Beathard at quarterback and maybe he will breathe new life into the team.

Falcons @ Patriots -I picked the Falcons the last 2 weeks and they burned me. I'm officially off their bandwagon. I will go with team that will lie, cheat, steal, and has the NFL rulebook on their side, not to mention the GOAT QB and head coach.

Redskins @ Eagles-As I jump off the Falcons bandwagon, I'm jumping on the Eagles and believe they will fly high and complete the sweep of the Skins as they cruise to the NFC Least crown.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:19 PM

5,126 posts, read 6,123,485 times
At 48-43 this has been one of worst years for me in a while.

Judging by what I have seen so far there does not seem to be any teams with really explosive offenses or defenses.

My Pat's are playing extremely sluggish........and what happened to Dynasty's? Are those days over?

Where are those teams that come off a Super Bowl appearance and bounce right back in the mix?

Seattle, Greenbay, Dallas, Oakland, Atlanta and Carolina to name a few of the teams that have failed to become repeat contenders, or really looked hot last year and this was going to be the year for them to make a run.

I take Kansas for Thursday and will pick the rest later, and dam I really though Oakland was going to bring it on this year after last years season!

My three cents................

Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Chiefs @ Raiders

Will get the rest in later.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:59 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,858,957 times
Chiefs@ Raiders
Ravens @ Vikings
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots
Redskins @ Eagles

Old 10-19-2017, 09:53 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
Bills
Bears
Titans
Saints
Jaguars
Cardinals
Dolphins
Vikings
Cowboys
Seahawks
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons
Eagles

Old 10-19-2017, 11:39 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
NFL 2017 WEEK 7 PICKS: (Bye Week: Lions, Texans)

Tell you what, Hoss… had enough losses last week to choke a horse!

Thursday Oct 19:
Chiefs @ Oakland – Old rivalry: Yeah… staying with KC

Sunday Oct 22 (Early Games):
Tampa Bay @ Buffalo – Bills rested, refreshed; should be ready
Carolina @ Chicago – I trust neither Panthers nor Bears…
Titans @ Browns – Going with: Mariota & his hammy.
Nawlins @ Green Bay – Brees over that Hundley kid.
Jax @ Indy – I trust neither Jags nor Colts.
AZ Cards @ LA Rams – (London) Twickenham Tea & Crumpets, anyone?
NY Jets @ Fins – Am I gonna hate myself later?
Ravens @ Vikings – I trust neither Ravens nor Vikings...

(Later Games):
Dallas @ SF 49ers – Yo! Dakkenzeke over Santa Clara
Squawks @ Eli – Eli seems to be a nice guy.
Cincy @ Steelers – I trust neither Bengals nor Steelers…
Denver @ LA Bolts – Difficult to trust Broncos, but I’ll try

(Evening Game):
Atlanta @ NE Patriots – Yep! Brady & the Bunch.

Monday Oct 23:
Redskins @ Eagles – Carson W in Wentzylvania!

Old 10-19-2017, 12:33 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
I'll take the Chiefs over the Raiders tonight.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Last week: 6-8
Overall: 50-41

Chiefs @ Raiders. I can make a pro and a con for each team as to why they should win & should lose, so I'm going to do something I don't think I have EVER done in my 3 or 4 years picking, which I will get to in a minute. Pro reason for the Chiefs: Up until last week they looked like the best team in football, and dating back to last October they have only twice.....both times to the Steelers. Con reason for the Chiefs: They are coming off a loss, and going on the road in a short week. And even at 5-1 they aren't exactly blowing teams out (though not like anyone in the NFL is this year though). They needed late scores to beat the Eagles & Redskins. Con reason for the Raiders: This team just isn't that good. Crabtree & Carr are hurt, the lines stink, Cooper can't catch a cold, they did nothing to improve their team in the offseason, and they were lucky they got the 2 wins when they did: If they play @ the Titans again right now they probably lose, and the second win was against the Jets. They probably beat the Jets again, but if they play them right now the Jets at least have confidence coming off 3 straight wins and without a terrible rule, they very well could have beaten the Patriots or at worst taken them to overtime. So, even that would debatable here in week 7. Pro reason for the Raiders: I said this last week about the Raiders, but this might be it for the Raiders. They got a mulligan thrown for them Sunday with the Chiefs & Broncos both losing, but this is a team in bad shape. Lose this game, and at past the halfway point of their season they are 2-5 overall, 0-3 in the division, and still sitting in last place. So, this game has got to be a must win for the Raiders. I'd like the Chiefs a lot better at home, but in Oakland I see this as a coin flip, and that's exactly what I'm going to do; bring up my coin flip up, pick the Chiefs as tails just because tails never fails, and see what happens.....and it comes up heads so Raiders is my pick

Old 10-19-2017, 12:59 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Bills
Bears
Titans
Saints
Jaguars
Cardinals
Dolphins
Vikings
Cowboys
Seahawks
Steelers
Broncos
Falcons
Eagles
You didn't pick the Chiefs/Raiders game tonight Calico unless you picked it earlier in the thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football