Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 03:21 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times

Advertisements

I think I'll definitely try it this week Colt. If I can finish better than 8-7 I might just be doing the coin flip from now one.
if I finish 7-8 or worse I'll try a different method next week: picking team I think lose. Hey, whatever it takes to improve your dismal pick record, right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 03:26 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I think I'll definitely try it this week Colt. If I can finish better than 8-7 I might just be doing the coin flip from now one.
if I finish 7-8 or worse I'll try a different method next week: picking team I think lose. Hey, whatever it takes to improve your dismal pick record, right??
Couldn't be much worse than the past few weeks we've just experienced!

Old 10-20-2017, 03:31 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
The CAT picked Thursday night right ? WOW

Old 10-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
The CAT picked Thursday night right ? WOW
Cat Man, you are the Dude!
You are the Swami extraordinaire!
You are the Jedi Master! You are Yoda and OB1 rolled into one!
You're the prognosticator of all prognosticators!

You have caused a great disturbance in the FORCE!

Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Chiefs@ Raiders (TNF)
Panthers @ Bears
Jaguars @ Colts
Titans @ Browns
Bengals at Steelers
Seahawks @ Giants
Broncos @ Chargers
Saints @ Packers
Jets @ Dolphins
Cardinals @ Rams (in London)
Buccaneers @ Bills
Cowboys @ 49ers
Falcons @ Patriots (SNF)
Redskins @ Eagles (MNF)

Last week: 6-8
Season: 52-39

Old 10-21-2017, 07:59 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Here’s my resume so far:

Week 1: 9-6
Week 2: 13-3
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 6-8
Total: 52-39

I’ve already missed on the Chiefs @ Raiders, so 0-1 to start what will doubtless be another glorious week!

Buccaneers @ Bills: Bills
Panthers @ Bears: Panthers
Titans @ Browns: Titans
Saints @ Packers: Saints (loss of AR is a cataclysmic shift in the NFC balance of power.)
Jaguars @ Colts: Jaguars
Cardinals @ Rams: Rams (London game: another explanation for the league’s declining piopularity.)
Jets @ Dolphins: Dolphins
Ravens @ Vikings: Vikings
Cowboys @ 49ers: Cowboys
Bengals @ Steelers: Steelers
Broncos @ Chargers: Chargers
Seahawks @ Giants: Seahawks
Falcons @ Patriots: Patriots
Redskins @ Eagles: Eagles

Old 10-21-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Last week: 6-8
Overall: 50-41

Chiefs @ Raiders. I can make a pro and a con for each team as to why they should win & should lose, so I'm going to do something I don't think I have EVER done in my 3 or 4 years picking, which I will get to in a minute. Pro reason for the Chiefs: Up until last week they looked like the best team in football, and dating back to last October they have only twice.....both times to the Steelers. Con reason for the Chiefs: They are coming off a loss, and going on the road in a short week. And even at 5-1 they aren't exactly blowing teams out (though not like anyone in the NFL is this year though). They needed late scores to beat the Eagles & Redskins. Con reason for the Raiders: This team just isn't that good. Crabtree & Carr are hurt, the lines stink, Cooper can't catch a cold, they did nothing to improve their team in the offseason, and they were lucky they got the 2 wins when they did: If they play @ the Titans again right now they probably lose, and the second win was against the Jets. They probably beat the Jets again, but if they play them right now the Jets at least have confidence coming off 3 straight wins and without a terrible rule, they very well could have beaten the Patriots or at worst taken them to overtime. So, even that would debatable here in week 7. Pro reason for the Raiders: I said this last week about the Raiders, but this might be it for the Raiders. They got a mulligan thrown for them Sunday with the Chiefs & Broncos both losing, but this is a team in bad shape. Lose this game, and at past the halfway point of their season they are 2-5 overall, 0-3 in the division, and still sitting in last place. So, this game has got to be a must win for the Raiders. I'd like the Chiefs a lot better at home, but in Oakland I see this as a coin flip, and that's exactly what I'm going to do; bring up my coin flip up, pick the Chiefs as tails just because tails never fails, and see what happens.....and it comes up heads so Raiders is my pick
After George won the Thursday night game for me, we will be flipping a coin for all other 14 games this week. Road teams will be tails.
Ravens @ Vikings. I think Minnesota wins, but the English Queen (I'm using a pound dollar) says pick the Ravens and that's who I'll pick.
Bucs @ Bills. Bills at home says the Queen.
Panthers @ Bears. Bears at home says the Queen. Yikes, I'm not liking this at all
Titans @ Browns. Another flip where the Queen says pick the home team so the winless Brownies it is I guess...
Saints @ Packers. That's 4 flips in a row that have come up heads, so the Packers with Hundley it is.
Jags @ Colts. Finally a tails! Since tails never fails, Jags is the pick.
Rams vs. Cards (Bloody London!) Right in the Queens backyard so obviously I will pick the Cards who I listed as 2nd at this neutral site even though the Cards will be "road" team.
Jets @ Dolphins. Dolphins it is as heads has come up in 6 of the 8 games we have flipped so far.
Cowboys @ Niners. 8 of 10 for heads so the Queen says pick the Niners. I don't want to, but I'll listen to the Queen.
Seahawks @ Giants. 9 of 11 for heads as the Queen thinks the Seahawks don't travel well so to pick the Giants.
Bengals @ Steelers. Another tails. The Queen doesn't watch much football she watches that "other" futbol, but what she does know is the Bengals choke in the playoffs, but she thinks this is still the regular season, so to roll with the Bengals.
Broncos @ Chargers. Still haven't had 2 straight tails as 10 of 13 have come out heads including the Thursday night game. That means Chargers it is.
Falcons @ Patriots. One of the only football games the Queen watched last year so she'll pick the team looking for revenge and that is the Falcons.
Redskins @ Eagles. Back-to-back tails, so that means Redskins.
Byes: Texans @ Lions. The Queen likes Deshaun Watson more than Matthew Stafford.

Old 10-21-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
After George won the Thursday night game for me, we will be flipping a coin for all other 14 games this week. Road teams will be tails.
Ravens @ Vikings. I think Minnesota wins, but the English Queen (I'm using a pound dollar) says pick the Ravens and that's who I'll pick.
Bucs @ Bills. Bills at home says the Queen.
Panthers @ Bears. Bears at home says the Queen. Yikes, I'm not liking this at all
Titans @ Browns. Another flip where the Queen says pick the home team so the winless Brownies it is I guess...
Saints @ Packers. That's 4 flips in a row that have come up heads, so the Packers with Hundley it is.
Jags @ Colts. Finally a tails! Since tails never fails, Jags is the pick.
Rams vs. Cards (Bloody London!) Right in the Queens backyard so obviously I will pick the Cards who I listed as 2nd at this neutral site even though the Cards will be "road" team.
Jets @ Dolphins. Dolphins it is as heads has come up in 6 of the 8 games we have flipped so far.
Cowboys @ Niners. 8 of 10 for heads so the Queen says pick the Niners. I don't want to, but I'll listen to the Queen.
Seahawks @ Giants. 9 of 11 for heads as the Queen thinks the Seahawks don't travel well so to pick the Giants.
Bengals @ Steelers. Another tails. The Queen doesn't watch much football she watches that "other" futbol, but what she does know is the Bengals choke in the playoffs, but she thinks this is still the regular season, so to roll with the Bengals.
Broncos @ Chargers. Still haven't had 2 straight tails as 10 of 13 have come out heads including the Thursday night game. That means Chargers it is.
Falcons @ Patriots. One of the only football games the Queen watched last year so she'll pick the team looking for revenge and that is the Falcons.
Redskins @ Eagles. Back-to-back tails, so that means Redskins.
Byes: Texans @ Lions. The Queen likes Deshaun Watson more than Matthew Stafford.
Wow, you're really doing this, Seven. More power to you, dude.

Here's hoping the Queen knows what she's doing! Anyway, I still believe we aren't doing much better with all of our weekly research and listening to biased experts!

Old 10-21-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Wow, you're really doing this, Seven. More power to you, dude.

Here's hoping the Queen knows what she's doing! Anyway, I still believe we aren't doing much better with all of our weekly research and listening to biased experts!

With how wacky this season has gone Colt, watch me go 13-2

Old 10-21-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
With how wacky this season has gone Colt, watch me go 13-2
Yep. Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football