U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 09:02 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,136 times

Advertisements

Since there was encouragement, I will continue
Now the rankings are based on records and stats but honestly, most rankings are arbitrary....who is playing best right now. The Chargers for example, are not the same Chargers that we saw in week 1 Nor are the Vikings...
I wanted to work the stats in more, but the question is which stats? over all points for and against? or total yards? or total yards and points?

In the end it was far easier just to make jokes about the teams and their situations in the league. More enjoyable to make fun of some of them too.

32 Cleveland Brownies Oh what sad says in Cleveland First the Indians make a quick exit from the MLB playoffs, now the Cavaliers have to contend with increased pressure from the NBA East......So what to do in CLeveland? This weekend, drive down to Akron to the Heritage Farms pumpkin festival. Will be far more entertaining than watching another Brown disaster.

31 San Francisco 0and6ers Hard to imagine how close the team has come and not quite been able to win. Which translates to hard to imagine how many chances they have blown to Hades. Hopefully they will join the win column this week.

30 CHICAGO BEARS What can you say about the Bears that has not already been said about the Emoji Movie...."he execution isn't good enough " "Dismaying" "unimpressive" Hey those are lifted off actual reviews
https://www.google.com/search?q=The+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

29 Indianapolis Colts Like another bad horror movie that is anticipated all season but by Halloween it is played out and no one wants to watch it because their friends have lready told them how bad it really is

28 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS My local pick to win the division has disappointed a lot of people here in town, who were disappointed with Pirates of the Caribbean 8 The Smoking of Winston as well Bad coaching on this team BAD BAD COACHING

27 NY FOOTBALL GIANTS I see they won because in the NFL anybody can beat anybody on a given day. Check back in 5 weeks for another possible win.

26 PESKY RED BIRDS Which reminds me, Yard sale is Saturday

25 DALLAS COWBOYS
Speaking of poorly coached teams, this one should be the poster child of just that...... Or perhaps more the poster child of a big dysfunctional family, with Jerry Jones as the father, Jason Garrett as the redheaded Stepchild, and Rod Marinelli as the senile crazy forgetful uncle who pops in and has to be reminded of whats going on. Of course the supporting cast (the players) are including frequently suspended thugs, druggies, abusers, druggies, thieves, druggies..... Amazing that people like this but hey Keeping up with the Kardashians just got renewed for a new season too.

24 TIE RAIDERS, CHARGERS Wonder sometimes if the game is not rigged ?

22 CINCINNATI BENGALS
Another one of the "We have talent and don;t always use it " grous, this team should be better than their record, but the reason they lose is simple: They let opponents score more than they do. (Figured that much out)

21 MY FINZ Still wondering what happened Sunday. (Due to people at our agency quitting, I had to work Sunday so I missed the game) We will see what happens back at home against hte next team on the list

20 NY JETS
Another team that is supposed ot be bad, but no one told them......

19 BALTIMORE RAVENS NEVERMORE

18 HOUSTON TEXANS A team that still packs a punch even without superstars

17 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS An inconstant team

16 TENNESSEE TITANS With Mariotta Thumbs up Without him thumbs down

15 DETRIOT "Rock City" LIONS Started off strong, need to get back to basics

14 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS here is hoping that they did not blow their entire allotment of points last week agasint the Lions

13 ATLANTA FALCONS Sadly, the Dirty Birds are stating to feel that Slump that hits a team after they lose the Big game

12 WASHINGTON REDSKINS
The only team that can possibly maybe perhaps conceivably challenge the Eagles in the NFC Least Maybe

11 DENVER BRONCOS I think they are coming down from that Rocky Mountain High that they had going early in the season

TOP TEN

10 BILL's BUFFALOES Another Case of a team that was not supposed to be good, but someone forgot to tell them about it.

9 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Pete Carroll will find a way to win, most of the time, and in the long run, so don;t write these feathered gulls off yet.

8 GREEN BAY PACKERS it will be a hard road to win without Rogers, but this is a team that overcomes.

7 LOS ANGELES RAMS If they had not lost 2 games, they would be undefeated, If they played the other 4 like they did in those 2, they would be winless As long as they show up and execute, they win.

6 CAMS PANTHERS Still a good team, but there is a huge difference between number 6 and number one on the list

5 PITTSBURGH STEELERS Another team that just cannot play constantly. I wonder if they get together on Monday and say "Hey we;re the 6 time Super Bowl champs Lets take this week off and come back and win the next few"

4 MEENAHSOHTAH VIKINGS A team that seems to be gelling and looking to make an impact They seem to have addressed the gaps they had early on

3 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Yes they cheat, bend the rules and who who knows what else, but they win.

2 Kansas City Chiefs Before you say "Oh wait they steelers....." stop there. The Steelers have not shown half the consistency the Chiefs have, and if they played again, the Steelers could go home with a loss.

1 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FLY HIGH Eagles THE NFC LEAST is YOURS... The NFC is too

I await your reply and opinions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 07:29 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Another fine job. However, all this Eagles hype is starting to make me nervous. The Eagles are being talked about like mad on the radio and TV and written about like crazy in the papers an online. I guess at this point it's deserved, it's tough to fly under the radar when you are 5-1. I'm going to be a basket case if they keep winning and people keep praising them. As a Eagles fan, you are always ready for the the bottom of the paper bag to get wet.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:54 PM

576 posts, read 760,786 times
KC Chiefs should still be #1. Philadelphia lost to KC at Arrowhead. NE should be further back in the top 10. Mostly agree with the others.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
KC Chiefs should still be #1.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:49 PM

576 posts, read 760,786 times
Funny, but we're talking power rankings before any games of the week are played. Philadelphia may very well be #1 in the rankings NEXT WEEK.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:24 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,837,594 times
I think we're gonna see that 1-2 punch of Philly & KC for a while. Of course, they'll switch back & forth barring any major misfortunes.

The NFC Norris division is a soap opera this year so far....let's hope it's worth watching. My Lions are assuming the role of the hot chick of a rich daddy that can't seem to do anything right, but comes home late with a good excuse. A blowout loss will uncover the real Lions, and that hot chick will look like a drunken hoe.

Minny is playin' tough lately and will give it a go for a while. The Thanksgiving game could be very meaningful for them.

The Pack might be too beat up to do much this year.....but not to worry. They'll still be entertaining. At the very least, they'll spoil someone's good time. The season is still young, so I wouldn't be betting hard earned cash on GB losing.

Heh. Da Bears are just good enough to beat the Lions twice. I can't knock them......many of them are millionaires.

And I'm not.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Picking and ranking the teams is like picking the winners, of which I have a just barely winning record so far this year

As I have said in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day. There are too many variables in the pro game and while the players are pros, they are still only human. Not perfect, good, human, prone to mistakes now and then. (Some of us more than others it would seem)

As long as you get entertained by the game, by my picks, by my power rankings and of course, when your team wins, regardless of who it is, all is well in the Cat's world.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:54 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,867,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Picking and ranking the teams is like picking the winners, of which I have a just barely winning record so far this year

As I have said in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day. There are too many variables in the pro game and while the players are pros, they are still only human. Not perfect, good, human, prone to mistakes now and then. (Some of us more than others it would seem)

As long as you get entertained by the game, by my picks, by my power rankings and of course, when your team wins, regardless of who it is, all is well in the Cat's world.
you need to insert the word "world", or "global", into the ranking's title somewhere for your rankings to get the proper recognition that they deserve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football