U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:07 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,922,177 times

Advertisements

Week 7: 11-4
Season: 62-44

Bye
  • Arizona Cardinals (3-4; third, NFC West)
  • Green Bay Packers (4-3; second, NFC North)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3; second, AFC South)
  • Los Angeles Rams (5-2; first, NFC West)
  • New York Giants (1-6; fourth, NFC East)
  • Tennessee Titans (4-3; first, AFC South)
Miami Dolphins (4-2) at Baltimore Ravens (3-4)

The Dolphins and the Ravens are playing unpredictable football. I do not know which team will show up to play and to win.

Minnesota Vikings (5-2) at Cleveland Browns (0-7)

Atlanta Falcons (3-3) at New York Jets (3-4)

Carolina Panthers (4-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4)

The Panthers will win a game when their offensive line shows up to make plays in the end zone that produce them points for a win.

San Francisco 49ers (0-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (6-1)

Chicago Bears (3-4) at New Orleans Saints (4-2)

The Bears pulled off a surprise against the Carolina Panthers last week. They are yet to prove they can play football.

The Saints are pulling off a surprise also. They are defeating teams that should have defeated them.

Los Angeles Chargers (3-4) at New England Patriots (5-2)

Oakland Raiders (3-4) at Buffalo Bills (4-2)

Indianapolis Colts (2-5) at Cincinnati Bengals (2-4)

Houston Texans (3-3) at Seattle Seahawks (4-2)

Dallas Cowboys (3-3) at Washington Redskins (3-3)

Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) at Detroit Lions (3-3)

Denver Broncos (3-3) at Kansas City Chiefs (5-2)

The Chiefs could win games if they disengage heads out of their rear ends and play football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:26 AM

689 posts, read 338,017 times
Miami @ Baltimore ..... hard to predict this one but I think Ravens will win. Fins had lots of setbacks and donno if they can pull this out.
Cleveland vs. Minnesota
Oakland @ Buffalo
Indianapolis @ Cincinnati ...another hard one
LA Chargers @ New England
Chicago @ New Orleans
Atlanta @ NY Jets
San Francisco @ Philly ...Would like 49ers to make things easier for the Boys but Eagles should win convincingly.
Carolina @ Tampa Bay ...can go either way
Houston @ Seattle
Dallas @ Washington ...should be good game and hope Boys pull thru.
Pittsburgh @ Detroit ...Steelers due for a couple of unexpected let downs and this could be one
Denver @ Kansas City ...Broncos O and Siemien struggling and putting D in bad positions...Chiefs should get back to winning

Old 10-25-2017, 01:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,057,271 times
Overall Record: 64-42

Miami @ Baltimore-You can pencil me in for 0-1 here. I'm 1-6 picking Thursday Night Football games this season. This pick is more of an indictment of the Ravens than praise for the Fins. Miami is still awful, but I think they're going to do much better with Matt Moore under center than they did with Cutler.

Cleveland vs. Minnesota-Oh bloody bullocks! More breakfast buffoonery. I thought the whole idea of the London series was to acquire new fans from across the pond. Why would they send one of the worst teams? I actually feel bad for the fans who make the pilgrimage to Twickenham to watch this snoozer. Case Keenum vs the Browns is one of the worst matchups I can think of. I realize that anything can happen in another continent, but the smart pick is the Viqueens here. Yes, I know they're 5-2, but I'm still not sold on them yet.

Oakland @ Buffalo-Yes, Buffalo's defense is stellar and they're undefeated at the Ralph this season, but I think the Raiders will find a way to eke out wins the next 2 weeks to gain momentum for their big matchup against the Patriots in Meixco D.F. in Week 10. While Marshawn Lynch probably would've liked to face his old team, I don't think his absence will hurt the Raiders here. He wasn't going to be able to do anything against the Bills rushing defense and the Raiders will be much better off relying on Derek Carr airing it out. Bills are still a mediocre football team that's destined for another 9-7 season, so they will lose games like this.

Indianapolis @ Cincinnati-No, the Colts aren't the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL. They proved that my beating my Niners and the Browns, who are both competing for biggest dumpster fire. However, they are firmly in the 30th spot in my power rankings. I don't think even Cincy can screw up this easy win.

LA Chargers @ New England-Yeah, the Carson Chargers have won 3 in a row, but does anybody care other than their 5 fans? I will go with the cheaters, deflaters, and rulebenders who have Brady and Belichick on their side.

Chicago @ New Orleans-Da Bears are actually playing well, but I like the Saints to beat them in Nawlins as Drew Brees outduels Trubisky.

Atlanta @ NY Jets-Falcons are really struggling right now, but there's not many better slumpbusters than a trip to the Meadowlands this season.

San Francisco @ Philly-Hmmm....Let's see. The best team in football vs the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL. I'll go out on a limb and pick the Eagles in my gimme of the week. I won't even try to pontificate a scenario where the Niners can win this. It's not going to happen.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay-I can't figure out Carolina (or most teams in the league for that matter), but I think Cam Newton will exploit the Bucs weak secondary and smoke a Winston!

Houston @ Seattle-I love this DeShaun Watson kid more than anyone, but I can't imagine them going into the Link and winning this. I was surprised how many have picked Houston so far. Maybe y'all know something I don't.

Dallas @ Washington-Does anybody do more with less than Kirk Cousins? It seems like he has the weakest receiving core in the league. Yes, he has Jordan Reed, but the Terrelle Pryor experiment has been an epic fail. Yet this guy still manages over 300 yards most games. Like every week this is just a wishful thinking and throwaway pick since I can't pick the Cowboys.

Pittsburgh @ Detroit-Steelers are sitting pretty are 5-2. Considering the weak AFC North and the Packers are without Rodgers, this game will be their toughest challenge until they meet the Patriots in Week 15. I think they will run the table until then and their game against New England will decide who gets homefield advantage. They won their last 7 regular season games last year, so they are prone to getting hot and rolling with it. Lions have a bunch of injuries right now. This game will be close though. I look forward to watching it. I always get the Lions game where I live and my favorite part is the plethora of Jim Bob Cooter references. Jim Bob Cooter is my favorite football name of all time and it always elicits a chuckle.

Denver @ Kansas City-The NFL sure is a topsy turvy league. Both Broncos and Chiefs came out of the gate looking tough and have struggled lately. While I still think the Chiefs are the class of the NFL, I'm officially off the Trevor Siemian bandwagon. You can't win if you can't score and I think the Chiefs will right the ship at Arrowhead and resume their winning ways.

Last edited by maniac77; 10-25-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 02:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times
Default WEEK 8 The Cat's Picks

SO last week, the teams that I picked won, while the prior week, most of them lost. Which shows how the NFL works. And how well I pick. This week, in London, we will see a continuation of the scoreless trend perhaps? Maybe the Browns will be the ones who have their points confiscated by London Customs. Either way, the peasants need to revolt against King Goodell and stop the London games. If the British love American football so much, then let them have their own league.

So on to the picks

MY Finz at RAVENS The two worst defenses in the NFL meet on Thursday night. Since we are near Halloween, and since the team fro Baltimore is named after my favorite Edgar Allen Poe work, I will say NEVERMORE for my FINZ and give this one to the Ravens ground attack.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

VIKINGS at Browns in LONDON What would it take to get King Goodell to stop all this balderdash about seasonal games in London ? A strike? A revolt? A petition? think about this
602 years ago today, the British under King Henry the 5th (Henry V ) defeated a larger force of Frenchmen in the fields of Agincourt France. No game day speech will inspire the Browns such as this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
BUT I would hope someday to see a heard of British storming King Goodell's office saying " NO MORE NO MORE ! Send us not crappy teams like the Browns and tell us it is football. " I'll sleep late Sunday.

================================================== ===========

Falcons at JETS Statistically, the Dirty Birds have the advantage, which as we have seen this season means nothing to the teams of the NFL. The JETS were supposed to be really really bad and they are not that bad.

Panthers at BUCCANEERS Arrrrr. After watching some of the home town Pirates play I am convinced that the problem is NOT jasies Winston, the offense or even the special teams. It is the coaches. I would blame the coach, the Captain of the ship, for sending in bad calls, designing plays that don;t match the talent on the field, and for not giving Young Winston the experience and coaching in how to read defenses.
Still, Cam is suffering from some really bad oral tinea pedis after his last two games so look for the home team to sail back to victory. Arrrrrr.

49ers at EAGLES Rout of the week. The Eagles would fly high, not sure they will stomp out the dumpster fire altogether, but they should win at home.

Bears at SAINTS The Bears rank higher in defense, way way lower in offense, and the Saints are at home.

Chargers at PATRIOTS I did not realize that the Patriots had the last ranked defense and the forst ranked offense. Explains why my fantasy team stinks.

RAIDERS at Buffaloes Not sure what to make of this. The Raiders have to keep working and the Buffaloes barely won Time for a visiting team to win

Colts at BENGALS Crummy game of the week (or the weak)

Texans at SEAGULLS I sure want to take the Seagulls at home

Cowboys at REDSKINS so the Cowboys have won 3 and lost 3 and who did they beat? The Giants, the 49ers, both bottom ten teams and the Pesky red birds, another bottom ten team.

STEELERS at Lions Seems like the Steelers like to go on the road and take the week off against teams like the Bears. I would not be the least bit surprised if the Cats won.

Monday Night
Broncos at CHIEFS Can the Broncos D stop the Chiefs in Arrowhead? I don;t think so. No Rocky Mountain High here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bye Pesky Red Birds , Jaguars, Packers , Giants, Rams, Titans I'll say that the Rams have turned it around, are ranked high in everyone else's power rankings, and still need to go back to the Roman Gabriel era uniforms That being said, I hope the week off does not hurt them. It cannot hurt the Giants or Pesky Red Birds, they have little room to falter anyway. Hope Bruce Arians remembers his blood pressure meds. The PACKERS can spend the week working out Brett Farve for his return next week.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

I took my broken vacuum cleaner back to the store. They put a Chargers jersey on it and now it sucks again.

Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Give me Miami over Baltimore Thursday. And Minnesota over Cleveland across the pond for the early morning game Sunday.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:49 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,895,416 times
Miami @ Baltimore

Will get the rest in later.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:39 AM

634 posts, read 470,254 times
Miami @ Baltimore.
Cleveland vs. Minnesota
Oakland @ Buffalo.
Indianapolis @ Cincinnati.
LA Chargers @ New England.
Chicago @ New Orleans.
Atlanta @ NY Jets.
San Francisco @ Philly.
Carolina @ Tampa Bay.
Houston @ Seattle.
Dallas @ Washington.
Pittsburgh @ Detroit.
Denver @ Kansas City.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:51 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,895,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

Vikings @ Browns: Vikings. This London game kicks off at 0630 Pacific time. And the league wonders why ratings are declining.
I don't get why you feel this would bring ratings down. Personally, I'm up by 6am PST every day, and I love being able to watch a game right away on Sunday morning with a cup of delicious coffee. Once the morning bunch of games start there are 6-8 on all at the same time. Can't watch all of them at the same time (that's what Red Zone is for). So, to me, having a London game is like another Thursday or Monday night football.

Now, if we're talking about fairness to the players, teams, and their fans (due to travel and losing a home game), that is a different story. The only real benefit for me is when the London game is played in that morning time slot. Like last weeks game with the Rams and Cards was pointless. If Goodell wants to continue pimping the NFL to Britain that's fine, but there has to remain a benefit to US viewers.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:56 AM

21,318 posts, read 21,877,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I don't get why you feel this would bring ratings down. Personally, I'm up by 6am PST every day, and I love being able to watch a game right away on Sunday morning with a cup of delicious coffee. Once the morning bunch of games start there are 6-8 on all at the same time. Can't watch all of them at the same time (that's what Red Zone is for). So, to me, having a London game is like another Thursday or Monday night football.

Now, if we're talking about fairness to the players, teams, and their fans (due to travel and losing a home game), that is a different story. The only real benefit for me is when the London game is played in that morning time slot. Like last weeks game with the Rams and Cards was pointless. If Goodell wants to continue pimping the NFL to Britain that's fine, but there has to remain a benefit to US viewers.
in the case of Min @ Cleveland @ Twickenham, the Browns will enjoy an increase in revenue and a bump of close to 20% over what is currently showing up for their home games this season.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:18 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
Dolphins
Vikings
Bills
Bengals
Patriots
Saints
Falcons
Eagles
Bucs
Texans
Cowboys
Steelers
Chiefs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football