U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,275,552 times
Reputation: 1422

Advertisements

McAdoo is gone for the Giants. Steve Spagnuolo has been named interim head coach. This will be interesting to see how well he does. He never should have coached the Rams in the first place because of how undisciplined the Rams were when Spagnuolo was there.

Jerry Reese the GM for the Giants is gone as well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...Adoo-111715567

I'm going to continue to list Pagano, Jackson, and Koetter for sure. The Buccaneers might show Koetter the door as well.

I did not understand the decision to hire Hue Jackson as Browns head coach. Jimmy Haslam has been the problem for the Browns ever since he bought the team.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 12-04-2017 at 10:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2017, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,967 posts, read 2,522,436 times
Reputation: 1658
I dont expect anything noteworthy with Spags as HC. The organization loves him, but I really dont think he will get the interim tag removed at the end of the season. If the Giants really want a clean break, he is out as well at the end of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
20,016 posts, read 19,075,991 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I did not understand the decision to hire Hue Jackson as Browns head coach. Jimmy Haslam has been the problem for the Browns ever since he bought the team.
If Haslam disengages his head from his rear end and opens the checkbook, he may be able to acquire better personnel in the front office, on the coaching staff, and on the roster. No one wants to play for the Browns. The Browns have been perpetual losers. Haslam has failed to change direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
20,016 posts, read 19,075,991 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I dont expect anything noteworthy with Spags as HC. The organization loves him, but I really dont think he will get the interim tag removed at the end of the season. If the Giants really want a clean break, he is out as well at the end of the season.
The Giants will be a different team after this season. They will have a new general manager, a new head coach, and Eli Manning's successor as their staring quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,670 posts, read 33,551,715 times
Reputation: 32443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
McAdoo is gone for the Giants. Steve Spagnuolo has been named interim head coach. This will be interesting to see how well he does. He never should have coached the Rams in the first place because of how undisciplined the Rams were when Spagnuolo was there.

Jerry Reese the GM for the Giants is gone as well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...Adoo-111715567

I'm going to continue to list Pagano, Jackson, and Koetter for sure. The Buccaneers might show Koetter the door as well.

I did not understand the decision to hire Hue Jackson as Browns head coach. Jimmy Haslam has been the problem for the Browns ever since he bought the team.
Hue had some juice since he appeared to be getting through to Andy Dalton plus the coaching tree in Cincinnati produced fruit like Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer, so it was a sound hire at the time by all appearances. I think Hue is not the problem in Cleveland but the team is not progressing so I think you have to fire him. Hue should problem stay in his lane and be a coordinator.

I actually think the Bengals should have promoted Hue to coach and fired Marvin a couple of years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 11:49 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
20,016 posts, read 19,075,991 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The Giants error wasn't firing Tom Coughlin, it was not clearing the house and making Tom the ONLY scapegoat. McAdoo should not have been a head coach. If you are gonna start over, wipe the house CLEAN.
For the Giants, cleaning the house comes two years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2017, 11:51 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
20,016 posts, read 19,075,991 times
Reputation: 5289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
If they collapse and miss the playoffs the he has likely worn out his welcome in K.C. But he'll get another job in a split second if he wants another. He's this generations Marty Schottenheimer.
The Chiefs have collapsed. Missing the playoffs is dependent on losing out while the Raiders and the Chargers win out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,316,438 times
Reputation: 14611
NFL hot seat rankings: Who's next to follow Ben McAdoo to unemployment line?


https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...doo/925430001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 06:21 PM
 
15,444 posts, read 5,287,422 times
Reputation: 5942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Giants will be a different team after this season. They will have a new general manager, a new head coach, and Eli Manning's successor as their staring quarterback.
Only if Eli decides he doesn't want to stay.Make no mistake the call is all Eli's now after this screw up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 10:35 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
20,016 posts, read 19,075,991 times
Reputation: 5289
Eli Manning's options are to stay with the Giants for a rebuild and groom his successor, or finish his career with a postseason contender and win another Super Bowl championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top