U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 12:22 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,465,447 times

Advertisements

Marvin Lewis has often been called the Susan Lucci of playoffs. Now he’s the Susan Lucci of unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 02:50 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
I wish Jason Garrett was on the hot seat.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:23 PM

23,631 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I can't see the Browns showing any improvement no matter who the coach is. Bill Belichick won't last two years being a coach of the worst franchise in football.
I think this may be just crazy, but I would hire Marvin Lewis if I was the Browns. If you remember the Bengals were the Browns before he got there and he brought them into revelancy.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:17 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Pagano for sure. I also go for the Buccaneers' head coach (whatever his name is), Marvin Lewis, and Hue Jackson.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:36 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,257,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Who's on it?

I nominate Bucs' Dirk Koetter.

Peter Principle. Never should have gotten the job in the first place. We in Tampa are on a coaching carousel. Raheem Morris, Greg Schiano, Lovie Smith, and now Dirk.

We've got some good players - can't see why this team is struggling.

QB is a little flaky on the field. Defense isn't mean enough.

Gotta think the HC is the problem. This team, with these players, would win under a decent HC.
The Buccaneers have gone downhill since they fired Lovie Smith. Same situation with the Bears. When they fired Lovie Smith, they have gone down the wrong path.

I also want to add Todd Bowles of the Jets and John Fox of the Bears as well on the coaches hot seats.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 10-31-2017 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-01-2017, 01:08 AM

689 posts, read 338,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Agree but that's not gonna happen in near future. Its always gonna be a reason for him.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:19 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,928,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
The Buccaneers have gone downhill since they fired Lovie Smith. Same situation with the Bears. When they fired Lovie Smith, they have gone down the wrong path.

I also want to add Todd Bowles of the Jets and John Fox of the Bears as well on the coaches hot seats.
John Fox should have been fired last season also. He has not done anything for the Bears, who have preexisting problems of their own. He is good at knowing the game. He is a mediocre head coach. His teams have gone from good to trash during his tenures with the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.

The Jets are no surprise.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:22 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,928,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Agree but that's not gonna happen in near future. Its always gonna be a reason for him.
The Cowboys have returned to winning. They do not have an overrated pom pom waver, now in a broadcast booth, responsible for losing.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:18 PM

929 posts, read 296,392 times
Pagano, I'm shocked is still around in Indy. In addition, Jason Garrett and Jay Gruden are terrible; easy to pick on the guys with bad records, but there are many parts to making it click; I don't care if their records don't indicate it, Gruden and Garrett are as bad as they come.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:53 AM

1,578 posts, read 982,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Marvin Lewis..
It kills me how Lewis flies under the radar every year, with little to no (heavy) criticism. He's in his 15th year in Cincy with zero playoff wins.. No other (active) head coach is close to that level of playoff futility.

The defense of Lewis is usually- It could be worse,.. at least he's getting to the playoffs. But that's a low standard, accepting years of first round exits. He seems untouchable, and has an unambitious front office. Understood, it's only a game, but.. I feel for the city, they're a good fan base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football