U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 10:23 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times

Advertisements

Buffalo @ NY Jets (I have no idea who won)
Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams @ NY Giants
Denver Broncos @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
Arizona @ San Francisco
Washington @ Seattle
Kansas City @ Dallas
Oakland @ Miami
Detroit @ Green Bay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,127,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Oh boy! I think I might have to change my pick to the Saints. I still think the Texans can beat the pathetic Colts, but I'm not sure I want to take that chance now. I'm really sorry to hear about Watson.
The Texans should still have a shot against the inconsistent Colts, however being that it's an AFC South matchup, it may mean more to both teams. We'll see!

And then there's the Zeke Elliott roller coaster...

Personally, I'll just do as I always do and just stick with my week's picks and ride out all of the injury/suspension (etc) noise regardless. Changing things sometimes could mess me up as well!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:27 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,179,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Texans should still have a shot against the inconsistent Colts, however being that it's an AFC South matchup, it may mean more to both teams. We'll see!

And then there's the Zeke Elliott roller coaster...

Personally, I'll just do as I always do and just stick with my week's picks and ride out all of the injury/suspension (etc) noise regardless. Changing things sometimes could mess me up as well!
Yes, me too normally. I'm still staying with the Texans as my pick to win, but changed my survivor pool to the Saints. I can't take a chance with the Texans. This survivor pool has a huge pot.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:30 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,127,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Yes, me too normally. I'm still staying with the Texans as my pick to win, but changed my survivor pool to the Saints. I can't take a chance with the Texans. This survivor pool has a huge pot.
That's understandable.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:54 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Sorry Butcher, but I saw that coming for the Bills from 3,000 miles away. If only the rest of the picks this week could be as easy as that was??

Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,976,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I'm definitely expecting a win but who knows. Anything could happen.
Yes, anything can happen in the NFL What got me was how the Jets almost went on ahead and quit before the game ended....Your Buffaloes started a stampeded late, moving the ball at will.......almost like the Jets had already been pushed into the Hanger for the night.
At least I picked ONE right for the week. The way this season has been going, that may be good.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:44 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Sorry Butcher, but I saw that coming for the Bills from 3,000 miles away. If only the rest of the picks this week could be as easy as that was??
This has been a different team on the road. The Bills are 4-0 this season playing in Buffalo. The offense especially has some brutal showings away from Orchard Park. The Saints are on tap next. I expect a much better offensive performance. A result probably similar to the Bills vs Bucs game a few weeks back where one of the teams will have a chance to win it in the final minutes.

The sad thing is, until proven otherwise, the Bills can not get over the 5 win hump. This is the third time in the 17 year drought they have started 5-1 or 5-2 and have failed to push their record to 6 wins through 8 games. I don't believe they have ever had 6 wins through 9 games either during the drought so if they do manage to come out of the Saints game at 6-3 they still can possibly claim to have turned the page on the previous dreadful Bills teams of the last 17 years.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM

10,684 posts, read 11,093,104 times
^ I’d love to see the Bills break that playoff drought this year. Not at the expense of the Broncos of course but with the way the Broncos have raised offensive ineptitude to an art form this year they likely won’t be in the playoff discussion either way. Since their last playoff appearence the Bills have had a couple 9-7 seasons but neither were good enough to get into the playoffs. Maybe this is the year they get over the hump and get 10+ wins and into the playoffs. They’re an intriguing team to watch right now, but you make some valid observations about why you’re not getting too excited too quickly.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:51 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,495,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
10-3 last week; 67-52 overall for the season.

Bills @ Jets. I go back to what I said in the Bills/Bengals matchup a few weeks back: "I just can't trust the Bills because every time they start to play well, they have 2 or 3 straight complete dud games." I think this is another one of those dud games they are known to have, much like the Bengals game was. Also, Jets are really playing well. I believe they only lost the first game in Buffalo by like a touchdown and that was back in week 1 when they were expected to be a dumpster fire. Sure, the results haven't been there in the win column, but Todd Bowles has had them in games against teams as good as the Bills: Patriots, played with them the whole game, Falcons last week stayed with them. Jets get the win.

As usual, I'll get the rest in on Saturday. And Hallelujah to no more London games for this season

Ravens @ Titans. Defense & special teams will keep the Ravens in this, and the difference could very well be the kicker Justin Tucker.
Colts @ Texans. Texans even without Watson. Colts need to completely do a rebuild this offseason.
Bucs @ Saints. Saints should win this easily.
LA Rams @ punchless Giants. Why do I have a funny feeling the Giants are going to win?? Maybe because it's the motto of the 2017 NFL season" "Expect the unexpected."
Broncos @ Eagles. Eagles at home, but I think this will be a touchdown game into the 4th quarter.
Falcons @ Panthers. Both of these teams have been so inconsistent who knows what to expect from either of them. I'll take a gamble on the Falcons who are the better team.
Bengals @ Jags. Which quarterback is most likely to play a game in the playoffs THIS season?? Blake Bortles (Jags), Brett Hundley (Packers), Carson Palmer (Arizona), or Tom Savage (Houston). Jags defense wins this.
Cards @ Niners. Woof! Niners actually have a good chance but I just can't pick an 0-8 team. Cards playoff hopes are probably already on life support as it is, but they would be taken off of life support if they lose to the Niners.
Redskins @ Seahawks. Redskins aren't going to be able to put up enough points.
Chiefs @ Cowboys. Chiefs defense is horrible, but can we please get an end to this Elliot suspension/no suspension yo-yo?? Make up your damn minds already!!
Raiders @ Dolphins. Yikes, what a terrible game! Dolphins were embarrassed the last time they were on national TV just last week, and in the 10 days since traded away their best offensive player. Not good.
Lions @ Packers. Lions have been struggling badly. I'll take Hundley in the upset at home at Lambeau where the Lions have only won what, once in the last 27 years?? Remember the game about 6 years ago the final week of the season where Matt Flynn put up 5 touchdowns on the Lions??

Byes: Teething Bears, clown show Brownies, Purple people eaters, ageless Brady, the Pittsburgh squeelers & the homeless Chargers. Purple people eaters will declaw the Bears, and make Brady look vulnerable.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:33 PM

434 posts, read 249,479 times
Buffalo @ NY Jets (picked earlier this week)
Baltimore @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Los Angeles Rams @ NY Giants
Denver Broncos @ Philadelphia
Atlanta @ Carolina
Cincinnati @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ Houston
Arizona @ San Francisco
Washington @ Seattle
Kansas City @ Dallas
Oakland @ Miami
Detroit @ Green Bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football