U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 05:40 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,553,483 times

Advertisements

Still too bad about Rodgers, Packers will miss the playoffs first time since 2008. NFC North would be the Packers IF he was playing, North teams have a shot now.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:20 AM

21,198 posts, read 30,396,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Still too bad about Rodgers, Packers will miss the playoffs first time since 2008. NFC North would be the Packers IF he was playing, North teams have a shot now.
That's pushing it quite a bit since the Vikings are clearly quite competitive, and were neck and neck in the division with the Packers before "the injury".

Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,977,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
just another disappointing season for the Bucs.....9-7 last season and thinking we'd have a better season #2 under Koetter, but so far it's been a joke.
I place the entire Blame on Koetter. He has the most talented young QB that is wasted in play calling. He has talent on defense that is used in the wrong schemes against the wrong types of offense.
I am not a fan of the local team but I wish them well, I am disappointed too as a local that they cannot be more like the Lightening.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am not ready yet to count the cowboys out, at 4-3 they are only 2.5 games behind the eagles, and they are 1 gaem behind the rest of the nfc wildcard teams. so at this point they are still right there for a wildcard spot, and they are improving.we shall see over their next three games what happens.
I think they are 8-8 quality material, over hyped and over marketed, but in a league where others fall to injury, they may look better than they are.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:18 AM

21,333 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's pushing it quite a bit since the Vikings are clearly quite competitive, and were neck and neck in the division with the Packers before "the injury".
sometimes hard to see thru cheddar smeared glasses, at least cheeseville gets to see what life will be like post Favre/Rogers

Old 11-04-2017, 12:16 PM

32,475 posts, read 26,356,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
i am not ready to count the packers out of the playoffs just yet. they are one game back of a wildcard slot, just like the cowboys, and you never know who will step up and make the big plays. remember when favre left? rodgers was considered a second rate QB at the time, but he did step up and replaced favre nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think they are 8-8 quality material, over hyped and over marketed, but in a league where others fall to injury, they may look better than they are.
you may be right, but i suspect that there is a better record in the cowboys than 8-8. 10-6 is not out of the realm of possibility, probably more like 9-7 right now. but we shall see what happens, this is why the games are played.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:47 PM

Default The Cat's take

Well, Rantiquity, since you ASKED :

Whose out:

American Conference:

CLEVELAND BROWNIES : First round draft pick Myles Garrett had his best college games against 3A schools which make up much of Texas A&Ms schedule. He struggled against teams like Alabama, LSU and Auburn. YET according to the media and the press, he was the best player there. This shows two thing: One, the smart directors like Belichick ignore the media rankings, and two, he may have been the best of a poor crop of picks.
CINCY BENGALS : They started like a snail out of the starting gate, and have struggled since. By the end of the season, when they finally get it together, it will be way too late

BALTIMORE RAVENS: There is only one word for this seasons team......wait for it........Nevermore......(Until next year)

Indianapolis Colts
: With a little Luck, things could turn around. Problem is, no luck around. No offense either.

HOUSTON TEXANS : If The king Goodell wanted to truly rig up the NFL, he should have the Texans win and then sell Hurricane Harvey stories for a profit. Which is low, but I would not put it past his majesty.

New York Jets: They were supposed to go 1-15 but someone did not tell them. 8-8 will exceed expectations and allow for a poor draft pick.

MY FINZ :They were out after week one when their first game got cancelled. Adam Gase is a piece of work ;"Uh, I don't know what's wrong with our offense we can't score" Hey Coach: SHUT UP. Want to know what's wrong? It has been pointed out time and time again. You have a second rate offensive line that could not protect Otto Graham in his Prime ! Remember, this was the same organization that made Bill Parcells walk away in frustration and disgust. The Organization is run like a cheap sleazy one ring circus. Without the funny clowns.

HOMELESS CHARGERS : I really do not like them. I really never have, which is why I always make jokes about them and enjoy when they lose. And In spite of the poor performance of the above mentioned team, I am having fun this season.

Denver Broncos: What happens when the Rocky Mountain High wears off? look no further than Mile High Stadium..........

BILL's BUFFALOES Just too inconsistent, has trouble on the road. Looks like all stars one week and then bumms the next.

Whose in:
OAKLAND RAIDERS: Season gets easier, including a road game against the Texans in Mexico's Estadio del Revengo de la Montezuma ! Probably be in the running for a while and after mexico, something else will be running too

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS : They have the talent but it will not be easy

EVIL PATRIOTS : Whether you dislikethem, or downright HATE them, they are a well run business and lessons could be learned, but won't because some owners/GMs are idiots when it comes to football (Ross, Jones, anyone named Glazer)

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS : Formulating a plan and sticking with it is far better than trying something different every year or two. Shahid Khan got that part right.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS : Nice to see an old school team at the top, even if they don;t play as they did in the 70's.

TENNESSEE TITANS : When Mariotta went after Winston, there was second guessing all around as to who would emerge as the premier QB. Thanks to coaching, Mariotta is out ahead.

National Conference:

San Clara 0 and 7ers : Like some Patriot Backup will do anything but endanger that much needed first round pick........

The PESKY RED BIRDS : I really find this group to be disappointeing. First, they make the Super Bowl, then they lose, then they spend years trying to get back, when it looks like they are all in, players start failing, then get hurt, then the coach has a stroke and has to be replaced then the players don;t want to be there anymore, and it is back to square one. Meanwhile, my son has no more interest in football OR the Pesky Red Birs and wants to change his decor. Problem is, I can only get 1% in resale of what I paid for Pesky Red Bird memorabilia,so I am out of $$

New York Football Giants: Eli Eli 1nd 6 ! How long until the press starts drawing comparisons of Eli to his daddy an=bout being a great QB on a bad team, evern though that is not at ALL what is happening here ?

Washington Redskins : will not be surprised if they don;t come really really close to the playoffs.
Dallas Cowpokes: So when is Elliot going to be suspended? Or is this just a crummy statement about a crummy league run by a crummy commissioner? OH... and Jones is a Crummy Owner. but you all knew that. 8-8 material all around.

TAMPA BAY SUCCANEERS: May be THE WORST Coaching in the NFL....seeing how the Cowboys. FINZ and a few others are stacking up.......

CHICAGO BEARS : What I hate most about the Bears is not the crimeful city they represent, but the few fans that they have around here are obnoxious rude jerks that make Cowboys and Raider fans seem like a church picnic!

GREEN BAY PACKERS : Was the team too worked around Aaron Rogers? What about the solid defense they once had?

Whose in:

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS : In the Drivers seat. The gears are clicking. And New Owlins still remains the fun party town of all fun party towns. And lots of good eats too.

MEENUHSOWDA VIKINGS : Let them win it. They have a new stadium, in the NFC this year, who knows they may host the Super Bowl asthe first ever home team. Not that they are that good, but the NFC is overall bad, with one exception ........

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: The Exception, The best put together team that plays as a unit, and had coaches on the sidelines who watch and react to what is happening. A good team

SEATTLE SEAGULLS : Best coached team in the NFC

LOS ANGELES RAMS : Best offense right now.

CAROLINA PANTHERS : May be last seed, but that is a long shot.

ATLANTA FALCONS Still in but maybe not for long :

DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS : If they can win in Lambeau, and get the QB to play for what they pay him.......

Your thoughts

Old 11-04-2017, 01:54 PM

929 posts, read 297,171 times
Oakland is not getting in, particularly over Buffalo, who they still trail by two in the loss column and lost to as well. They are 3 back still of KC. Easier schedule? I don't know about that even. Philly, at KC, Dallas, New England on the dockets. Even at the Chargers is iffy. When Carr is healthy, the Raiders still aren't all that good and along with Seattle, continue to be vastly overrated by the pundits the past season and a half. Crappy defense and what is the old adage about everyone returning to the mean at some point? Those narrow escapes against bad teams last year have become 'L's this season.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:52 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Whose out:

American Conference:

Cleveland: without saying another word
Cincinnati: another up and down season, mostly down
Baltimore: has been quarterback won't bail the Ravens out
Indianapolis: Luck should retire
Houston: without Watson another dead end street
New York Jets: Even with last nights win they will not make it into the playoffs
Miami: too tough of a division to move up
Oakland: a big disappointment
LA Chargers: never know who will show up
Denver: if the Broncos think Osweiler will lead Denver into the playoffs I got a bridge....

Whose in:

Kansas City: in but won't go far
New England: the top of a very weak conference
Jacksonville: the new kid on the block
Pittsburgh: not much competition in the Northern division
Buffalo: If they can't beat the Jets who can they beat?
Tennessee: by the skin of their teeth
My don't sleep on list for the AFC would include Cincinnati, Baltimore and LA Chargers. At least one of the three will be playing for wild card position in week 16. Maybe even all three.

I can't trust Denver and Miami because their offenses back the Bills offense look functional.

Houston? Is there a cheap back up QB option they can trade for? I don't think Savage is going to get it done for them.

Buffalo? Let's see how they do in December.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:54 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Denver Broncos: What happens when the Rocky Mountain High wears off? look no further than Mile High Stadium..........

Your thoughts
LOL. Good one.

I agree with you about my Bills. Show me in December. If we go 4-1 in December. They'll have me Billieving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or