U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times

Advertisements

If my math is correct the NFC currently holds a 24-14 winning percentage over the AFC in inter-conference games.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:59 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,985,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
If my math is correct the NFC currently holds a 24-14 winning percentage over the AFC in inter-conference games.
That's Right Bill
And if the announcers from the Professional Wrestling Called the GOLF on TV, then it may be more interesting watching someone hit a little white ball around !

SO here's who is in (if it ended today)
AFC
Evil PATRIOTS
STEELERS
CHIEFS
TITANS
JAGUARS
Your BUFFALOES

See not too many good teams in the AFC BUT I think one will win the Super Bowl.
Here is who has no chance of making it in
My Finz (Because the offense, front office, owner, assorted coaches, certain members of the defense STINK!)
BROWNS (They were eliminated after week one)
Homeless Chargers
Broncos (Goodbye yellow brick road)
Texans
Colts
Benglas
Jets (Finally playing down to their ability)

That leaves the RAIDERS and RAVENS To challenge for a wild card slot

NFC
EAGLES
RAMS
VIKINGS
SAINTS
PANTHERS
SEAHAWKS

Mathematically, the Lions Packers Falcons and Cowboys could challenge, although I see an 8 - 8 record for the Pack and Cowboys if things continue

The GIANTS Went out early. SO did the Pesky Red Birds, the Succaneers, the 1&9ers and the bears. now probably the Redskins can hang it up because the NFC is just too good

Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times
Good breakdown King Cat.

We will know a lot more after this week in the AFC.

Ravens have a winnable game at Green Bay. But Ravens could slip up and lose easily.

Bills have a tuff game and Raiders an even tougher game. A win by either will really put both teams in good position.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 AM

3,244 posts, read 1,613,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
That's Right Bill
And if the announcers from the Professional Wrestling Called the GOLF on TV, then it may be more interesting watching someone hit a little white ball around !

SO here's who is in (if it ended today)
AFC
Evil PATRIOTS
STEELERS
CHIEFS
TITANS
JAGUARS
Your BUFFALOES

See not too many good teams in the AFC BUT I think one will win the Super Bowl.
Here is who has no chance of making it in
My Finz (Because the offense, front office, owner, assorted coaches, certain members of the defense STINK!)
BROWNS (They were eliminated after week one)
Homeless Chargers
Broncos (Goodbye yellow brick road)
Texans
Colts
Benglas
Jets (Finally playing down to their ability)

That leaves the RAIDERS and RAVENS To challenge for a wild card slot

NFC
EAGLES
RAMS
VIKINGS
SAINTS
PANTHERS
SEAHAWKS

Mathematically, the Lions Packers Falcons and Cowboys could challenge, although I see an 8 - 8 record for the Pack and Cowboys if things continue

The GIANTS Went out early. SO did the Pesky Red Birds, the Succaneers, the 1&9ers and the bears. now probably the Redskins can hang it up because the NFC is just too good
I might point out that the Rams who lead the Seahawks by one game and the Seahawks are undefeated in the NFC West. If the Rams can get by a very tough schedule in the Vikings, Saints, Eagles and Seahawks over the next few weeks they deserve a first round bye. Not sure they can.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
Wow, didn't realize AFC has 6 teams above .500 and NFC has 10. Teams like the Packers at 5-4 will have a rough road unless some of the 7 win teams take a dive. Of course, much depends on schedules, who teams play, injuries, etc.!

I don't really think the playoffs are a possibility for the Packers at this point but I would like to see Hundley improve each week, win some games. Some fans are optimistic, gaga in Packerland because Rodgers was out there, doing a few things, throwing underhand, this does not mean he is coming back to save the season. I'm rose colored glasses sometimes but have to think wait until next year.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I might point out that the Rams who lead the Seahawks by one game and the Seahawks are undefeated in the NFC West. If the Rams can get by a very tough schedule in the Vikings, Saints, Eagles and Seahawks over the next few weeks they deserve a first round bye. Not sure they can.
Well the first game against the Vikings the Rams bombed....Now the Saints, the only hope the Rams have against the Saints is the game is in LA. But Brees could pick the Rams apart.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow, didn't realize AFC has 6 teams above .500 and NFC has 10. Teams like the Packers at 5-4 will have a rough road unless some of the 7 win teams take a dive. Of course, much depends on schedules, who teams play, injuries, etc.!

I don't really think the playoffs are a possibility for the Packers at this point but I would like to see Hundley improve each week, win some games. Some fans are optimistic, gaga in Packerland because Rodgers was out there, doing a few things, throwing underhand, this does not mean he is coming back to save the season. I'm rose colored glasses sometimes but have to think wait until next year.
Five turnovers and being shut out today against a not too talented team,in the Ravens, no less....I think the Packers with Hundley will be lucky to win two games going forward.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Whose out:

American Conference:

Cleveland: without saying another word
Cincinnati: another up and down season, mostly down
Baltimore: has been quarterback won't bail the Ravens out
Indianapolis: Luck should retire
Houston: without Watson another dead end street
New York Jets: Even with last nights win they will not make it into the playoffs
Miami: too tough of a division to move up
Oakland: a big disappointment
LA Chargers: never know who will show up
Denver: if the Broncos think Osweiler will lead Denver into the playoffs I got a bridge....

Whose in:

Kansas City: in but won't go far
New England: the top of a very weak conference
Jacksonville: the new kid on the block
Pittsburgh: not much competition in the Northern division
Buffalo: If they can't beat the Jets who can they beat?
Tennessee: by the skin of their teeth

National Conference:

San Clara: a given
Arizona: not without a quarterback
New York Giants: 1-6 start won't recover
Washington: will not over take the two teams in front of them
Dallas: close but no cigar
Tampa Bay: slow start slow finish
Chicago: No chance
Detroit: too many teams better in front of them
Green Bay: not with Rodgers

Whose in:

New Orleans: now a fight between them and Carolina
Minnesota: by default
Philadelphia: no brainier
Seattle: defense and Russell Wilson
LA Rams: Wild card for sure
Carolina: long shot but worth the bet
Atlanta: fight with Carolina...will be head to head meeting to decide

Your thoughts
So far my predictions are dead on....

Old 11-19-2017, 04:56 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
Your predictions are good, NFC will be tougher for teams to get in than the AFC.

Hundley was o.k. last week, but this time gun shy. Marched down the field then threw a pick and it was downhill from there.

He is hesitant not seeing Nelson, Cobb, breaks in their routes. I couldn't believe how many times WRs were open, then he would hesitate, throw and by that time defense caught up, adjusted.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:34 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,516,175 times
Quote:
So far my predictions are dead on....
Ravens are in. AFC is pretty soft after the 1-2. Pretty average team, but they seem to have settled on a RB, Woodhead is back, and their defense has thrown 3 shutouts already. Soft schedule down the stretch, and likely an easy wild card game if they get in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or