Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:22 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
For the love of god, it's Kansas City, not Kansas. There is no NFL team in Kansas. Kansas is a state. The primary part of KC (downtown, airport, nearly all of KC attractions etc) are not in Kansas. The Chiefs don't play in Kansas.

It's the Kansas "CITY" Chiefs. A super quick history lesson for you. KC,MO was a city long before Kansas was ever a state or even a territory. The city is named after the Kansa Indians. It's confusing I know, but it's insulting to locals to call the city by the name of the state next door which has almost nothing in common with with the actual city.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!
I think most people know that the team plays in Missouri but it's easier to just say Kansas and besides, don't most of the players live in Kansas? so really the players are more aligned with Kansas than Missouri...Go Jayhawks!

Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I think most people know that the team plays in Missouri but it's easier to just say Kansas and besides, don't most of the players live in Kansas? so really the players are more aligned with Kansas than Missouri...Go Jayhawks!
I'm not saying that a large part of KC is not in Kansas. I'm saying when you say Kansas, it has a totally different meaning than when you say Kansas City. It's not like Oklahoma where you can say the state when you mean the city and get away with it.

A lot of the players live on the Kansas side. So what. Many of them live in the Missouri suburbs as well and a ton of them live in the city (KCMO) in high rise condos and apartments in the downtown and plaza areas. A ton of the Royals players live in the city as well. Doesn't matter, its all KC. It's all Kansas City..... It's not all Kansas (or Missouri for that matter). Just call it Kansas City.

Don't give a rats ass about the jaywalks or tigers. Kansas City doesn't have a college football team. It has an NFL team. That's my point.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:36 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Different players, different coaches. The Red Sox blew key games ever way imaginable for 86 years and then recently won 3 titles in 10 seasons. The data doesn't lie? What data? You have none.
I just gave you the data. Sure they could win it. I'll believe it when I see it. For now I won't be foolish enough to pick them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Still doesn't make the injuries any more omnipresent than if you analyze most teams. Welcome to the modern day NFL, which is part of the reason for why the product on the field is suffering vs yesteryear. However luck and timing are involved. You get the right guys back at the right time and some times vs the right teams, anything can happen.
I'm not claiming they have worse injuries than other team. 2015 sure, this year no. I'm not going to call any team with significant injury issues lucky though, certainly not when all the AFC playoff teams have roughly the same SOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Yeah, injury thing, I am tired of it. Teams survive with injuries or players out, period. Fans and media have been saying for years, get players around Rodgers, he carries the Packers, hides deficiencies, do you think???
The guys on TV were criticizing Hundley for the (first) 3 turnovers pretty harshly yesterday ... as if that RB fumble was his fault. SMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
For the love of god, it's Kansas City, not Kansas. There is no NFL team in Kansas. Kansas is a state. The primary part of KC (downtown, airport, nearly all of KC's attractions etc) are not in Kansas, they are in Missouri. The Chiefs don't play in Kansas.

It's the Kansas "CITY" Chiefs. A super quick history lesson for you. KC,MO was a city long before Kansas was ever a state or even a territory. The city is named after the Kansa Indians. It's confusing I know, but it's insulting to locals to call the city by the name of the state next door which has almost nothing in common with with the actual city.

Thank you for your attention to this matter!

And wow, the Kansas CITY Chiefs have imploded after such a great start. They are lucky the rest of the division have crashed even harder.
Too easy.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:15 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I don't see the Eagles and Vikings choking, Saints are going to be in there probably. Thing of it is, 3 teams have 8 wins, 2 have 7 wins, teams having only 5 have a tough road. If those top teams don't start losing a team like the Cowboys with 5 wins can't catch up.
I agree...Neither the Eagles or the Vikings will fold....The Saints are for real although they better tighten up their defense if they want to stay with either the Eagles or Vikings...
The Cowboys after being blasted at home by the Eagles are on the far outside looking in. The Cowboys (5-5) are behind Carolina (7-3) and Seattle/Rams with the Lions and Atlanta looking to have a better chance for the two wildcards at the moment. Green Bay is toast and will hard pressed to win two more games.
The real battle will be between Seattle and the Rams for the NFC West title and the loser will most likely take the other wild card.
I can't think of a more important game this season, at this time, as the game between Seattle and Atlanta.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Sounds like your typical NFL team. Should I start listing the injuries my Bills have had?
The biggest mistake by the Bills was losing Woods to the Rams. Otherwise injuries by Bills players probably won't have much impact on their season one way or the other as they are in the same AFC East division as NE....

Old 11-20-2017, 11:27 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
The biggest mistake by the Bills was losing Woods to the Rams. Otherwise injuries by Bills players probably won't have much impact on their season one way or the other as they are in the same AFC East division as NE....
Really? A guy who averaged 60 receptions 600 yards and 3TDs in his four seasons in Buffalo was our biggest mistake?

I understand he is outshining Watkins currently in LA and is having a career year but I don't buy for a second that he would have broken out in his 5th year in Buffalo in our offense. Yes, he is producing in McVay's offense but that is a completely different offense and QB.

In Buffalo Watkins always out shined Woods when both were on the field. I'm confident it would have been the same way too if both were on the team this year. Bills and Rams just run different offenses.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:45 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,466,855 times
Luckily for the Chiefs the West is a complete cluster %$#k this year because the Chiefs are my "high seeded team most likely to lose their first playoff game" team at the moment. They are playing awful right now, their only saving grace being the division stinks along with them.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Really? A guy who averaged 60 receptions 600 yards and 3TDs in his four seasons in Buffalo was our biggest mistake?

I understand he is outshining Watkins currently in LA and is having a career year but I don't buy for a second that he would have broken out in his 5th year in Buffalo in our offense. Yes, he is producing in McVay's offense but that is a completely different offense and QB.

In Buffalo Watkins always out shined Woods when both were on the field. I'm confident it would have been the same way too if both were on the team this year. Bills and Rams just run different offenses.
Maybe it wasn't Woods that was an underachiever in Buffalo maybe it was a string of lousy quarterbacks.

Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Maybe it wasn't Woods that was an underachiever in Buffalo maybe it was a string of lousy quarterbacks.
It was a combination of lousy QBs and different offensive philosophy. Both have carried over into 2017 which makes you guess that losing woods was a big mistake incorrect. He would still be a 500-600 yard receiver here.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:21 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Next 3 weeks will likely sort things out in the NFC playoff picture as the 6 teams currently "in" will all face the most difficult part of their schedule while (with the exception of Atlanta) having to do so mostly on the road. Atlanta has 3 straight home games during their stretch, Minnesota has 3 straight road games.

(opp win pctg)

PHL (.533) vs Chi (H), Sea (A), LAR (A)
MIN (.633) vs Det (A), Atl (A), Car (A)
N.O. (.667) vs LAR (A), Car (H), Atl (A)
LAR (.700) vs N.O. (H), Arz (A), Phl (H)
Car (.667) vs NYJ (A), N.O. (A), Min (H) ---- Carolina is the only team among the top 6 with a winning record (3-2) against teams over .500
ATL (.667) vs TB (H), Min (H), N.O. (H)

Meanwhile, the next two teams; Detroit & Seattle also have to face teams with an overall winning record (.566), while playing 2 of 3 games on the road.

after those two, the two 5-5 teams (Green Bay and Dallas) will have a chance to make a move, but only if they can find a way to play better than they have of late.

Green Bay (.400)
Dallas (.333)

I doubt that we will see much of a turnover in who gets in in the NFC from here on out.

NFC Playoff Picture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football