U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:04 PM

3,241 posts, read 1,605,623 times

Advertisements

Whose out:

American Conference:

Cleveland: without saying another word
Cincinnati: another up and down season, mostly down
Baltimore: has been quarterback won't bail the Ravens out
Indianapolis: Luck should retire
Houston: without Watson another dead end street
New York Jets: Even with last nights win they will not make it into the playoffs
Miami: too tough of a division to move up
Oakland: a big disappointment
LA Chargers: never know who will show up
Denver: if the Broncos think Osweiler will lead Denver into the playoffs I got a bridge....

Whose in:

Kansas City: in but won't go far
New England: the top of a very weak conference
Jacksonville: the new kid on the block
Pittsburgh: not much competition in the Northern division
Buffalo: If they can't beat the Jets who can they beat?
Tennessee: by the skin of their teeth

National Conference:

San Clara: a given
Arizona: not without a quarterback
New York Giants: 1-6 start won't recover
Washington: will not over take the two teams in front of them
Dallas: close but no cigar
Tampa Bay: slow start slow finish
Chicago: No chance
Detroit: too many teams better in front of them
Green Bay: not with Rodgers

Whose in:

New Orleans: now a fight between them and Carolina
Minnesota: by default
Philadelphia: no brainier
Seattle: defense and Russell Wilson
LA Rams: Wild card for sure
Carolina: long shot but worth the bet
Atlanta: fight with Carolina...will be head to head meeting to decide

Your thoughts

Old 11-03-2017, 02:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,227,061 times
just another disappointing season for the Bucs.....9-7 last season and thinking we'd have a better season #2 under Koetter, but so far it's been a joke.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:58 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,098,054 times
I think you need a 'bubble' vs an in and out.

I disagree about the Rams. They might get in.. Don't get me wrong, but I'm not giving it to them yet. The only quality win they have is over Dallas. Outside of that.. They've beaten teams that are a combined 9-21

That being said.. Their upcoming games are against teams that are a combined 29-30 and two of those teams are without their starting QBs.

They may very well make it.. I said that they wouldn't a few weeks ago before Arizona and Houston's QB situations developed.

Not to mention.. You've completely left Dallas off. If we take your division winners as NO, Minnesota, Philly and Seattle.. That leaves 4 teams fighting for 2 WC spots.. Being Dallas, Rams, Carolina and Atlanta.

Should the Rams make it.. Quick exit. They're not a playoff quality team, they just have the leagues easiest schedule.

Oh, there's Dallas.. Sorry, never saw them..

Last edited by Labonte18; 11-03-2017 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 PM

21,201 posts, read 30,396,116 times
AFC East - Patriots gut it out over the Bills and Dolphins.
AFC North - Steelers by default, the other three have nothing in the tank.
AFC South - Jaguars and Titans to the end, but the Jags have the favorable schedule.
AFC West - Chiefs have it locked down barring a collapse.

AFC Wild Cards - Jaguars or Titans and Bills or Dolphins

NFC East - Eagles division to lose.
NFC North - Vikings in control
NFC South - Saints seem to have the edge with their schedule over the Panthers
NFC West - Rams and Seahawks to the wire, both with tough schedules remaining.

NFC Wild Cards - Saints or Panthers and Rams or Seahawks

Old 11-03-2017, 03:14 PM

21,201 posts, read 30,396,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
just another disappointing season for the Bucs.....9-7 last season and thinking we'd have a better season #2 under Koetter, but so far it's been a joke.
It would maybe appear Jameis Winston isn't the franchise QB they had hoped for. Maybe a draft pick like Luke Falk from Washington State or Logan Woodside from Toledo could be good options. Kirk Cousins from the Redskins is forecasted to be a free agent in 2018 and could be a monster trade for them.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:24 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,366,804 times
I'm drinking the Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid until the season is over. With the schedule left the NFC North is theirs to lose. Already beat Minnesota.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:37 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,227,061 times
Honestly though, even w/ my team sucking, I'm actually enjoying watching the games every week on the HDTV.....it's almost as if the weenies whining about the silent protesters and the circus clown in the WH has made me more interested in the games .....I mean, I'm watching SNF, MNF, TNF, and the Red Zone as well as going to my team's games at the stadium.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:54 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times
I think whoever wins the Jags/Titans game in Nashville the final week of the season probably winds up winning the division, but I would hardly say BOTH of them are locks for the playoffs.

I wouldn't count out the Ravens winning a Wildcard spot, they've got a pretty easy schedule coming up. They've got games against Houston (home) and Green Bay (road) coming up, but both will have backup/retread QBs starting for those teams. After this week's game @ Tennessee their toughest game before the game @ Pittsburgh is probably vs. the Lions.

Texans aren't entirely out either. They likely would have had the same results WITH Watson that they would have had without him: Win vs. Colts (They should still beat the Colts anyways. If they don't we can officially eliminate the Texans from the division). They should be favorites to lose @ the LA Rams, but I probably would've taken the Rams that game even with Watson healthy, and then the final game at home vs. the Cards. That's the biggest toss up now, but I still think they can win that, and that'll take them into the Monday Night game after Thanksgiving in Baltimore with what should be a 5-5 record, and the loser of that is probably out while the winner still has a pulse.

I don't think anyone in the AFC is a "lock per say" but the Patriots & Chiefs, barring any major collapse will both be in the playoffs, but both should win the division. I'd put about 5 teams on the "playoff bubble" out of the AFC and I would be very surprised if a team got a Wildcard outside of these 6:

Buffalo, Tennessee/Jacksonville south loser, Houston, Baltimore, Oakland & Denver.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:28 PM

32,479 posts, read 26,356,312 times
i am not ready yet to count the cowboys out, at 4-3 they are only 2.5 games behind the eagles, and they are 1 gaem behind the rest of the nfc wildcard teams. so at this point they are still right there for a wildcard spot, and they are improving.we shall see over their next three games what happens.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 PM

929 posts, read 297,171 times
Injuries, as always, can change perspectives in a hurry. As things stand, I am still willing to bet somebody we expect not to make it will make it, and vice-versa. That seems to happen every year in the modern era of the topsy-turvy NFL. The Jets I feel are good enough to make it, but it will be tough now due to the three game skid, all games they could have easily won, including against the Patriots. The remaining schedule still includes the Patriots again, Saints, and Chiefs. Nevertheless the so-called "experts" missed the boat the most among the 32 teams, in believing the Jets would be awful, even in some corners suggesting they might not win a game. The Jaguars are much better than the Titans despite losing badly to Tennessee in week 2. I think Jacksonville, Pitt, KC, and New England all easily win their divisions. The Jets and Bills at this juncture would be the best wildcard teams, but that doesn't translate into being necessarily the teams that get in (Miami is a mess, and yet currently sports a winning record).
The NFC: again tough to get a read on the wildcards; clearly Philly, Minnesota, and New Orleans have a leg up in terms of division winners. Never thought I'd see the day that New Orleans actually alas has a formidable defense, after the disaster that has been since their Super Bowl season. The NFC West is the toughest to read. The Rams- are we buying or not? They appear to be the best, but lost at home to Seattle. The Seahawks may be good enough to still be the beast of the West, as much as they have been living on borrowed time, and along with the Raiders have probably been the most overrated club for the past two seasons among the NFL talking heads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or