U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 07:37 AM

28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times

Advertisements

Tony Romo takes a shot at Deion Sanders, who takes several shots in response

It started when Romo, the Cowboys quarterback turned CBS broadcaster, said while calling the Chiefs-Cowboys game that Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters is not a good tackler. Romo added a little shot at Sanders, the Hall of Fame cornerback who was known during his playing days for avoiding contact.

“Peters doesn’t want to tackle,” Romo said. “He makes Deion Sanders look good at tackling.”

Sanders replied...

“Tony, I tried my best to take the high road, but I don’t know the address to the high road,” Sanders said. “So I got to come at you, man. Ten years as a starter, you’re 2-4 in the playoffs. You ain’t won nothing. I tried to bury the hatchet."

Sanders kept going... read the rest at the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 07:43 AM

6,779 posts, read 10,184,946 times
Love it. Lots of true words from Deion. Romo needs to shut his trap.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,559,537 times
Too funny to me. Two people who always talk too loud, over everyone else, Sanders and Michael Irvin, using team wins to state your case, amusing. I like Romo, he can keep talking all he wants, smart guy compared to some others who are just loud.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 AM

252 posts, read 386,419 times
Jammies are rustle

Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 AM

95 posts, read 53,203 times
I don't really like Romo, but he seems really smart and I like his broadcasting. That being said I agree with Dion he wasn't able to do anything after the regular season.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:01 AM

28,533 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Why Michael Irvin doesn't like the Tony Romo-Deion Sanders beef 'at all'

But it's like, for so long Deion, you've made a living off telling people that my job is covering. Now when someone uses it within the framework of what you said ... So when Tony used it and for him to come back that way yeah that's crazy. It's having fun, guys. You've gotta be able to laugh at yourself. I think we lose it with that. I tell people this all the time, I tell Steve [Smith] on TV, I tell people on TV all the time: nobody's tuning in to see your misery. Everybody's tunes in to get away from their misery, so don't give them misery.

I didn't think comment Tony made was bad to be honest with you. And everybody says it, even Deion says it.

I agree... Nobody gives anyone any space to make a mistake. Does anyone take the high road anymore?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 AM

689 posts, read 338,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Too funny to me. Two people who always talk too loud, over everyone else, Sanders and Michael Irvin, using team wins to state your case, amusing. I like Romo, he can keep talking all he wants, smart guy compared to some others who are just loud.
I agree...and this is too funny. Now all Cowboys fans have criticized Romo for those heartbreaking picks he threw in those crucial games but lets be real...its a team game. Romo never had a great defense and only had a good o-line towards the end of his career with Murray providing a great running game. Boys management and front office didn't do Romo like they should've and it will probably happen with Prescott. Even an elite QBs like Rodgers and Brady needs more support (better defense, running game, good coaching and good o-line) because its a team game. Cant expect Romo to be the hero every single game when one person can only do so much.

And it isn't like Romo was incorrect about Sanders. Even he said something about "business decisions" when it came to tackling. Sanders just needs to take the truth like a man. But this is football...its all fun and games and trash talk.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,233,843 times
Is there an athlete with a thinner skin than Deion Sanders? Romo's comment was meant in a slightly humorous way yet Sanders went ballistic, despite the fact that what Romo said was true. Deion tackled like a Grandma, avoiding it like the plague. He was a great cover guy with incredible speed but lousy at tackling. Deion needs to develop a sense of humor and stops getting so upset at perceived slights.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:18 PM

3,243 posts, read 1,608,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Love it. Lots of true words from Deion. Romo needs to shut his trap.
I agree Romo talks too much and is as much as a distraction as he over talks the play by play announcer just as much as Gruden or Aikman does.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:19 PM

3,243 posts, read 1,608,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Is there an athlete with a thinner skin than Deion Sanders? Romo's comment was meant in a slightly humorous way yet Sanders went ballistic, despite the fact that what Romo said was true. Deion tackled like a Grandma, avoiding it like the plague. He was a great cover guy with incredible speed but lousy at tackling. Deion needs to develop a sense of humor and stops getting so upset at perceived slights.
Deion Sanders is a legend in his own mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or