U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:56 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times

Advertisements

I agree with Maniac. Taylor has been struggling a lot so the bar is pretty low right now. If anything, Peterman might take far less sacks than Taylor would have taken against Bosa and company. Taylor at QB is pretty much a lock for 5-6 sacks against that Chargers front seven pass rush. Peterman? We obviously don't know but there is a chance maybe he only gets sacked once or twice. Couldn't say the same for Taylor if we are going by his play the last few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 10:58 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
No, the benching of Tyrod Taylor has no bearing on me picking the Bills against the Bolts. Bills were struggling offensively with Taylor under center. It's not his fault. The Bills have a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. The worst case scenario for Nathan Peterman is to struggle offensively and they were doing that anyway, so there's nothing to lose with this QB change. Why would McDermott wait until it's too late and when they're out of playoff contention to see what they have in Peterman? Yeah, I know Taylor's feelings are hurt, but the ship is sinking now and we've seen this from the Bills for many seasons. They have gotten off to a hot start only to fizzle and miss the playoffs repeatedly. If Peterman can move the ball and put points on the board against a formidable Chargers defense, it looks like a genius move.

The more concerning issue is the Bills defense. That was supposed to be their calling card and they're terrible right now. It doesn't matter what their offense does if their defense plays as bad as it has the last 2 weeks. With all this negative talk about the Bills, I still like them here just because I think the homeless Carson Chargers will find a way to beat themselves as they have historically done. It should be a close game though.
I agree. It's a game which could go either way. The Bolts also (historically) have a way of shootin' themselves in the foot! It should prove to be interesting.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:22 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Last week: 8-6
Overall: 81-66* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams week 9 was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

The Marcus Mariota's @ the Squeelers. Squeelers got crushed at home by the Jags, and were lucky to beat the Colts last week, while the Titans are 3-0 the last 3 weeks against the AFC North, so logically speaking you would think the Titans would win right?? Wrong! In a matchup of equals I will take the home team that doesn't have to travel in the short week, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Titans won. With my record, the Titans probably win anyways!

Old 11-16-2017, 02:36 PM

10,694 posts, read 11,095,828 times
Tough pick tonight but Iíll take the Steelers over the Titans. Iíll get the rest up later.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:47 PM

577 posts, read 762,363 times
Tennessee Titans @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Ravens @ Green Bay Packers
Arizona Cardinals @ Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Miami Dolphins
Los Angeles Rams @ Minnesota Vikings
Kansas City Chiefs @ New York Giants
Washington Redskins @ New Orleans Saints
Buffalo Bills @ Los Angeles Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals @ Denver Broncos
New England Patriots vs. Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys
Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

10-4 last week
88-58 season

Old 11-16-2017, 04:29 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,962,962 times
Pittsburgh Steelers tonight.

Will pick the rest later.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM

1-0 after the Thursday night win in Steel City. The Bees were true to form!

Old 11-16-2017, 10:52 PM

9,421 posts, read 17,405,113 times
Is it too late for me to pick tonight's game? Two weeks in a row now, and both easy picks. Dangit!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:31 AM

6,778 posts, read 10,180,182 times
1-0!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Is it too late for me to pick tonight's game? Two weeks in a row now, and both easy picks. Dangit!
The feeling amongst the board members is that once a game ends by at least a full 60 seconds, there can be no more claims to the highly sought after, and most elusive W.

You will be allowed to keep your position in the phalanx, however any further inappropriate advances will be severely dealt with -- up to and including suspension, fines and a vigorous slap on the wrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football