U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:10 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times

Advertisements

Vikings @ Lions
Chargers @ Cowboys
Giants @ Redskins
Bucs @ Falcons
Brown @ Bengals
Titans @ Colts
Bills @ Chiefs
Dolphins @ Patriots
Panthers @ Jets
Bears @ Eagles
Seahawks @ Niners
Broncos @ Raiders
Saints @ Rams
Jags @ Cards
Packers @ Steelers
Texans @ Ravens

Season: 99-61
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 11:22 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
(sorry Susan! Can't trust the Packers in this matchup.)

I know, Jonathan! I don't expect a win, could be an ugly game. NFL might be sorry they didn't flex it out of Sun. night!
Looking at the schedule, what other better one is to put on there though?? Lions/Vikings is out because of the Thanksgiving day, and pretty sure Rams/Saints was out of the running too because it was the national game of the week. What else is left?? Patriots/Dolphins?? No thanks! Bills/Chiefs?? Definitely no with the way those 2 teams are going.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:07 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,898,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post

Packers @ Steelers-I know McCarthy is sticking with Hundley, but would it really hurt to see what Joe Callahan can do? He can't do any worse than Nathan Peterman.
Even if he did 10 times better then Peterman he would still be below Packer expectations at the QB position.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:37 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Packer expectations at the QB position.

Key words there, Ditch. When you have 2 QBs for 25 years with a few games started by Matt Flynn, huge expectations. An offense built for Rodgers, what he can do, tough situation. Sure Hundley has been in the system 3 years but his skill set is what matters.

Overall, this might be a good thing for the Packers, if they take a long, hard look at themselves and how Rodgers talent has hidden other issues with the team.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:00 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Packer expectations at the QB position.

Overall, this might be a good thing for the Packers, if they take a long, hard look at themselves and how Rodgers talent has hidden other issues with the team.
They really do have an offense that makes Rodgers look good. And he is the perfect fit for that system. But they need to step up on defense too, plenty of talent on that side of the ball.

I think the first game with the Vi-gueen at the Detroit Rock City Lions may be the more interesting, epecially if the cats can go ahead and step up for the home game
The second game is likely to be mistake filled. The Cowboys are likely to be without three starters on defense now, including Sean Lee. Smith is a game time decision at Rt Tackle, if he misses the game or gets hurt during it, then bad day for the Pokes. On the other hand, the Chargers have found a few ways to beat themselves this year too, so who knows.

Night game may be interesting. Eli will have to rally the team for a divisional game. Redskins have to win. Will be interesting, but by then I will have had too much wine to care.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:19 AM

19,986 posts, read 18,947,165 times
2017 regular season: 97-63

Picks
  • Minnesota Vikings (8-2) at Detroit Lions (6-4)
  • Los Angeles Chargers (4-6) at Dallas Cowboys (5-5)
  • New York Giants (2-8) at Washington Redskins (4-6)
  • Buffalo Bills (5-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (6-4)
  • Tennessee Titans (6-4) at Indianapolis Colts (3-7)
  • Cleveland Browns (0-10) at Cincinnati Bengals (4-6)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) at Atlanta Falcons (6-4)
  • Miami Dolphins (4-6) at New England Patriots (8-2)
  • Chicago Bears (3-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (9-1)
  • Carolina Panthers (7-3) at New York Jets (4-6)
  • Seattle Seahawks (6-4) at San Francisco 49ers (1-9)
  • New Orleans Saints (8-2) at Los Angeles Rams (7-3)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) at Arizona Cardinals (4-6)
  • Denver Broncos (3-7) at Oakland Raiders (4-6)
  • Green Bay Packers (5-5) at Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2)
  • Houston Texans (4-6) at Baltimore Ravens (5-5)

Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys

This should be a fun game. The Chargers short circuiting for a loss would make them turkeys.

New York Giants at Washington Redskins

The Giants chose to win a game last week. I think the Redskins will chose to win this week by showing up and playing football.

Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs

If the Chiefs want to lose out the season by losing games to the Giants, they should seriously consider cleaning house, or they should take winning seriously. The Chiefs losing to the Bills should require visits to neurologists.

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

The Seahawks should have seen neurologists last night after sucking against the Falcons. I am wondering if the Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson era is nearing an end since no one wants to step it up in winning.

New Orleans Saints at Los Angeles Rams

This would be a fun game. A Saints loss against the Rams and a Panthers win against the Jets would create a race in the NFC South.

Green Bay Packers at Pittsburgh Steelers

The Packers chose the wrong game to get retarded. Losing to the Ravens warrants laughing out loud. The Packers have an opportunity for another loss courtesy of the Steelers.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:49 PM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Last week: 8-6
Overall: 89-72* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams week 9 was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

Vikings @ Lions. This will be a good game, just wish the time slot between this game & the Cowboys game was flipped as I'm much looking forward to this game than the Dallas one and will be out for most of it. Lions win and make the North a competitive race since they will own the tiebreaker on the Vikes due to sweeping them,
Chargers @ Cowboys. The good thing about Chargers games?? Last week being an exception they rarely blow teams or get blown out themselves, seems like most of their games are decided within 10 points, and I don't think this is an exception as the Cowboys should play a whole hell of a lot better then they did the last 2 weeks in blowout losses to the Falcons & Eagles.
Giants @ Redskins. Oh man, Redskins had that huge collapse in N'awlins while the Giants actually managed to win a game. Redskins SHOULD win this, but then again they have so many injuries who the hell knows who is even healthy and playing, and the Chiefs really should have won last week too and didn't.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:46 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,177,967 times
Vikings
Cowboys
Redskins
Falcons
Bengals
Titans
Chiefs
Patriots
Panthers
Eagles
Seahawks
Raiders
Saints
Jaguars
Steelers
Ravens

It's been awhile since we have had to pick all 16 game. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy!

Old 11-22-2017, 02:07 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,260,219 times
Same to you Calico!

Old 11-22-2017, 04:11 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Vikings @ Lions.
Chargers @ Cowboys.
Giants @ Redskins.

Bucs @ Falcons.
Brown @ Bengals.
Titans @ Colts.
Bills @ Chiefs.
Dolphins @ Patriots.
Panthers @ Jets.
Bears @ Eagles.
Seahawks @ Niners.
Broncos @ Raiders.
Saints @ Rams.
Jags @ Cards.

Packers @ Steelers.

Texans @ Ravens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football