U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:48 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,555,061 times

Advertisements

3-0, great start, probably won't finish as strong! Calico, Redskins won, you are 2-1, not 1-2!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 06:09 AM

8,702 posts, read 11,941,393 times
3-0 so far.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:23 AM

10,700 posts, read 11,099,435 times
Good start for me, 3-0! There were some tough matchups this week though so who knows how this one will finish?

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2017, 07:19 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,058,957 times
2-1, but at least Dallas lost. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,902 times
3-0 and Keenan Allen has been a monster in fantasy for me these last two weeks! And yes, I did pick the Jets to down the Panthers this week. That is not a typo.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:55 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,497,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 8-6
Overall: 89-72* *since my Giants to win pick over the Rams week 9 was so terrible, that I gave myself 3 losses for picking it, that's why my total is 2 higher than it should be.

Vikings @ Lions. This will be a good game, just wish the time slot between this game & the Cowboys game was flipped as I'm much looking forward to this game than the Dallas one and will be out for most of it. Lions win and make the North a competitive race since they will own the tiebreaker on the Vikes due to sweeping them,
Chargers @ Cowboys. The good thing about Chargers games?? Last week being an exception they rarely blow teams or get blown out themselves, seems like most of their games are decided within 10 points, and I don't think this is an exception as the Cowboys should play a whole hell of a lot better then they did the last 2 weeks in blowout losses to the Falcons & Eagles.
Giants @ Redskins. Oh man, Redskins had that huge collapse in N'awlins while the Giants actually managed to win a game. Redskins SHOULD win this, but then again they have so many injuries who the hell knows who is even healthy and playing, and the Chiefs really should have won last week too and didn't.

Hope everyone had a happy & healthy Thanksgiving! As I correctly predicted earlier the 12:30 Lions/Vikings game would be the best game on the slate, the latter 2 games good for folks that wanted to take a snooze after dinner, very easy to fall asleep watching those last 2 pathetic games. Finished 1-2 looking for a better finish, but the good news is I can't finish 8-6 this week!!

Bucs @ Falcons. Falcons are finally starting to play well, they should roll here.
Brown @ Bengals. Poor Hue Jackson. This whole organization from the top down is so bad and discombobulated that I don't even think the master Bill Belicheck would get this team to .500. I know you'll say you should win more than 1 game in a year and a half, but give this guy a competent QB before we judge him as a head coach. Maybe they wouldn't be in the playoffs, and I doubt it as they have a lot more problems than QB, but I can almost say for certain they would be better than 1-26 over Jackson's first 27 games if they hadn't traded the rights to draft Wentz & Watson, and drafted them. Priority number 1 for ANY team in the offseason should be the Browns signing Kirk Cousins since it's obvious the organization can't draft & develop a QB. I don't care how much it costs give Cousins double what he wants. Bring Jackson back next year, sign Cousins, and THAN evaluate Jackson after 2018. If he still sucks with a competent QB next year, than you can ship him down the river, but they shouldn't do that this year, even if they finish 0-16 which they probably will.
Titans @ Colts. No Luck which means bad luck for the Colts.
Bills @ Chiefs. Boy, both teams are awful that I want to pick a tie. Chiefs should bounce back at home.
Dolphins @ Patriots. Maybe in Miami if this was week 16 or 17 when the Pats have nothing to play for I would pick the Dolphins.
Panthers @ Jets. I'm tempted to take the Jets as they've been playing well and I still don't think the Panthers are that good of a team, but I'll save my upset of the week for one of the 4 PM games.
Bears @ Eagles. I have a feeling this will also be a lot closer than what it should be, but Eagles fly again for their 10th win.
Seahawks @ Niners. Week 2 between these 2 there was 1 touchdown and 21 total points scored. Do we get over/under 1.5 touchdowns and 20 total points this time around. I'll take the over on touchdown's but under points: 10-7 Seahawks, 2 total touchdowns.
Broncos @ Raiders. Remember back in week 3 when the Raiders, Broncos & Chiefs were all 3-0 and even though the Chargers were 0-3 they lost 2 games at the buzzer due to missed kicks, and we were all saying how the AFC West was the best division in football, and how all 3 would challenge for top spot in the AFC?? How the mighty have fallen, and don't laugh, but the Chargers are probably the best team in this division now, and if I re picked my division winners right now I would probably pick the Chargers to win the West. It's definitely not out of the question as they have a far easier closing schedule than the Chiefs do.
Saints @ Rams. This stretch coming up (last week @ Vikes, vs. Rams, and the Eagles & Seahawks in December) will really test the Rams mettle. They failed miserably last week @ the Vikes and think they'll fail miserably again this week. Hard to pick against the Saints right now as even when it looks like they are cooked (down 15 with 3 minutes and change left) they can't be defeated.
Jags @ Cards. My upset of the week. Yes, the Cards are not good, and the Jags defense is very good that they can probably set up 2 or 3 scoring drives off of turnovers. Cards defense isn't that bad, and really, do you trust Blake Bortles on the road against this defense to manage the game?? I sure as hell don't! Poor Jags, if they had a semi competent QB they'd be a legit threat to not only make the Super Bowl out of the AFC but to win the Super Bowl, it's too bad Bortles is going to handicap them and hold them back in that regard
Packers @ Steelers. Steelers should roll in this one, sorry Susan & Jonathan.
Texans @ Ravens. Actually looked like an enjoyable game from weeks 2-8. Then Watson had to get hurt between weeks 8 to 9 to turn this into a not so enjoyable game.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:57 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,262,417 times
I know I had a very nice happy Thanksgiving and 7express, I picked the Steelers as well. Don't worry about me. Susan always picks the Pack no matter what.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:35 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,497,941 times
Holy crap, the Chiefs are terrible

Old 11-26-2017, 02:24 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,555,061 times
What happened to the Chiefs this year, don't understand it? Jets and penalties, haven't seen the game but in time to see one refs will call every time, dumb. Ball was thrown, player did not have to push Newton.

9-1, Chiefs my loss, probably won't pick them again!

Old 11-26-2017, 02:33 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,099,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
What happened to the Chiefs this year, don't understand it? Jets and penalties, haven't seen the game but in time to see one refs will call every time, dumb. Ball was thrown, player did not have to push Newton.

9-1, Chiefs my loss, probably won't pick them again!
Iím right there with you: 9-1 missing on the Chiefs. Happy to miss on that one though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football