Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:34 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,363,396 times

Advertisements

Remember: Thanksgiving this week, means early start to the week on Thursday afternoon. Get your picks in early, travel safe, and have a feast!

Vikings @ Lions.
Chargers @ Cowboys.
Giants @ Redskins.

Bucs @ Falcons.
Brown @ Bengals.
Titans @ Colts.
Bills @ Chiefs.
Dolphins @ Patriots.
Panthers @ Jets.
Bears @ Eagles.
Seahawks @ Niners.
Broncos @ Raiders.
Saints @ Rams.
Jags @ Cards.

Packers @ Steelers.

Texans @ Ravens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 07:53 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,615,693 times
7-7 last week.
102-58 on the season.

Vikings @ Lions
Chargers @ Cowboys
Giants @ Redskins
Bucs @ Falcons
Brown @ Bengals
Titans @ Colts
Bills @ Chiefs
Dolphins @ Patriots
Panthers @ Jets
Bears @ Eagles
Seahawks @ Niners
Broncos @ Raiders
Saints @ Rams
Jags @ Cards
Packers @ Steelers
Texans @ Ravens

Old 11-21-2017, 08:34 AM

14,287 posts, read 14,527,838 times
Vikings @ Lions
Chargers @ Cowboys
Giants @ Redskins
Bucs @ Falcons
Brown @ Bengals
Titans
@ Colts
Bills @ Chiefs
Dolphins @ Patriots
Panthers
@ Jets
Bears @ Eagles
Seahawks
@ Niners
Broncos @ Raiders
Saints @ Rams
Jags
@ Cards
Packers @ Steelers - I'm going with the Pack, against all odds, this is for fun, supporting my team!
Texans @ Ravens

Week 11: 7-7
Season: 96-64

Old 11-21-2017, 10:31 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,448,892 times
Vikings @ Lions-It's a tradition for me to pick the Lions on Thanksgiving. I look forward to seeing what Jim Bob Cooter has up his sleeve against Purple Reign. Viqueens are a hot team right now and they're due for a stumble. Lions will sweep them and make the NFC North race a little more interesting.

Chargers @ Cowboys-Dallas has been very generous to opponents in the House that Jerry built lately. There's no better day to be generous than Thanksgiving, so I think the Cowboys will treat the homeless Carson Chargers to a win.

Giants @ Redskins-I still can't believe the Redskins blew that game in N'awlins. They'll bounce back against a terrible Giants team.

Bucs @ Falcons-I'm not sure if the Dirty Birds are back or not. I can never figure them out. They should be able to get by the Winstonless Bucs though.

Browns @ Bengals-I always take Cincy in the battle of Ohio. Of course I take any opponent the Browns are playing.

Titans @ Colts-I remember the Titans beat the Colts earlier this season, so I predict they will complete the sweep as they chase the mighty Jags.

Bills @ Chiefs-LOL! That Nathan Peterman experiment kind of blew up in the Bills faces. Why did they leave him in to throw 5 INTS? He should've been benched after the second one. Anyway, Bills have been playing terrible lately and so have the Chiefs. I still believe in Andy Reid though and think the Chiefs will right the ship as they head into the playoffs.

Dolphins @ Patriots-This is a gimme as Brady and Belichick cruise to another Super Bowl. They won't lose until home-field advantage is clinched.

Panthers @ Jets-I'm not picking the Jets anymore, and the Panthers are starting to get hot.

Bears @ Eagles-Eagles will soar against Da Bad News Bears. The good news for Da Bears is that this game won't be close enough to suffer another heartbreaking loss.

Seahawks @ Niners-Can my Niners make it 2 in a row? Absolutely not. Even with no running game and a depleted secondary, Seattle will find a way to win this.

Broncos @ Raiders-Jeez, what happened to the Broncos? They've lost 6 in a row and their last win was against these Raiders. I think the Raiders will avenge that loss with an ugly win at home.

Saints @ Rams-Well, the Rams explosive offense met their match against Purple Reign and now they have another tough game against the Saints who just refuse to lose. I'll take the Saints on a last second Hail Mary.

Jags @ Cards-This is no disrespect to the Jags, but has any other team had such an easy schedule? They've played the Colts, Bengals, Chargers, and Browns the last 4 weeks. They have the Cards this week and the Colts again next week. No wonder they're leading the AFC South.

Packers @ Steelers-I don't usually pick against the Pack, but I can't even put a positive spin on the Packer's current QB situation. I know McCarthy is sticking with Hundley, but would it really hurt to see what Joe Callahan can do? He can't do any worse than Nathan Peterman. Steelers are rolling right now, so I'd probably pick them even if Rodgers was playing.

Texans @ Ravens-Ravens D is tight. Can they get another shutout against Tom Savage and company? Ravens look playoff-bound all of a sudden.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:05 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,930,140 times
My results so far:

Week 1: 9-6
Week 2: 13-3
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 6-8
Week 7: 13-2
Week 8: 12-1
Week 9: 8-5
Week 10: 10-4
Week 11: 6-8
Total: 101-59

I was on a solid run until week 11. What's worse is week 11 was tough IRL too. I injured some ribs at a judo tournament during my second fight. A lot of training time, effort, and money went into that, only to be sidelined early. So frustrating!

I'll get my picks up soon.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,023,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Remember: Thanksgiving this week, means early start to the week on Thursday afternoon. Get your picks in early, travel safe, and have a feast!
THANKS and you too

Enjoy the Turkey, the games, the urges to indulge in materialism all for the sake of the Chinese production economy and travel safe

MY Picks are coming right up I was little over 500 last week......
Did not expect the Giants to win. Nor did Andy Reid, or he would have spent the week Practicing instead of sitting at the AYCE Buffet.....

Old 11-21-2017, 02:31 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,023,239 times
96-64 for the yer.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. As a child, I loved Thanksgiving because of several things. One, it was a trip to my grandparents house, where my step-Grandmother would chain smoke giving the house a most peculiar smell, especially when mixed with my granddad's pipe tobacco. Then there was FOOTBALL. Yes, it was just the Cowboys, but for my grandparents, who rarely if ever left the house, watching TV was something they did exceedingly well. Then on Thursday night, there was a trip to the arena for the Thanksgiving night Rasslin Matches. My Granddad, My Brother, and Myself loved it, my dad generously drove everyone even though he did not care for it. Yes, what a family.
This week, My parents are here. We allow no smoking in our house (Though no one does anyway) We cook the turkey ourselves, using the same recipe without cigarette droppings
And when FOOTBALL Starts, we can see the Lions about the time the food comes out, be out cold when the Cowboys start, then wake up at night and watch another game, all the time laughing at the materialistic encroachment of Christmas onto the Thanksgiving holiday which is NOT supposed to be about acquiring more goods, but being Thankful for those we have, and FOOTBALL!

WHICH Brings us to the week in the NFL Quite a busy week, no BYE teams and some interesting matchups.

Vikings @ LIONS. I am also going to go out on a prosthetic limb here and pick the Lions at home. Now granted, the VIkings are positioning themselves for the Number one seed, but the Lions MUST WIN to keep in the hunt for a wildcard, and at home, On THANKSGIVING, I too think that they will up to something

HOMELESS CHARGERS @ Cowpokes. This is another hard one to call. Picking against the Cowboys at home seems to be ok after the Sunday night spanking they got. The Cowpokes will be without Sean Lee, which is half of the defense, and while Smith IS hoping to play, he will have to be careful, because if he goes down, then there is no help. Not so much of a pick for the Chargers as a pick against a banged up Cowboys who are missing 2 major pieces of the puzzle, plus a number of defensive starters who had limited practice and may not be able to contribute much. Thankfully, I live in a country where alcohol is legal and abundant so I probably will sleep through this one.

Giants @ REDSKINS. I'd hate to go there. The Redskins are inconsistent at best and the Giants are pitiful at worst. On a short week to prepare, who knows>?

Succaneers @ FALCONS In the old days, Pirates used to walk around with well trained parrots on their shoulders. (Not really, there is very little historical evidence of such, but there is a great HOLLYWOOD revision of Pirate life including parrots. ) Can you imagine what would happen if the Buccaneers tried to wear FALCONS on their shoulders instead? They'd get their EYE-PATCHES plucked out.

Brown @ BENGALS I am really feeling sorry for the Browns, and even more so for their fans. Being a FINZ FAN myself, I know what disappointment feels like

TITANS @ Colts. Titans will keep a hand on that division title with a win here

Bills @ CHIEFS They have a chance here to regain that early season magic against a team that does not do well on the road and does not have faith in a QB that won a few for them. ANDY REID can go ahead and eat 2 whole Turkeys on Thursday, and still win.

Dolphins @ PATRIOTS If you want an Upset Pick, Well, NOT THIS ONE! At home, in line for the first seed, against the worst offense and a team that makes more penalties than they do offensive yards, Belichick will not even have to cheat !

PANTHERS @ Jets. What you will see in the Macy's Parade Thursday: The Pink Panther Balloon. What you won't see: Previews of the new Broadway play "We area great team" Starring the New York JETS....even Disney and Pixar can't buy that level of fantasy.

Bears @ EAGLES This could be a practice game for the Flying Eagles. They can bring some high school soccer player in to kick, let the backups have starts (who are just as good as the starters anyway) and spot the Bears 20 points...and still win without breaking a sweat.

SEAHAWKS @ 1&9ers. If the Seagulls lose, then I can at least keep making fun of the other teams name for a while.....1&10ers doesn't sound the same

Broncos @ RAIDERS The CRUMMY GAME OF THE WEEK Coach Del Rio is having about as much luck as a 3 legged cat trying to bury a turd on ice. As for the Rocky Mountain Broncos, I think I had it backwards. Early on, they were grounded, but now, like John Denver's career, the Broncos are falling apart when they are high. Either way, a home field will be about the only 2 point difference in this one.

Saints @ RAMS Here is why I think the RAMS Will bounce back and outscore the Saints at home, and I don't see the Saints getting their 45th straight win this week. But it will be a high scoring game, maybe in the 50's to the 40s

JAGUARS @ Pesky Red Birds. Keeping a hand on the first place slot will be easy, Bruce Arians and company are done like a Thanksgiving leftover by Sunday night.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
A SUPER BOWL REMATCH

Packers @ STEELERS. The Steelers need to do what they SHOULD have done in Super Bowl XLV and WIN! I remember my kid, 9 years old at the time, waking me up Monday Morning, Feb 7th, 2011 and saying, in his soft little kids voice.."Daddy..who won the Super bowl?" and I have awake moaned "The Packers" and he said "OH" sadly, knowing how disappointed I was. I mean I like the Packers, just not when they are against the Steelers or My Finz.

Monday Night
Texans @ RAVENS. The Ravens, at home, need a win to stay in the WildCard hunt. The Texans, on the other paw, may as well just jockey for a good draft pick. While it won't be a close game, the Texans just don't have the personnel this week to beat a team like the Ravens on the road.

Well, there it is. Hope you are at least entertained. Remember this is for fun only, no wagering please.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 11-21-2017 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: COLOR Correction

Old 11-21-2017, 04:23 PM

I'm entertained and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Raiders and Broncos is interesting. Raiders fire their defensive guy and Broncos fire their offensive guy. Elway clarifies, says the "soft" comment is for him, too. Back peddling not a good look.

I wonder how players feel when things happen mid-season? Who knows, maybe they like the 2nd in command better than the first. I picked the Raiders, have picked Broncos some but not a smart idea, kind of like my Giant picks.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:51 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,362,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

Vikings @ Lions.
Chargers @ Cowboys.
Giants @ Redskins.

Bucs @ Falcons.
Brown @ Bengals.
Titans @ Colts.
Bills @ Chiefs.
Dolphins @ Patriots.
Panthers @ Jets.
Bears @ Eagles.
Seahawks @ Niners.
Broncos @ Raiders.
Saints @ Rams.
Jags @ Cards.

Packers @ Steelers.

Texans @ Ravens.
Same with you, 7express!

My picks for this week:
Vikings
Cowboys
Redskins
Falcons
Bengals
Titans
Chiefs
Patriots
Panthers
Eagles
Seahawks
Raiders
Rams
Cardinals
Steelers (sorry Susan! Can't trust the Packers in this matchup.)
Texans

Old 11-21-2017, 05:09 PM

(sorry Susan! Can't trust the Packers in this matchup.)

I know, Jonathan! I don't expect a win, could be an ugly game. NFL might be sorry they didn't flex it out of Sun. night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football