Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times

Advertisements

My picks for week 11:

Titans @ Steelers
Lions @ Bears
Buccaneers @ Dolphins (which was rescheduled from week 1 due to Hurricane Irma)
Redskins @ Saints
Rams @ Vikings
Cardinals @ Texans
Bills @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Giants
Ravens @ Packers
Jaguars @ Browns (When will the Browns get their first win of the season!?)
Patriots @ Raiders (In Mexico City - and could anybody care less about NFL games in Mexico City? I know I would care less about games in Mexico City or London)
Bengals @ Broncos
Eagles @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Seahawks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 05:54 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
14 games - Byes: Colts, Jets, Panthers, 49ers - Last bye week

Titans @ Steelers
Lions
@ Bears
Buccaneers @ Dolphins
Redskins @ Saints
Rams @ Vikings
Cardinals
@ Texans
Bills @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Giants - almost picked Giants, not again, couldn't do it
Ravens @ Packers - have to pick the Pack, I'm a fan! Go Pack Go!
Jaguars
@ Browns
Patriots @ Raiders
Bengals @ Broncos
Eagles
@ Cowboys - without Lee, Zeke, don't thing they can beat high flying Eagles.
Falcons @ Seahawks

Week X: 12-2
Season: 89-57

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-14-2017 at 06:02 AM..

Old 11-14-2017, 08:21 AM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
Titans @ Steelers...this would be a game the Steelers can lose
Lions @ Bears
Buccaneers @ Dolphins
Redskins @ Saints
Rams @ Vikings
Cardinals @ Texans...hard to call this one w/o Watson
Bills @ Chargers...if Bills start back playing good
Chiefs @ Giants
Ravens @ Packers...depends on Packers D and Hundley
Jaguars @ Browns
Patriots @ Raiders
Bengals @ Broncos...could go either way
Eagles @ Cowboys...gotta pick the Cowboys but man...no Lee, Elliott or Smith..
Falcons @ Seahawks

Old 11-14-2017, 08:33 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,697,111 times
11-3 last week.
95-51 on the season.

Titans @ Steelers
Lions @ Bears
Buccaneers @ Dolphins
Redskins @ Saints
Rams @ Vikings
Cardinals @ Texans
Bills @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Giants
Ravens @ Packers
Jaguars @ Browns
Patriots @ Raiders
Bengals @ Broncos
Eagles @ Cowboys
Falcons @ Seahawks

Old 11-14-2017, 02:07 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,937 times
Last Week: 12-2
Season: 92-54

Titans @ Steelers-With Seattle's win I'm now 2-8 picking Thursday night games. Considering what happened last Sunday with the Steelers barely beating the lowly Colts, this game could be a challenge for Pittsburgh. I remember the Titans are a good team, but I said I'd pick the Steelers to win every game until they face the Patriots in Week 15. I'm sticking with that.

Lions @ Bears-I don't usually take the Lions on the road, but I think Jim Bob Cooter and Matthew Stafford will have a good enough game plan to eke out a victory against Da Bad News Bears at Soldier Field. Hopefully John Fox doesn't lose his team a possession with a bad challenge again. That was hilarious.

Buccaneers @ Dolphins-Now that the Bucs are Winstonless I can pick them to beat a struggling Fins team in this intrastate rivalry.

Redskins @ Saints-Saints will keep rolling in N'awlins against Cousins and company. Saints used to just be about Drew Brees and the passing game. Now they can run the ball and actually play defense. Watch out for this team. Who dat?

Rams @ Vikings-This is a coin toss. Both teams have significant winning streaks. The Rams are the highest scoring offense in the NFL and it seems like Goff goes off every week. The Rams are also undefeated on the road this season. Therefore, I'll take them against Purple Reign. I think Case Keenum will keep it close it though. Vikings offense is clicking as well.

Cardinals @ Texans-Houston, we have a QB problem. I can't believe Houston is throwing Tom Savage out there again after another abysmal performance. I'd be starting either T.J. Yates, Josh Johnson, or Braxton Miller to see if they can move the ball. Even with the poor QB situation I think Houston can defeat a Cardinals team that might be throwing Blaine Gabbert out there.

Bills @ Chargers-Bills are destined for another 9-7 season. They still have 2 games left against New England, so winning games like this will be necessary to get there. I bet Bills fans outnumber Carson Chargers fans at the StubHub Center.

Chiefs @ Giants-After losing to my Niners, Giants have officially entered the discussion for biggest dumpster fire this season. The Browns hold the title right now, but New York has seemingly thrown in the towel this year. I'd say they've lost confidence in their head coach and can't imagine McAdoo not getting fired soon.

Ravens @ Packers-Even with the Ravens coming off a bye week I believe in Brett Hundley and the Pack to edge out the Ravens at Lambeau.

Jaguars @ Browns-Browns have the number 1 pick sewn up, so there's really no point in winning now. Jags could actually take the AFC South. That's a crazy thought.

Patriots @ Raiders-I was planning on picking an upset in Mexico D.F. because that's a Raiders city. However, it sounds like the Patriots are going to be more prepared for the altitude, playing in Denver on Sunday and practicing in Colorado Springs this week. I think this will be close, but the GOAT and Belichick will find a way to victory.

Bengals @ Broncos-I feel like picking a tie between these two underachieving teams. I'll just take the Broncos at home since they have been accustomed to winning there until very recently.

Eagles @ Cowboys-Oh man! I hope the Eagles deliver a woodshed beating to the Zekeless and Leeless Cowboys at AT&T stadium. Nothing would satisfy me more than 100,000 Cowboys fans going home defeated. Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Falcons @ Seahawks-This is a good opportunity for the reigning NFC champs to go into the Link and defeat a Seattle team without Richard Sherman. I just don't see that happening. Seattle is too tough at home and usually good in prime time.

Last edited by maniac77; 11-14-2017 at 02:31 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 03:37 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
And Jerry Jones will be very unhappy and find someone else to sue probably.

There was talk about Packers/Steelers Week 12 flexing to Saints/Rams, NFL did not do it. Packers/Steelers still play Sunday night Week 12. I'm not surprised, many were assuming because Aaron isn't playing, I think the game is still a big draw.

Last edited by susancruzs; 11-14-2017 at 03:47 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 05:23 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
WEEK 11 ---Time for some of the Teams to GET ON THE BALL !!!!!!

SO far I am 88-58 on picks, so that may also apply to me

Now In Living Color from somewhere in Florida, here are this weeks Picks

Titans @ STEELERS Two FIRST PLACE TEAMS battle in Steel City, and this could be a good game. I expect Big Ben and company to eek out a win, but on the other hand, they have been known to lose games they should have won.

LIONS @ Bears Last week, Da Bears could not beat the Pack at home. This week, they get to lose to the Lions and their 400 Million Dollar QB.

Buccaneers @ MY FINZ I would not drive across the state to see this one. Last time, they were here in Tampa so we went. Veterans Day 4 years ago on Monday night. MY FINZ had the Incognito/Martin scandal going, and the Offensive line still has not recovered. (Like they were that great anyway) This will be a SNOOZEFEST and the Crummy Game of the week. (Rescheduled from opening weekend due to the hurricane, they should have just cancelled it altogether.)

Redskins @ SAINTS Another Home win for the First Place Saints

RAMS @ Vikings Another GAME OF THE WEEK in which the high scoring Rams come to town to take on the solid Norsemen.

Pesky Red Birds @ TEXANS With the other games on, will anyone tune in to see Blaine Gabberts rusty effort on the road?
================================================== ===
BILL's BUFFALOES @ Chargers Grumpy Cat Says:

The Buffaloes do not fare well against first and second place teams but against total jokes like the Chargers, they should win

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++
CHIEFS @ Giants After Eli's shameful loss to the 1&9ers last week, they will have barely room to unpack before the Chiefs ride in and deliver a heap big beating.

RAVENS @ Packers Probably a close game but a must win for Big Joe Flacco and company. (if he's even playing I wouldn't know)

JAGUARS @ Browns First place vs Last place I expect the Brownies to stay winless at home

PATRIOTAS @ Asaltants ! Desde el estadio de venganza de Montezumas en México ! Llámalo cuenco Cupa de Diarrea si los jugadores beben el agua.
Mira el juego en una estación española para un comentario más animado ! ARRIBA !!!

Bengals @ BRONCOS At Home, in the Rocky Mountain High, the horses are due for a win, and the disorganized striped cats should be just the team to give them one.

EAGLES @ Cowboys The Dirty Birds showed how to beat a beat up Cowboy team. The High Flying Majestic Eagles will perfect it.

Falcons @ Seahawks WHEN BIRDS ATTACK ON MONDAY NIGHT. Has to be better than the one with My Finz last time. This will probably be a beak-knocler with feathers flying.

BYE Jets Colts PINK PANTHERS 1&9ers Jets vs Colts would be a Super Bowlrematch, the MOST REMATCHED Super Bowl already

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-14-2017 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Week 10: 10-4
2017 regular season: 90-56

Byes
  • Carolina Panthers (7-3; second, NFC South)
  • Indianapolis Colts (3-7; fourth, AFC South)
  • New York Jets (4-6; fourth, AFC East)
  • San Francisco 49ers (1-9; fourth, NFC West)
Picks
  • Tennessee Titans (6-3) at Pittsburgh Steelers (7-2)
  • Detroit Lions (5-4) at Chicago Bears (3-6)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3) at Cleveland Browns (0-9)
  • Baltimore Ravens (4-5) at Green Bay Packers (5-4)
  • Arizona Cardinals (4-6) at Houston Texans (3-6)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6) at Miami Dolphins (4-5)
  • Los Angeles Rams (7-2) at Minnesota Vikings (7-2)
  • Kansas City Chiefs (6-3) at New York Giants (1-8)
  • Washington Redskins (4-5) at New Orleans Saints (7-2)
  • Buffalo Bills (5-4) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-6)
  • Cincinnati Bengals (3-6) at Denver Broncos (3-6)
  • New England Patriots (7-2) at Oakland Raiders (4-5)
  • Philadelphia Eagles (8-1) at Dallas Cowboys (5-4)
  • Atlanta Falcons (5-4) at Seattle Seahawks (6-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins

The Dolphins are obsessed with blowout losses. They are due for another blowout loss against the Buccaneers.

Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants

The Giants chose the wrong week to lose. Losing to the 49ers is epic fail. They get an opportunity for another loss against the Chiefs.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:00 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
The Bills have played terribly on the road all season. They have been completely creamed in their last two games. Yet, 7 out of 7 CDers have picked the Bills to beat the Chargers on the road. I'm leaning towards picking the Bills this week too but I thought it would be much more of an against the grain type pick.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
14 games - Byes: Colts, Jets, Panthers, 49ers - Last bye week

Titans @ Steelers
Lions
@ Bears
Buccaneers @ Dolphins
Redskins @ Saints
Rams @ Vikings
Cardinals
@ Texans
Bills @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Giants - almost picked Giants, not again, couldn't do it
Ravens @ Packers - have to pick the Pack, I'm a fan! Go Pack Go!
Jaguars
@ Browns
Patriots @ Raiders
Bengals @ Broncos
Eagles @ Cowboys - without Lee, Zeke, don't thing they can beat high flying Eagles.

Falcons @ Seahawks

Week X: 12-2
Season: 89-57
The real question is Tyron Smith playing...that Eagles front seven is going to make Dak's life worse than the Falcons did if he isnt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football