U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 07:53 AM

4,880 posts, read 3,971,136 times

Advertisements

A lot of fluke games last week, no the Giants do not rank higher than the Chiefs for example. But in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

I have this odd recurring dream. I have had it for a few years now. I made mention of it in the other boards, psychology, unexplained mysteries and such. It happens throughout the year, but it is always the same.
Late November or early December, I wake up and realize that I have missed the football season. The NFL is winding down, and it has expanded: while I cannot remember most of the names, there is a game on between the New Jersey Pilots and the Philadelphia Eagles. Several other cities have teams I have never heard of as well. Suddenly, it is Christmas eve, we are living in an apartment, and I forgot to buy presents, decorate, and we have to move in a week !

Some have suggested that it relates to my general activity of wasting time and energy on things that are not productive.
SO To tempt fate again, here are this weeks power Rankings:

32 CLEVELAND BROWNIES 0 amd a lot No wins on the horizon, and no high hopes for any trophy in the town this year.

31 San Frisco 1&9ers 1 -9 What happens when they get one win over a team who beats a first place team who is not first place material anymore but will win first because no one can challenge them?

30 30 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 3 - 7 Everyone says Andrew Lucks absence is the problem, but the defense is ranked 30th. Which is where they fall on the power rankings

29 THE CITY OF NEW YORK 6-14 A couple of losses this weekend will ensure that the Macys parade remains the highlight of the weekend.

27 SOUTHERN FLORIDA 8- 12 Expect HELP WANTED signs to spring up in Tampa and Miami in a few weeks.

25 Da Bears 3-7 Not just a bad team, but a really bad team, who has wisely written off this season as the disaster that it is. This weeks victim of a Eagles Beat Down and I will enjoy it.

24 ROCKY MOUNTAIN BRONCOS 3-7 I don't have any new John Denver references

23 PESKY RED BIRDS What a disappointing season. So much talent watching from wheelchairs.

22 HOUSTON TEXANS What a disappointing season. The town gets flooded, some of the best players in the game get hurt, and no backups in sight.

21 CINCINNATI BENGALS They got off to a slow start, and if 20 teams fold, they would make the playoffs

20 BILL's BUFFALOES Taken a Rocky Mountain style nosedive, and what's the deal with the QB ?

19 OAKLAND RAIDERS One of the selling points in Las Vegas is the dispensary right across the street from the stadium. One selling point in Oakland is the ones in the parking lot. Del Rio needs some help, and he may be living in Tampa or Miami next year.

18 CHARGELESS CHARGERS 4-6 Not too set on this team, but being in a division with with the Broncos and Raiders makes them appear better than they really are

17 ACME PACKERS Sad to say without Rodgers, they are bottom tier, with Rodgers they are top tier.

16 WASHINGTON REDSKINS

15 DALLAS COWBOYS ANother case of injuries, suspensions, bad owner ship bad coaching leading to a mediocre season. Without Zeke, Lee and Smith, they are helpless.

14 BALTIMORE RAVENS Need to step up to their potential if they want a wildcard spot. CUrrently there are 6 wildcard spots and only 7 decent teams in the AFC so they have a shot at making it.

13 TENNESSEE TITANS May not hold onto the Wild Card slot with the schedule they have, but Mariotta is the great QB that Winston isn't because of coaching.

12 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS Let's face it, they have run out of steam. They will still win the division, but will not be top two.

11 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS That loss by a beak set them back, and in the NFC, that can be dangerous becaus e there are several good teams wating to take their spot.

10 DETROIT ROCK CITY LIONS IF Stafford can earn the 1.2 Billion dollars they pay him then this team will be in the playoffs. They may be there anyway if Carroll doesn't get his birds flying right

9 LOS ANGELES RAMS The high scoring Offense will return, but this week will be a game to enjoy vs the Saints

8 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS Continue to impress, and will likely win a few more before the season ends.

7 ATLANTA FALCONS Have finally started a push for the division to have 3 playoff teams.

6 CAROLINA PANTHERS Have finally reached potential and as long as Cam Newton does not have to put his foot back in his mouth, then they will see the playoffs.

5 PITTSBURGH STEELERS Very hard to gauge 5 4 3 because all have shown some promise But the Steelers still continue to win in spite of a few mistakes, which could come back to hurt them later on

4 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS WHO DAT !?! Continue to win, and if they beat the Rams IN LA this week, I will be more impressed.

3 MEENA-SODA VIKINGS Teddy is just water under the bridge at this point.

2NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS Belichick will not have to cheat this week to beat MY FINZ

1 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES The reason they destroy opponents is because they have people on the bench who are just as good as the ones on the field! Plus, they have a week off this week against the BEARS !

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your food and football.
I know you are going to watch Football Thuusday, if you weren't, then you would not be reading this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 04:05 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Bills would be #32 if we were ranking based on the last three weeks.

I think the Chargers are better than their 18th ranking. But that OT loss to the Jags two weeks ago may have ended their season. I think they handle Dallas easily tomorrow though.

Happy Thanksgiving King Cat!

Old 11-22-2017, 04:31 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
Great list, charitable towards the Packers! ESPN and NFL.com have them dropping like a rock! I picked Chargers but I rarely pick the Cowboys.

Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck to your teams.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:56 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Happy Thanksgiving to the Cat Man, and to all of you most excellent C-D Football Pickers!

~ Colt

Old 11-22-2017, 09:21 PM

6,777 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Happy Thanksgiving LKC! From my cats to yours, I hope you have a fantastic day!

Old 11-23-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving LKC! From my cats to yours, I hope you have a fantastic day!
Thanks and you too. Enjoy the food and games

Old 11-23-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to the Cat Man, and to all of you most excellent C-D Football Pickers!

~ Colt
You too Colt. I have the food timed to be ready just before the games start. Eat watch football and be thankful. Have a great one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football