U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM

2,270 posts, read 879,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I don't think having a rising stage in the end zone from where the players can perform their routines is too far fetched. Choreographers hired by each team will play an increasing role in the NFL's mission to connect with the untapped millennial market. Perhaps some of the more gifted vocalists on each team can even sing a song.
Yes!

Abolish the extra point entirely and just have a panel of judges award 0 to 2 points based on the quality of the celebration!

"Well, Howie, it looks like the Patriots are set to go for two and put this game away. Gronkowski is going to perform the Queen of the Nights aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute while the offensive line acts out the rescue of Pamina from captivity. Classic Belichick, wouldn't you say?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 10:17 PM

32,453 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Yes!

Abolish the extra point entirely and just have a panel of judges award 0 to 2 points based on the quality of the celebration!

"Well, Howie, it looks like the Patriots are set to go for two and put this game away. Gronkowski is going to perform the Queen of the Nights aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute while the offensive line acts out the rescue of Pamina from captivity. Classic Belichick, wouldn't you say?"

Old 11-28-2017, 05:41 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,175,857 times
I enjoy them. Fun is great, as long as it's respectful.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:17 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
It's a game... doesn't matter how "professional" it is... it's still JUST a game. Let them have fun.

If you're one of the people complaining about the celebrations, go watch paint dry or something.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 AM

6,837 posts, read 7,897,171 times
Personally, I prefer watching people who are humble. Pointing at the sky to acknowledge the higher power that bestowed you with the talent to get where you are and the opportunity to enjoy that type of income is what I like to see. A few high 5's works for me also. Jumping into the bleachers to be hugged by adoring fans is cool. Handing the TD ball to a kid in the stands is awesome as well. Heck, even doing a back flip is cool.

Lining up to be knocked down like bowling pins or giving CPR to a football is just stupid. I want to watch an NFL game, not Dancing with the Stars. It makes them all look like pathetic attention whores. The players are going to keep pushing the envelope every week to see just how far they can take it. We live in the age of excess, so this can be expected.

It is all about ratings, so in the end, this will be what determines what stays or goes. Ratings will shape the policies.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,185,145 times
Doesn't bother me. Overly thought out ones are a bit silly but whatever - it's all in fun.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:19 AM

8,018 posts, read 6,600,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Personally, I prefer watching people who are humble. Pointing at the sky to acknowledge the higher power that bestowed you with the talent to get where you are and the opportunity to enjoy that type of income is what I like to see. A few high 5's works for me also. Jumping into the bleachers to be hugged by adoring fans is cool. Handing the TD ball to a kid in the stands is awesome as well. Heck, even doing a back flip is cool.

Lining up to be knocked down like bowling pins or giving CPR to a football is just stupid. I want to watch an NFL game, not Dancing with the Stars. It makes them all look like pathetic attention whores. The players are going to keep pushing the envelope every week to see just how far they can take it. We live in the age of excess, so this can be expected.

It is all about ratings, so in the end, this will be what determines what stays or goes. Ratings will shape the policies.
Let me guess you must be the type who goes out to a social gathering and stand in the corner nursing a drink silently judging everyone while everybody else enjoying themselves.

Man I enjoyed the Eagles celebration. Lord knows people need to loosen up and get the stick out of their asses these days. Everything is way too serious now.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:43 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,230,719 times
I come from the era where the Redskins had the "fun bunch" and each time one of the receivers scored a TD, the group would get together and do a jumping group high five. I also come from the era where we had John Riggins that wouldn't do any celebration. Art Monk would spike the ball, Ricky Sanders would do a behind the back spike, DeAngelo Hall does a little slide to his knees with his hands in the air, etc....I really don't care if the players celebrate or if they don't. As long as my team is scoring more points than the opposing team, I'm happy.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
I don't mind them, some I need the announcer to tell me what they are supposed to be!

Jordy, Randall and Davante have been doing Olympic things, first the bobsled team, this time curling, for the upcoming Winter Olympics. Jordy's idea and he is as low key as you can get for a WR.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:03 PM

17,733 posts, read 8,863,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
YES
It's getting obnoxious. Totally ok with a little celebration but these planned out team routines are over the top.

The Eagles this week remind me of Carolina a few years back. Arrogant team displays on the sidelines only to get trounced at the end.
Except the Eagles didn't get trounced, and I doubt if they will this season. I am old school, so not a fan of the celebrations. In the old days, they offenders would get "hurt" on the next play. It does seem like rubbing salt in the wounds to me, and not at all classy. Just more "look at me, I'm special, and arrogant, but you are going to watch me anyway".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football