Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:18 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Except the Eagles didn't get trounced, and I doubt if they will this season. I am old school, so not a fan of the celebrations. In the old days, they offenders would get "hurt" on the next play. It does seem like rubbing salt in the wounds to me, and not at all classy. Just more "look at me, I'm special, and arrogant, but you are going to watch me anyway".
yeah, except that never happened
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 01:36 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I come from the era where the Redskins had the "fun bunch" and each time one of the receivers scored a TD, the group would get together and do a jumping group high five. I also come from the era where we had John Riggins that wouldn't do any celebration. Art Monk would spike the ball, Ricky Sanders would do a behind the back spike, DeAngelo Hall does a little slide to his knees with his hands in the air, etc....I really don't care if the players celebrate or if they don't. As long as my team is scoring more points than the opposing team, I'm happy.
I too remember the Fun Bunch with fondness. Pales in comparison to a group of players simulating the eating of a turkey dinner.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:47 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
We did have the whole TO on the Dallas star fiasco. Don't want to change the topic to Owens... but adding the video for those who have no recollection of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9QPSxsETI

Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Then there's this... taking celebrations to the next level...

The Eagles ‘Gang Green’ shirts are now for sale

Earlier this month, Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills created some “Gang Green” t-shirts that were being worn by Philadelphia’s secondary.

At the time, a lot of people were asking where they could buy them. They weren’t for sale. But now they are.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:39 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb did the same thing with their bobsled routine:

Packers 'Bobsled celebration' t-shirts for sale | WLUK

Old 11-29-2017, 07:53 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Then there's this... taking celebrations to the next level...

The Eagles ‘Gang Green’ shirts are now for sale

Earlier this month, Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills created some “Gang Green” t-shirts that were being worn by Philadelphia’s secondary.

At the time, a lot of people were asking where they could buy them. They weren’t for sale. But now they are.

Love it! This team is completely aboard.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
I'm totally fine with it. Let the players have fun.

I honestly don't see how the celebrations could bother anyone....

Old 12-02-2017, 07:03 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,943,089 times
What is with you softies "as long as it's not taunting" crybabies. That is the whole point of the celebrations and what made them so great years ago before they were banned. It added drama and emotion to the game. Apparently I am in the minority when football had high ratings and I loved it when players like TO would have awesome TD celebrations taunting the other team! Now you're telling me you prefer these rehearsed stupid corny celebrations?! Football is the most violent sport outside of MMA, yet you think taunting is too much!! Seriously? I would expect celebrations no like that in a freshmen highschool game. Not the NFL.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:09 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Yeah it did. I've seen it happen. You'd get clothe lined, or when you were under the pile, someone would stomp on you. They didn't put up with that B.S. back then, but neither the Revenues, nor players were worth that much.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
What is with you softies "as long as it's not taunting" crybabies. That is the whole point of the celebrations and what made them so great years ago before they were banned. It added drama and emotion to the game. Apparently I am in the minority when football had high ratings and I loved it when players like TO would have awesome TD celebrations taunting the other team! Now you're telling me you prefer these rehearsed stupid corny celebrations?! Football is the most violent sport outside of MMA, yet you think taunting is too much!! Seriously? I would expect celebrations no like that in a freshmen highschool game. Not the NFL.
agreed, should allow brass knuckles too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football