U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,058,957 times

Advertisements

Last Week: 12-4
Overall: 112-64

Redskins @ Cowboys-I'm thoroughly enjoying the downward spiral of the Cowboys. Hopefully Cousins earns his franchise money and takes Dallas behind the woodshed tonight.

Vikings @ Falcons -Viqueens are due for a stumble. They've won 7 in a row. Falcons are going to be hungrier for a win since they reside in the competitive NFC South. Minnesota can lose this and still be okay.

Texans @ Titans -I remember the Titans used to be bad, but this season the Fighting Mariotas are cruising to the AFC South crown. I don't trust Jacksonville and Bortles to win this division.

Chiefs @ Jets-There was a point in this season when the Chiefs were being called the best team in the league. They sure have fallen from grace. I said a few weeks back that I'm not picking the Jets anymore, so I'm sticking with that.

Broncos @ Dolphins-Both these teams are lousy, so I'll take the Fins at home.

Colts @ Jaguars -The Jags easy schedule continues. The Colts are competitive, but they don't win very often. That's the classic sign of a bad team in the NFL.

Buccaneers @ Packers -I still believe in the Pack and hope Brett Hundley smokes a Winston at Lambeau.

Lions @ Ravens -This is a tough one. I usually don't pick against Jim Bob Cooter, but I'll take the Ravens in an ugly squeaker.

Patriots @ Bills-Patriots haven't clinched home field advantage yet, so they will keep winning against a Bills team that is singlehandedly destroying my picking record this season.

49ers @ Bears-I'm excited to see the Jimmy G. era begin. Yeah, he played last week, but that was mop up duty. If he wants the franchise tag, these are the kind of games he's going to have to win. I don't usually pick my Niners for good reason, but this game is winnable since Da Bears tend to beat themselves. Besides the 1-10ers already blew their chance at first pick by winning a game. They might as well win another.

Browns @ Chargers -The Browns last and only win was against these Chargers last season, but history won't repeat itself here. It would behoove the Browns not to win so they can get the first pick. I can see them getting a win in Week 16 or 17, but it's too soon right now and the homeless Carson Chargers are playing pretty well.

Giants @ Raiders-Even with the great Geno Smith taking over at QB, I'm still gonna take the Raiders at home. Hopefully a teammate doesn't knock Geno out in practice. It wouldn't surprise me considering the dumpster fire the Giants have become.

Panthers @ Saints -I don't know. I'll just take N'awlins at home because I like Drew Brees.

Rams @ Cardinals-Rams are having a great season and the Cards are terrible. I'll take Goff over Gabbert every time.

Eagles @ Seahawks -Like the Vikes, the Eagles are due for a loss and can afford to lose one. This is the point in the season when Seattle wins games like this in prime time at home.

Steelers @ Bengals-Steelers keep rolling in this intense rivalry game. Because Steelers tend to play to their level of competition, this will be close. They know how to close out wins. This game should put a dagger in the Bengals playoff hopes and Marvin Lewis's long tenure in Cincy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 09:26 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,187,860 times
Whoa, some real stinkers this week. All will be shown here of course. haha

Redskins @ Cowboys
Patriots @ Bills
Chiefs @ Jets
49ers @ Bears
Colts @ Jaguars
Texans @ Titans
Browns @ Chargers
Vikings @ Falcons
Buccaneers @ Packers
Broncos @ Dolphins
Lions @ Ravens
Panthers @ Saints
Giants @ Raiders
Rams @ Cardinals
Eagles @ Seahawks
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 11-30-2017, 01:43 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,262,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
I'm the only one that picked against them so far. I know Hundley's been playing better but I can't trust the Packers defense, especially when they give up too many big pass plays. No excuse to give up way too many big pass plays, especially if you are a very good defense even though they can stop the run plays.
Well Jonas is the only other poster to pick against Green Bay so that makes only two people, including myself to pick against Green Bay.

Old 11-30-2017, 02:00 PM

10,700 posts, read 11,102,931 times
Here's my work so far:

week 1: 9-6
Week 2: 13-3
Week 3: 7-9
Week 4: 10-6
Week 5: 7-7
Week 6: 6-8
Week 7: 13-2
Week 8: 12-1
Week 9: 8-5
Week 10: 10-4
Week 11: 6-8
Week 12: 12-4
Total: 113-63

Everyone seems to be having a pretty solid year picking. I haven't gone back and looked at the numbers from the last 2 seasons but it seems like most of us are doing better this year.

My picks for week 13:

Redskins @ Cowboys: Redskins
vikings @ Falcons: Falcons
Texans @ Titans: Titans
Chiefs @ Jets: Chiefs
Broncos @ Dolphins: Dolphins
Colts @ Jaguars: Jaguars
Buccaneers @ Packers: Packers
Lions @ Ravens: Lions
Patriots @ Bills: Patriots
49ers @ Bears: 49ers
Browns @ Chargers: Chargers
Giants @ Raiders: Raiders
Panthers @ Saints: Saints
Rams @ Cardinals Rams
Eagles @ Seahawks: Seahawks
Steelers @ Bengals: Steelers

Old 11-30-2017, 02:27 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,556,423 times
I'm changing my Falcons pick to the Vikings, hate to pick the Vikings but I am going to do it!

Old 11-30-2017, 02:33 PM

21,339 posts, read 21,917,974 times
Minnesota at Atlanta --- I pick Atlanta

Old 11-30-2017, 03:49 PM

So, are you being funny? Are you even picking the games this year? What about all your numerical theories, what happened to them???

Old 11-30-2017, 04:00 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,262,417 times
Susan, Ghengis is almost always funny. I like his sense of humor.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:15 PM

He is very witty, dry, makes one stop and think sometimes with his comments! By the way I am sorry I've been cranky with my comments!

Old 11-30-2017, 04:34 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,964,711 times
Redskins
Falcons
New England
Chicago
Green Bay
Tennessee
Miami
Kansas City
Jacksonville
Baltimore
Los Angeles (LAC)
Oakland
New Orleans
Los Angeles (LAR)
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh

Last week: 12-4

Total this season so far: 111-65
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football