U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2017, 06:07 PM

3,305 posts, read 2,299,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
If you are referring to the Eagles, then your statement is nothing but complete ignorance.
Nick Foles led the comeback that beat the Rams. He led the team to victory over the Giants, even though the defense played poorly. YES - He played poorly against the Raiders but they did win the game.
I, for one, would prefer Foles over that "so-called" NFL quarterback Case Keenum.
My mistake. I thought he was talking about Green Bay. No matter WHAT HAPPENS during any NFL season, vikings fans are continually obsessed with Green Bay. A successful season in mini-soda is any season the Packers don't make the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 07:15 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,869,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
My mistake. I thought he was talking about Green Bay. No matter WHAT HAPPENS during any NFL season, vikings fans are continually obsessed with Green Bay. A successful season in mini-soda is any season the Packers don't make the Super Bowl.
Which is pretty often... 2 appearances since '67 isn't some amazing feat. If it weren't for a couple of last minute meltdowns, the vikings would have made 6 in the same span (yeah yeah, I know, 0-4).

No hard feelings though, once Rodgers retires the Packers will probably return to the garbage pre-Favre 80's teams. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:16 PM

929 posts, read 296,139 times
I keep forgetting Minnesota plays its home games indoors. They temporarily played outdoors while the Vikings' stadium was under construction; and the way it was condstructed, lends one to believe from the perspective of a TV viewer, the game is outdoors. Being that, I like New Orleans to come out of the NFC. They are a far cry from the team that lost to the Vikings in week one. The defense has become legit, something I never could imagine after all the horrific defenses the past 10 years or so. Even as a dome team, the Saints probably will need to win one game in cold weather (someone is going to have to win in Philly assuming the Eagles wrap the one seed up). I think Foles will be fine. However I don't trust the Eagles defense these days as much as I do New Orleans, Minnesota, or Carolina and the way this is setting up this year, I see more emphasis on the NFC playoffs being determined the old fashioned way and not predominantly on stellar QB play. But all else created equal, give me an aging Drew Bree's over the other five starting QBs any day.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:56 AM

3,150 posts, read 2,191,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I keep forgetting Minnesota plays its home games indoors. They temporarily played outdoors while the Vikings' stadium was under construction; and the way it was condstructed, lends one to believe from the perspective of a TV viewer, the game is outdoors. Being that, I like New Orleans to come out of the NFC. They are a far cry from the team that lost to the Vikings in week one. The defense has become legit, something I never could imagine after all the horrific defenses the past 10 years or so. Even as a dome team, the Saints probably will need to win one game in cold weather (someone is going to have to win in Philly assuming the Eagles wrap the one seed up). I think Foles will be fine. However I don't trust the Eagles defense these days as much as I do New Orleans, Minnesota, or Carolina and the way this is setting up this year, I see more emphasis on the NFC playoffs being determined the old fashioned way and not predominantly on stellar QB play. But all else created equal, give me an aging Drew Bree's over the other five starting QBs any day.
The win over Oakland DID wrap up the #1 seed for the Eagles.

Old 12-29-2017, 04:52 AM

929 posts, read 296,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The win over Oakland DID wrap up the #1 seed for the Eagles.
Good to know. I lost track of who owed what tie breaker advantage over the holiday season.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:23 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,540,543 times
It will be interesting who gets 6th seed. Experts probably favor Seahawks, but Cardinals are a team that has won in their stadium plus offense is Wilson, over 90% Wilson.

Falcons, can they beat the Panthers? Falcons are always an up and down team, you never know which team you'll get!

Doesn't really matter to me, I would be happy if either the Eagles or Saints are in the Super Bowl.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:25 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,869,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It will be interesting who gets 6th seed. Experts probably favor Seahawks, but Cardinals are a team that has won in their stadium plus offense is Wilson, over 90% Wilson.

Falcons, can they beat the Panthers? Falcons are always an up and down team, you never know which team you'll get!

Doesn't really matter to me, I would be happy if either the Eagles or Saints are in the Super Bowl.
Come on Susan... everyone knows your riding this Vikings bandwagon.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:35 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,119,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Come on Susan... everyone knows your riding this Vikings bandwagon.

Yeah! Get on the Purple BANDWAGON, Susan!

We can always jump off when they lose!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:44 PM

3,305 posts, read 2,299,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Which is pretty often... 2 appearances since '67 isn't some amazing feat. If it weren't for a couple of last minute meltdowns, the vikings would have made 6 in the same span (yeah yeah, I know, 0-4).

No hard feelings though, once Rodgers retires the Packers will probably return to the garbage pre-Favre 80's teams. Enjoy it while it lasts.
We are. AR is being wasted and any honest Packers fan will agree!
I'm not even going to go to the 0-4. That was then.
In the "passing era" 1978-present, Gb has 3 appearances, 2 wins. Not exactly dynastic, but not sure why viking fans rip on GB for this, they have ZERO.
We can all play the "coulda shoulda" game too. GB "coulda shoulda " had a few more too.

I remember after the 96 season, so many minny fans tried to cheapen GB's SB win, saying they "dodged" Dallas and Denver. I wonder if those same fans sent their thank-you cards to the LA Rams for knocking Wentz out, paving the way for the NFC title. I also wonder if a minny Sb appearance alone will stop the Packer obsession. Nah They hate them cause they ain;t them. Either way, enjoy your gift-wrapped SB and try not to ********** one up!!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:52 PM

6,534 posts, read 4,486,193 times
I don't have a fight in the NFC side of things but this Seattle offense is so bad that they may not cross midfield against the Rams/Saints/Panthers if they make the playoffs. At least I think the Falcons will make that a competitive game, so that's why I'm hoping the Falcons get the last NFC spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or